The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hola from Texas!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Morrow Hey y'all! (I am not being kitschy, we really to say "y'all" all the time.)

I just found out that goodreads has groups! Uber noobie here.
I recently rediscovered my love of reading and am one of those readers that devour books or take months to read them due to owning a business and basically, life.
I am in to that dark, psychological, leaves you thinking for days, can't tell what reality is and what isn't type of books. It helps me from digging into true crime, conspiracy theories, and crime scene and gore on the internet.
Then I discovered Caroline Kepnes with her book "You" and added a little erotica to that list.
I am sort of in a pattern where everything I pick up turns into a detective solving a case. So, I am struggling with finding a happy medium as the detective aspect gets a little mundane. Crazy thing happens, work to solve the case, add some relationship woes, end the story with some bizarre twist, happy ending.

Anyway, howdy. Looking forward to seeing what this group has to offer!

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1470 comments Welcome Whitney

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (officerripley) Yes, welcome!

message 4: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 5389 comments Mod
Welcome to the group Whitney. I think you'll find how varied the mystery genre can be as you explore this group. Enjoy yourself.

message 5: by Ed (new)

Ed | 19 comments Welcome Whitney! From Texas as well.

message 6: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Henderson Hi! I'm also from the Lone Star state! :)

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 128 comments Welcome! I'm a neighbor to you. I'm from Sugar Land.

message 8: by Mariah (new)

Mariah Kingdom (mariah_kingdom) Hi Whitney, nice to meet you!

message 9: by Lee (new)

Lee Sherred (leesherredauthor) | 23 comments Hi Whitney, I know the feeling. I've been on Goodreads for a few months now but I've also only recently discovered the groups and set out exploring! Ha ha

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissal88) | 21 comments Hi Whitney! (Waving from Houston!) if you're ever in Houston, you must visit Murder By the Book. Absolutely the best customer service! They can recommend books left and right that meet your reading likes!

message 11: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (ksales) | 61 comments Melissa wrote: "Hi Whitney! (Waving from Houston!) if you're ever in Houston, you must visit Murder By the Book. Absolutely the best customer service! They can recommend books left and right that meet your reading..."

Murder By the Book is a wonderful bookstore. Well worth a visit.