Christian Fiction Fans discussion

Book Recommendations > Novel wins Best Mystery/Suspense at the Selah Awards

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Thompson (goodreadscommichaelshepkingcom) | 6 comments Hope I'm in the right discussion group. Two nights ago at the Selah awards (Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writer's Conference), fifteen Selahs were awarded. The Rector--A Christian Murder Mystery won Best Mystery/Suspense novel for 2016-17. Naturally, I'm pretty excited, as my sequel is already out!
http://www.michaelthompsonauthor.com
#Selah #BRMCWC

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Collett | 5 comments Congratulations! What was the conference like? Do you consider it worthwhile?

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Thompson (goodreadscommichaelshepkingcom) | 6 comments I was not at this year's #BRMCWC. However, I just returned from #FantasticFictionRetreat with Brandilyn Collins. In her home. Only 14 of us. A day and a half of learning how to improve characterization. She's a gifted teacher. This was her first retreat like this. She'll do more. Suggest you sign up for her newsletter and jump on the opportunity to be part of her next one.

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Collett | 5 comments Thanks for the tip. I'll look for her newsletter.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Thompson (goodreadscommichaelshepkingcom) | 6 comments I should have added that "yes, the #BRMCWC is a worthwhile conference for all levels of writers to attend. I will return next year, Lord willing."

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Collett | 5 comments Excellent.