Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Peter Pan Retelling First 4 Chapters

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly (last edited May 27, 2017 02:22PM) (new)

Molly Mulligan Hi there :)

I'm hoping to get feedback on the first couple chapters of my New Adult retelling of 'Peter Pan.' The segment is roughly 10k words. If this is something you may be interested in, please pm me.

Here's a summary of the story:

A year abroad seemed like the exact change that twenty-year-old Wendy has been longing for. But she gets more than she bargained for when a hike through the New Zealand countryside mysteriously transports her to an alternate universe. Trapped in Neverland, the vast sea on an archaic planet full of pirates and mermaids, Wendy wants nothing more than to take it all back and go home again.

Her return seems hopeless when she's kidnapped by the crew of the Jolly Roger to act as a pawn in a plan set out by Captain Hook - a plan that will end in her death. She escapes and teams up with Peter, a roguish young sailor with a ship of his own, to outrun Hook and find the means to go back to the loved ones left grieving for her. But as Wendy and Peter's adventures unfold, their friendship turns into something more. Escaping Neverland was never going to be simple, but now the stakes are higher than ever.

Faced with cursed treasure maps, sea-witches, and blood-thirsty pirates, Wendy could never have predicted what will become the greatest challenge of all. How will she bring herself to leave Peter behind?

Thanks!

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary Jung (mkjfrj) | 17 comments I'd be interested in reading your Peter Pan book.

I have no idea how to pm you, however

Mary
mkjfrj@aol.com