Support for Indie Authors discussion

SIA Investigate > Books Machine

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen Woods (maryellen_woods) | 48 comments I'm running a free promo on my book this weekend and got an e mail from these people. I looked at their review policy and it seems like it might violate amazon review policy. Anyone know anything about them?

message 2: by Ember-Raine (new)

Ember-Raine Winters (ember-raine_winters) | 99 comments I keep getting emails from them too. I am of the mindset that a promo company won't contact you to promote your book unless it's a scam of some kind. But, that's just me. Most reputable companies have so much business already they aren't going to contact authors about their services.

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) That's what I saw as well. And I believe they are a subscription, so not really a site for promoting a free or discounted book. As for sites offering reviews: if they are asking money for a review, it cannot be posted as a customer review. You can pay for an editorial review, but it can only be posted as such. Any site offering customer reviews, whether the say they are compliant or not, is not compliant with Amazon's terms of service and worse, are in violation of the FTC regulations for transparency in customer testimonials.

message 4: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen Woods (maryellen_woods) | 48 comments Thanks, that was my gut feeling as well.

message 5: by G.G. (last edited May 27, 2017 06:35AM) (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments Ray wrote: "a. Bookwhack..."

Comment deleted. This is not the place to advertise promo.