Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > Twin Peaks: The Return

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Myst (new)

Myst | 397 comments Has anyone started watching the new Twin Peaks?

Not sure I'm fully following along, and not sure who some of the people are, but we'll see how it goes.

I did catch up on the original series on netflix, but I think there was a movie somewhere too?

message 2: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10650 comments Mod
I don't have cable or anything so i'll have to wait for Netflix or hulu. but i'll be following here to see if it's worth while.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6725 comments I thought about trying it but then I ended up forgetting that it was on. I haven't watched its original run anyways.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 378 comments Yep. I've seen the first two episodes (shown together). It's great, exactly what I wanted from new Twin Peaks. Frost and Lynchare doing great.

The film is called Fire Walk With Me. It was made after series 2, but is a prequel. Definitely worth a watch if you're watching the new series.

message 5: by WendyB (new)

WendyB  | 2803 comments Mod
I watched Twin Peaks last week and loved it. Great to see so many of the old cast again.

message 6: by ~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (last edited May 28, 2017 06:58PM) (new)

~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (leilanilives2read) | 52 comments If you liked the closing song played at the Bang Bang Club, it's called Shadow by the Chromatics. It can be found on Spotify and YT, probably others, not Slacker yet :(. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGUbo... My new song addiction

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Richan | 9 comments I've read that knowledge of "Fire Walk With Me" (the movie) will be essential to understanding what's going on in "The Return."

So far, so good, through episode 5...tons of weird, fun, disturbing Lynch stuff! The SOUND of it is amazing, too...I find myself listening very intently to it, and often I'm holding my breath! Turns out Lynch did the sound design, as well...it shows!

message 8: by Myst (new)

Myst | 397 comments Well the movie is not on netflix...I looked.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 378 comments Michael wrote: "I've read that knowledge of "Fire Walk With Me" (the movie) will be essential to understanding what's going on in "The Return."

So far, so good, through episode 5...tons of weird, fun, disturbing ..."

Us too! We look forward to it every week, but we have to take a deep breath every time the "Dum dum......" starts. It's definitely one hell of a ride.

It's great to see the old cast, and it's nice to see fresh new faces. I have no idea where it's going to take us, but I'm just glad to be along for the ride.

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael Richan | 9 comments Jennifer wrote: "Michael wrote: "I've read that knowledge of "Fire Walk With Me" (the movie) will be essential to understanding what's going on in "The Return."

So far, so good, through episode 5...tons of weird, ..."

That's definitely what I'm enjoying most. It might all be red herrings (like most of Season Two) but the ride is fun because I have no idea where it's headed! :)

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 378 comments My heart almost exploded when I saw Doc Hayward! And after seeing Margaret the Log Lady. It shows how much respect and admiration the actors have for Lynch, coming back for a few scenes when they're so ill

We're still really enjoying this. Some of the Fire Walk with me stuff is coming back, and new things happening too.

Laura's diary stuff?! Wow!

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 378 comments So what did everyone think of the last episode, number 8?

It was gorgeous to look at and I think it almost both hypnotised me and made me puke at one point.

I have no idea what was going on, but small parts made a little bit of sense.

I think that episode will be the make or break for some new watchers of Twin Peaks. Twin Peaks has always been odd in it's own way but that episode was very Lost Highway or Mulholland Drive.

Although I couldn't watch many episodes like that (without combusting) it makes me really happy inside that someone like Lynch, who has an amazing mind is able to make TV like that. TV is mostly mundane, run of the mill stuff and that's really sad. Crazy TV like that episode gives me a bit of hope for the world, not everyone is plain and boring, there are creative people out there.

Sorry, went off on a rant there! Anyway, Twin Peaks? I enjoyed that one.

message 13: by Michael (new)

Michael Sellars | 130 comments Episode 8 was one of the most extraordinary things I've ever watched. Just incredible. I couldn't look away. The journey into (and through?) the heart of the Trinity explosion was pure art and The Woodsman ("Got a light?") is terrifying.

This episode has really stayed with me. Even now, a week later, my mind keeps returning to it.

Despite all the wonderful and very welcome weirdness, there's a coherent narrative emerging, and many things are coming into focus: BOB, Laura, Phillip Jeffries, the convenience store...

I predict this show will be smothered with accolades, come awards season.