The Greatest Show Discussion > The Pyramid at the End of the World

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori S. (new)

Lori S. (fuzzipueo) | 581 comments Mod
Just putting this here for now...

message 2: by Lori S. (new)

Ehhhh. Though I watched this story, I can't say it made much of an impact.

message 3: by Janelle (new)

Janelle (janelle5) | 43 comments I liked it. I'm curious about what's coming next.

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 178 comments The Monks sort of annoy me. The also creep me out big time. Mummy Monks. When it was said that they have been around since before man they reminded me of the Silence.

message 5: by Janelle (new)

Janelle (janelle5) | 43 comments Yeah, they made me think of the silence too

message 6: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 1169 comments Well, that was equal parts really clever and incredibly stupid.
When they just let Capaldi go and be the Doctor, he's great.

The being blind thing was every bit as annoying as I'd expected.

I get the domino effect they were going for, but it was so clumsily done that it irritated rather then intrigued me.
Those scientists were so bad at their jobs they could have been on the Torchwood payroll.

The bad guys have cool gadgets, but in general the design of them as zombie monks just seems kind of lazy and bland.

Again, if the third part is amazing, I will forgive a lot, but it's moffet and his win/lose record is worrying.

message 7: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 1169 comments Oh, is it just me or does anyone else think that this episode would have been better without Extremis?

Why did we need it?
Besides for the Doctor/Pope team up?

message 8: by Lori S. (new)

Travis wrote: "Oh, is it just me or does anyone else think that this episode would have been better without Extremis?

Why did we need it?
Besides for the Doctor/Pope team up?"

Not just you. I found Extremis rather inexplicable and really, it didn't add anything, unless the point was to foreshadow the mind games of Pyramid?