Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

Love Warrior > 7. People respond in different ways to Glennon's News.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
People respond in varying ways to the news of Glennon's separation (pages 146–47). Were the descriptions of Shovers, Comparers, Fixers, Reporters, Victims, and God Reps familiar to you? Discuss a time when someone reacted to your pain. What felt supportive? What didn't?

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments I've never seen God reps, reporters, or victims in my case, but the rest were familiar to me. My sister is getting her master's degree in counseling, and she is usually the one I talk to with frustrations. She listens, asks clarifying questions, and tries to understand how I feel and validates my feelings, which is exactly what I need to feel better. She's so good at it, which I think is why she is going to be great in that field. And every once in a while, she'll give me a little verbal kick in the pants when I need to change my attitude with the situation I'm frustrated with. But she always listens and never judges, which is so nice.

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
Same answer as repeat question. This is good stuff and there are ways that we can use them to our benefit.