What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Vietnam era romance w/ French nurse. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 12 comments French woman (nurse) goes to america, was left some money by deceased relative. She meets a man (military desk job), he's married but doesn't tell her. He's unhappy with the marriage. He also cannot have kids, but his wife ends up pregnant due to an affair with the mans father. The main couple intend to meet up again but for some reason miss each other. The woman had been talked into going to help in the war, the man also had decided to fight in the war. Eventually they meet up and start a romantic relationship. She still doesn't know about the wife but he has told the wife he wants a divorce. The 2 main characters are split up when the woman is involved in an accident. He thinks she's dead. While she's being treated in a hospital recovering,  someone reads her some hero like article about the man and it mentions his wife. Feeling betrayed, once healed, she doesn't initially try to find him. She ends up in a relationship with the plastic surgeon who tried to fix her scars after the accident. She goes back to america at some point. A few years later just trying to live life, she ends up reconnecting with a doctor from her time in the war. Eventually, she also meets up with the guy she met from the beginning of the novel. I really don't remember any names. I think the area in America they are in is LA but I'm not certain. I read this book around 6 years ago, give or take, but it was gifted to me so it could be a few years older.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35181 comments Mod
For All Their Lives by Fern Michaels seems to match your description.

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 12 comments Kris wrote: "For All Their Lives by Fern Michaels seems to match your description."

Yes, thanks!

message 4: by Kris (last edited May 30, 2017 06:46AM) (new)

Kris | 35181 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Melanie. I got lucky using www.worldcat.org:

www.worldcat.org (advanced search) -- Keyword: french nurse vietnam romance | Non-Juvenile | Fiction | Book | English

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

For All Their Lives (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Fern Michaels (other topics)