Play Book Tag discussion

Secrets of Eden
This topic is about Secrets of Eden
Archive: Other Books > Secrets of Eden / Chris Bohjalian. 3.75 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LibraryCin (last edited May 27, 2017 07:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

LibraryCin | 8040 comments 3.75 stars

Steven is a minister in a small town. ****This may be a SPOILER, but it’s revealed fairly early on.****(view spoiler) ****END POSSIBLE SPOILER**** Alice is married, but her husband is abusive toward her. Alice and her husband have a teenage daughter, Katie. When Katie’s parents are discovered one Monday morning by Alice’s best friend, Ginny, it appears that Alice was murdered by her husband, who then killed himself.

Overall, I thought this story was very good. I listened to the audio, which was done well; there were four different narrators for each of four parts, each part told by someone different. We got points of view from Stephen; Kathleen, a lawyer; Heather, an author who is famous for her books about angels, whose parents also died when she was a teen via a murder-suicide by her father; and Katie. I would have given it 4 stars, except for a quarter star deduction for Heather’s boring angel stuff. I could have done without any of the angel stuff. Heather’s part of the story was the least interesting to me (though not all bad), but add in those angels, and the book lost a ¼ star. I quite enjoyed the rest of the book, though.

message 2: by Raine (new)

Raine (rainelu) | 220 comments I love this author. I think I started this book awhile ago but stopped reading it. I'm going to look for it again. Thanks for review.

LibraryCin | 8040 comments Raine, just note that I've rated this higher than many other people. I have probably rated all the others I've read by him higher than this.

BC also has it rated at 4 stars, and it looks like she read the audio. As I was reading some of the other reviews, I wonder if the audio is better than in print. So, if you do audios, you might want to see about reading this one that way.

message 4: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy | 8192 comments This one was a three for me. Others of his I have loved and cherished far more.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5549 comments Cin you can hide a spoiler by using html coding .... just like (view spoiler) the "b."

Ellen | 2054 comments I gave this one 3 stars. I had to go reread my review because I couldn't remember much about it. I did call Heather a 'class-A nut job', so I agree with your feelings about her.

LibraryCin | 8040 comments Ellen wrote: "I gave this one 3 stars. I had to go reread my review because I couldn't remember much about it. I did call Heather a 'class-A nut job', so I agree with your feelings about her."

LOL! Yup!