World, Writing, Wealth discussion

The Lounge: Chat. Relax. Unwind. > New York or Beijing?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 14919 comments You have a vacation, but the season isn't perfect for beach and sun. Money is not the issue, staying put is not an option and you decide you gonna hit some big city for: shopping/clubbing/ sightseeing/ your choice.
Where would you go and why?

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (goldikova) London. I want to see all the Pre-Raphaelite paintings in the Tate. Gallery, Jimmy Page's dragon suit at the Victoria & Albert and do a walking tour of the old section of Highgate cemetery. These are my preferred type of vacations.......... I HATE the beach.

message 3: by J.J. (new)

J.J. Mainor | 2250 comments I'm a road trip person myself. While the major cities would be fascinating, I tend to prefer trips to places that don't draw a lot of tourists. I keep telling myself someday I'd like to drive across to see the Mississippi River. Probably less than a day's drive if I didn't stop, but I never get around to doing it. Still, I think it might be interesting to stop along the way and explore Nashville and Knoxville for a day, and of course, you'd have to make sure your destination at the River is Memphis.

message 4: by Michel (new)

Michel Poulin Definitely not Beijing, not with its crazy air pollution levels! I always have had a weakness for Paris. Such a romantic place full of history and arts (and good food). I would also like to properly visit London, for its history (but not for its food!). One city that I visited once and loved and have been trying to convince my wife to go to together one day is Budapest. That city is beautiful, full of fantastic Baroque architecture and historical places one has to see.

message 5: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 14919 comments London, Memphis, Paris, Budapest - cool destinations!

Michel, if you manage to convince your wife, we can maybe meet for a goulash soup on Vaci Utca this summer -:)

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛  (pinkhairedwannabe) | 65 comments How could I possibly choose?!

First I'd want to visit Reykjavik and look around at all the natural beauty, like the bubbling paint pots and the Northern Lights. Then I'd want to relax in a volcanic hot spring, and try some taffy.

Then I'd go to Vilnius and not only do research for most of my novels, but also take in their history and old-fashioned cities.

Lastly I'd visit Tokyo and put my Japanese language to work! I'd love to travel all over Japan in general though, visiting temples and whatnot.

message 7: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 14919 comments Elizabeth♛ Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛ wrote: "How could I possibly choose?!

First I'd want to visit Reykjavik and look around at all the natural beauty, like the bubbling paint pots and the Northern Lights. Then I'd want to relax in a volcan..."

Reykjavik, Vilnius and Tokyo also sound cool. Would love to see Northern Lights myself