Young Adult Fiction discussion

Introductions! > Introduce yourself; chat too!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe | 20 comments Mod
Hiii! I thought it might be a good idea to introduce ourselves! Yay!
Rightyho, I'll go first.

1. I love drinking tea (currently loving apple and cinnamon- aaaah!)
2. Drinking tea with books
3. Chocolate cake
4. Making new friends and meeting new people!
5. Stroking dogs.
6. Listening to rain.
7. Literally anything YA
8. Pet peeves: grammar mistakes
9. I LOVE WELLIES AND RAINCOATS.
10. I have an obsession with buying books so I had to get my closest friend to confiscate my debit and credit card.
11. MASSIVE TBR.
12. All the books I have read are not on goodreads. Only the ones I had to put in. Other than that, it is much to arduous to put them all on! I would be here all year!
13. I love peanut butter - eating it out of the jar love.
14. I'm English *queue national anthem*

Your turn! I hope to speak to some of you soon!

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie Sterritt (katlinsierra) My name is Katie! Here are a few things about me:
1. I love tea! My favorite is lavender, but I'm not that picky!
2. I just recently graduated from college. And no I have no idea what is next for me!
3. I love movies as well! My favorite movie at the moment is Moana!
4. I also love to write, although I'm not very good at sharing my writing. Maybe this group will help me branch out!
5. I'm from Ohio, the most boring state in all of US!

Well that's all I can think of right now!

message 3: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe | 20 comments Mod
Katie wrote: "My name is Katie! Here are a few things about me:
1. I love tea! My favorite is lavender, but I'm not that picky!
2. I just recently graduated from college. And no I have no idea what is next for ..."

You like to write? Me too. :) I only ever really write 4 paragraphs though and then move onto another idea!

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Kingsbury | 1 comments Hey, I just joined and figured I'd introduce myself too!

I'm a Welsh person living in England to study History at university. I have no idea whether I want to try to go into publishing or teaching when I graduate.
I've only been drinking tea since 2014, but I love it! Despite hating it before then.
I love going to the cinema when their is a big film out. The Marvel films have become my favourite and I'm dying to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie.
As far as TV shows go, I'm obsessed with PLL and Lucifer right now, but that changes all the time.
I do love writing as well as reading, but I can never stick with one idea long enough!
....I'm trying to think of something interesting about me, but people always seem interested in the fact that I can speak Welsh.
That's basically me in a nutshell. Nice to meet you!

message 5: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe | 20 comments Mod
Kelly wrote: "Hey, I just joined and figured I'd introduce myself too!

I'm a Welsh person living in England to study History at university. I have no idea whether I want to try to go into publishing or teaching..."

I am obsessed with PLL too! I haven't seen the latest episode though yet. Planning on watching tonight!

message 6: by Grace (new)

Grace | 7 comments Mod
Hiya! Thought I might as well introduce myself ^-^
I'm British, and - those who know me would agree - pretty much obsessed with books, peppermint tea (oh my gosh don't even get me STARTED on peppermint tea) and I've recently started getting into YA, romance novels to be specific. So... Books, peppermint tea and YA, pretty much sums me up. Nice to see lots of people from all over here! (Oh and also, the finale of PLL is just life)

message 7: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe | 20 comments Mod
Grace wrote: "Hiya! Thought I might as well introduce myself ^-^
I'm British, and - those who know me would agree - pretty much obsessed with books, peppermint tea (oh my gosh don't even get me STARTED on pepper..."

Have you seen it too? I have been binging the entire series for ages now!

message 8: by Lily (new)

Lily | 1 comments Hi! My name is Lily and I just joined this group! Here's some facts about me! :D
1.) I have an extremely unhealthy obsession with coffee...
2.) I own a leopard gecko!
3.) I live two blocks from the beach!
4.) I want a Labrador retriever puppy so badly!
5.) I love reading but had trouble motivating myself to actually do it, but once I do there's no stopping me.
6.) I prefer actual books over my kindle!
7.) I feel like I'm the only one who's noticed that there's been a lot of books about school shootings in YA recently??¿
8.) My favorite place to be is in my bath tub with candles and a glass of sprite (can't drink yet) reading!

message 9: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe | 20 comments Mod
Lily wrote: "Hi! My name is Lily and I just joined this group! Here's some facts about me! :D
1.) I have an extremely unhealthy obsession with coffee...
2.) I own a leopard gecko!
3.) I live two blocks from the..."

Don't worry, I have a coffee obsession too. Had 5 cups yesterday...do't judge me! I also prefer actual books over electronic versions too; the book smell cannot be beaten!

message 10: by Toria (new)

Toria Scawn Hey I'm Vicky!!!

1) I live in England, gotta love the 24/7 rain.
2) My favourite tea is Earl Grey (I must buy more I have run out!)
3) I am obsessed with books
4) I have moved house and only have space for one shelf for my books......... yeh I don't know how this is going to work either (Ikea hit me up)
5) I'm not enjoying the 6th book in the Shadowhunter series (I would like to know is this just me?)
6) I literally read wherever and whenever I can.

message 11: by Grace (new)

Grace | 7 comments Mod
Hiya Vicky! Yup, can't agree more about that wonderful... Wonderful continuous rainfall. I also like how everyone here so far has specified their favourite tea. I've never really enjoyed Earl Gray to be honest. I haven't read that series yet. Would you recommend despite the 6th? Badly written or just a bit boring?

message 12: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe | 20 comments Mod
Grace wrote: "Hiya Vicky! Yup, can't agree more about that wonderful... Wonderful continuous rainfall. I also like how everyone here so far has specified their favourite tea. I've never really enjoyed Earl Gray ..."

Are we discussing the Shadowhunter series? If we are, I am all in! The first one was trust an intro, I am currently reading the second. Loving it so far!

message 13: by Toria (new)

Toria Scawn Grace wrote: "Hiya Vicky! Yup, can't agree more about that wonderful... Wonderful continuous rainfall. I also like how everyone here so far has specified their favourite tea. I've never really enjoyed Earl Gray ..."

They are all amazing and are the first long series I have ever read and are just amazing but the sixth is just boring there is more of a plot around the character's love lives than another major aspect of the book (but no spoilers here) so that is my one concern. I think it's because it's just really slow and one of the characters is seriously messed up and in I think that Cassandra Claire could've done a lot better creating this character, he isn't a villain he is just a disgusting person/character and I kind of put me off of the book.

message 14: by Toria (new)

Toria Scawn Phoebe wrote: "Grace wrote: "Hiya Vicky! Yup, can't agree more about that wonderful... Wonderful continuous rainfall. I also like how everyone here so far has specified their favourite tea. I've never really enjo..."

Finish the whole series despite what I have said about the last book they are AMAZING and there are mixed opinions with the last one, maybe read it while having another book on at the same time to give you a break now and then XD

message 15: by Amber (new)

Amber | 1 comments Hi everyone I just joined the Group!
My name is Amber & im from Hershey, Pennsylvania.
1. I LOVE to read like most of you all. Mainly YA, romance, dystopian, fantasy..you get the point!
2. I just graduated from college
3. I have within the last year become a tea drinker
4. I work at a place called Chocolate World & when I'm not working there I work as a high ropes course/zip lining guide
5. I'm not quite sure what else to say..summer is here, YAY, and am excited for all the new books I'll be able to read while I tan by my pool!!

It's nice to meet you all! (:

message 16: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe | 20 comments Mod
Amber wrote: "Hi everyone I just joined the Group!
My name is Amber & im from Hershey, Pennsylvania.
1. I LOVE to read like most of you all. Mainly YA, romance, dystopian, fantasy..you get the point!
2. I just g...">

Yum, Chocolate World! What is your favourite tea? I said apple and cinnamon above, but I reckon that bog- standard English Breakfast tea in a massive mug will do the job!

message 17: by Jaz (new)

Jaz | 4 comments Hi everyone!!! I am new in this so well, here it goes.

1. My name is Jazmín, and I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina (yes, I speak Spanish <3).

2. I am obsessed with books :) I can't stop reading.

3. I love when it rains.

4. Even though I speak Spanish in my country, I really like English :)

5. I mostly read YA books, but I like to read whatever.

6. I don't like reading online so much. I prefer to read paper books.

7. I love food :)

8. I enjoy listening to music. A lot.

9. My favorite band is Twenty One Pilots.

10. I really like meeting new people, and having new friends!

11. I am still in high school.

12. I am 15 years old.

13. I don't like lending my books (though I am a person who shares mostly everything).

14. I love hugs.

15. And well, I am really excited to be in this group. I think it will give me a chance to meet people who share the same interests.

I hope we have a great time together!! I can't wait to talk with you all!!
Have a good day/night/afternoon/.

Jaz.

message 18: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe | 20 comments Mod
Jaz wrote: "Hi everyone!!! I am new in this so well, here it goes.

1. My name is Jazmín, and I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina (yes, I speak Spanish <3).

2. I am obsessed with books :) I can't stop reading.
..."

I LOVE RAIN TOOOOOOOOOO! YAY!

message 19: by Jaz (new)

Jaz | 4 comments Phoebe wrote: "Jaz wrote: "Hi everyone!!! I am new in this so well, here it goes.

2. I am obsessed with books :) I can't st..."

Hi!!

message 20: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe | 20 comments Mod
Jaz wrote: "Phoebe wrote: "Jaz wrote: "Hi everyone!!! I am new in this so well, here it goes.

2. I am obsessed with book..."

What is your ALL TIME FAVE book? Big decision, I know...