What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Two boys walking to school when an ambulance drives past. One boy runs after the ambulance and disappears. Story follows the perspective of boy who is not missing.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lily (new)

Lily | 1 comments Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me find this book. All I remember is:

Two boys were walking to school when an ambulance drives past. One of them (possibly called Joe?) decides to run after it and disappears.
It then follows his friend's perspective as everyone is looking for him

His t shirt is later found on a beach with a rock on top of it but it turns out that it was just a distraction made by the kidnapper
The kidnapper believes the policemen is her son.

If anyone could help me I would be very grateful!
Thanks

message 2: by Leslie (last edited May 26, 2017 10:08AM) (new)

Leslie Smith-Lagan | 20 comments Could it be The Lost by Alex Shearer? The Lost by Alex Shearer

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
Leslie, if you put a little bit of info into your thread title you'll get more people checking it out. Even if all it is is the genre (and is this a mystery, thriller, horror or suspense?) A lot of our members only check out the threads that are in their chosen reading preferences, and don't even bother to look at the ones that are a variation on I don't remember the title of this book since every book in this particular folder is one where people don't remember the title.

Ok, lecture out of the way. Time for a few questions:

1) when did you read this?
2) what format did you read it in? Dead tree, ebook, audio?
3) what time period is it set in--I'm assuming since there was an ambulance that it's post 1940's, but when in that time period?
4) What age group is this book aimed at--children's chapter, YA, NA, Adult (where adult refers to the age group, not to content being NC-17 and higher)?
5) how did you find it--cover caught your eye, it was recommended by a friend, it was on the Our Staff Recommends shelf, a review caught your eye?
any memories of the cover?
6) where did you find it--bookshop, library, grocers, big box store?

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
And I forgot to mention--spoilers in your post are permitted, as long as you mention that there are spoilers coming or you use the spoiler html tags. To see how to do that, (view spoiler) Just no spoilers in the title of the thread.

message 5: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Smith-Lagan | 20 comments Ann, thank you for the advice. But, this isn't my thread. I just responded to this because I though that I found the book that Lily was looking for. ^_^

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32271 comments Mod
Added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to edit (no all caps, please).

message 7: by There (new)

There | 121 comments Long shot , ' mystic river' by dennis lehane

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32271 comments Mod
Mystic River by Dennis Lehane - There's suggestion

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
Lily, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15772 comments It's 100% Leslie's suggestion, The Lost.