Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Amazon buy link 404

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Stewart (michaelfstewart) | 5 comments There are three editions of this:
One with an ISBN10
One with the ISBN13
One with the ASIN
Amazon is picking up the ISBN10 and failing to find the product page. I can't change either of the top two because they are both correct and I think need to be combined? Not sure.
Help would be appreciated.

message 2: by Dobby (last edited May 26, 2017 07:14PM) (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3535 comments Working on it...

ISBN10: You had removed the ISBN13, which is against Goodreads policy. The number in the ISBN10 position was the ISBN13, truncated. That ISBN13 pointed to the Kindle edition of the book. Since Kindle editions use an ASIN rather than an ISBN, this edition was an incomplete duplicate of the Kindle edition, ASIN B06XYQHRJ9. I merged this duplicate edition with the existing Kindle edition.

ISBN13: ISBN 9780993757921 is the paperback edition; link works as it should

ASIN: Kindle edition ASIN B06XYQHRJ9; link works as it should

You received the 404 error because the truncated ISBN 13 in the ISBN 10 position was not a legitimate number. The Goodreads database displayed an alert advising that there might be an issue with the ISBN when you attempted to save the book record. If you should see a similar alert in future, please ask for assistance in the Librarians Group so we can identify and fix the issue.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Stewart (michaelfstewart) | 5 comments Dobby0390 wrote: "Working on it...

➀ ISBN10: You had removed the ISBN13, which is against Goodreads policy. The number in the ISBN10 position was the ISBN13, truncated. That ISBN13 pointed to the Kindle edition of ..."

Thank you for the help!

message 4: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3535 comments Michael wrote: "Thank you for the help! ..."

You're very welcome. :-)

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Stewart (michaelfstewart) | 5 comments It appears that, in the combining, 5 ratings/reviews have gone missing. Is this just a matter of GRs taking time to sort it out. Or does it require assistance? Thanks in advance.

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6170 comments It takes just time normally, can be about a day