message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
Glennon grew up understanding the biblical definition of "woman" to be
"helper." When she questions this, she learns that the original Hebrew word for
"woman" has a different translation altogether (page 222). Discuss what
Glennon's discovery that "woman" was created "as a warrior" means to
you.

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments I haven't seen Wonder Woman, but that's what it makes me think of. We women are warriors! We can do anything we set our minds to!

message 3: by Carol (new)

To see how Glennon and her husband evolve to these different places in their lives, she comes to a place that she feels stronger and is able to do more things. To be able to be that "helper" is a wonderful thing, as we gain talents and abilities. Their marriage reflects the work they both have put into it.

message 4: by Cindy (last edited May 30, 2017 01:41PM) (new)

Cindy | 522 comments What's wrong with women "helping" their husbands? We help each other, right? I'd rather be thought of as a helper than as a warrior. And I'd certainly rather be married to a helper than to a warrior!

message 5: by Carol (new)

Cindy, excellent comment, and I agree completely.

message 6: by M.E. (new)

M.E. Hembroff (mhembroff) | 93 comments Women are helpers and teachers. We guide our children through life. I don't know if I would say that women were warriors though. I have seen the Wonder Woman. It was one of the shows we watched regularly when my youngest daughter was a teen. Girls and women can do anything they set their minds to as long as they aren't suppressed by a warrior type person. So in conclusion I would rather live with a helper than a warrior.

message 7: by Cindy (last edited May 31, 2017 05:58AM) (new)

Cindy | 522 comments M.E.'s comment made me think about why Glennon would be so excited to be a warrior. Maybe because she and her husband did have lots of battles to fight??? - Addictions, self-image problems, etc.

message 8: by Carol (new)

I really like M.E.'s comments. To see how it works in your own home, and what does and doesn't work. We were not Wonderwoman watchers. Never really grabbed us very much, or if they did, I didn't. Never felt that I was what could be called a wonderwoman. As Cindy mentions, when there are personal battles to conquer, I'd say pick your battles, as each can cause more problems than good.