Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

Love Warrior > 2. Lonely, can't seem to connect.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
2. For years in her marriage, Glennon feels lonely because it seems she and Craig cannot meaningfully connect. She says, "He wants to be inside my body like I want to be inside his mind" (page 99). Why do you think men and women often have different understandings of intimacy?

message 2: by Carol (last edited May 27, 2017 07:13PM) (new)

Carol (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
From reading this book, my own experiences, and experiences of friends, we all have different perspectives of this concept. Some marriages don't have intimacy or very little, some are very healthy in this area. As I was reading and pondering this concept, personal backgrounds I think play an important part in this area. I think that homes that have parents that have healthy relationships, teach their children that intimacy is a good and healthy thing to have in a relationship. Some don't have it and it's like living with a room mate more than a spouse. I've seen the spectrum in my lifetime and the later are very hard and there is joy when relationship are fun and they have joy as couples.

Good Answer Chelsea!!!

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments Men and women were created differently because we have different strengths and weaknesses. But by working together, we create something wonderful. Men usually drive the physical relationship and women develop the emotional relationship. There's a reason women talk so much and men usually initiate the kissing on dates. Together men and women build the relationship on multiple intimate levels in different ways.

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam | 218 comments Love what you said Chelsea, totally agree. And Carol too, I think our parents set a strong example of intimacy.

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 522 comments This is a good definition of one of the major differences between men and women. If we recognize that this is true, it can help us be more accepting and less combative when we aren't communicating on the same level. The question here is "why" are men and women different? Uh - because we are?? You'll drive yourself insane trying to figure out why men and women see things differently!

message 6: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments The book Men are From Mars and Women are From Venus was a huge eye opener for me about this.