Romance that Speaks to the Soul discussion

Refugee Road (Freedom Fighters #1)
This topic is about Refugee Road
Freedom Fighters > Refugee Road wins the Gold Medal!!!!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nikki Landis (nikkilandis) | 21 comments Mod
Refugee Road has been awarded the GOLD MEDAL in the 2017 IPPY Awards for BEST ROMANCE/EROTICA. I am so happy and humbled at this honor and excited to be in such talented company.

Giselle Roeder | 1 comments Nikki: Congratulations. I read - and finished your book. The first part really "got me" and I had to stop reading for a week, but then I wanted to know "what happens next". I was surprised by the change from fighting to romance, the sex scenes, the constant anxiety of the heroine to be found again, and the chances she took by helping others. And at the end, I was upset that she did get caught by the worst man she had been so afraid of. And now I wonder what happened to her...

Nikki Landis (nikkilandis) | 21 comments Mod
It's a bit of a roller coaster for sure. The story is a 4 part book series and Refugee Road is part one. There's quite a few intense moments which add to the post-apocalyptic/war ravaged story line. Lizzie finds herself in constant turmoil and in book 2 things get crazier. Currently I'm working on book 3. I hope it wasn't too much for you. I should have suggested a different book of mine but I didn't realize this is the one you were reading. :) Thank you for giving my story a chance!