SIA Showcase for Readers and Writers discussion

Member showcase N through T > E.A. Padilla, action thriller author updates.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by E.A. (last edited May 26, 2017 05:12PM) (new)

E.A. Padilla | 5 comments Since joining Goodreads, I find myself reading more and more. I love this place! Getting to see other writers chasing a similar goal of not just being a self-published author, but trying to transition into a full-time writer earning enough money to support ourselves and justifying the decision to make a career change.

My influences are John Grisham, Tom Clancy and early Stephen King. I've been searching through my groups in Goodreads to find other writers. I've purchased at least five (5) books from Goodreads authors that I found here. I tell my non-Goodreads friends that if you're a reader, you need to join. I'm kind of OCD, so tallying up and tracking all of the books I've read is right up my alley.

The books I've written (3) and outlined (5 more coming) are based on some small aspect that is historically accurate. After using something real or took place, I then create fictional characters and plots around that basic truth. My stories center around government conspiracy, murder, mayhem with plots that involves multiple story lines, challenging the reader and hopefully carrying them along a rewarding yet crazy plot providing unexpected twists, turns, intrigue and suspense. Well, that's the goal anyway.

The author proof for book 3 "Tunnels" was mailed out yesterday. I plan on utilizing Goodreads with my first Giveaway. For those interested, I encourage you to check out my website at www.eappublishing.com .

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1090 comments Hi EA! Good to see you here in the showcase.

message 3: by E.A. (new)

E.A. Padilla | 5 comments Christina wrote: "Hi EA! Good to see you here in the showcase."
Thanks Christina! :)

message 4: by E.A. (new)

E.A. Padilla | 5 comments "Tunnels" went live yesterday! The paperback version is on Amazon. Working through the ebook with my coordinator. Once it's done, I will finalize a giveaway through Goodreads. I'll keep you posted.

message 5: by E.A. (new)

E.A. Padilla | 5 comments Recently, I received confirmation that my book "Tunnels" was selected as a finalist in the 2018 American Book Fest's Thriller: General category. So grateful for the validation by the judges. This acknowledgement is the professional insiders feedback I was seeking. I feel more motivated and optimistic about my future as an author. I just need to keep my head down, and stay on track.

My fourth book "Sentinel Event" is in the final edit phase. With six more books outlined, my goal is to release a book a year until I establish a big enough following, and generate enough buying fans, to transition to a full-time writer. The link below provides the full list of winners and finalists for every category. Have a great weekend everyone!

http://www.americanbookfest.com/2018a...

message 6: by E.A. (new)

E.A. Padilla | 5 comments My 4th book "Sentinel Event" was just selected as a Finalist in the Thriller-General category for 2019 American Fiction Awards.

Working on my 5th book "Gamers". I think I'm getting the hang of this!