Challenge Corner discussion

Archives > Team Garden - Chat!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 432 (432 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Jun 04, 2017 11:35AM) (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments The members of the team are as follows:
Megan✓
Courtney✓
Salha✓
Melany✓
Delitealex✓
Vanessa✓
Could all of the members of the team please check in before June 1 to confirm they're still participating.

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Note: your categories have been posted in your review thread so you can start planning.

message 3: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Checking in

message 4: by Delitealex (last edited Jun 28, 2017 08:39PM) (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Categories:
✔8) The Venue: Read a book with a church or castle on the cover
(view spoiler)

✔28) The Invitations: Read a book recommended to you
(view spoiler)

✔25) The Cake: Read a book with some kind of food in the title
(view spoiler)

✔28. The vows: Read a book that features a wedding
(view spoiler)

✔17) Guest List: Read a book by an author you haven't read before
(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

✔3) Anniversary: A book first published in June (of any year)
(view spoiler)

✔ 27. The ring bearer: Read a book with jewelry on the cover
(view spoiler)

✔22) Mother of the Groom/Father of the Bride: Read a book revolving around the relationship between a parent and their child
(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Passed 23) The Photographer: Read a book involving photography
Passed 21) Wedding Planner: Read a book with a card or letter on the cover

✔20) Maid of Honor: Read a book by a female author
(view spoiler)

✔2) Plus-One: Read a book of your choice.
(view spoiler)

✔24) The Honeymoon: Read a book involving travel
(view spoiler)

✔14) The Gifts: Read a book you were given
(view spoiler)

Passed 28. The vows: Read a book that features a wedding

30. The Toast: Read a book with a drink/glass/bottle on the cover
A Delitealex-Rusty Nail
✔B Salha
✔C megan-Nickels

✔19) Best Man: Read a book by a male author
(view spoiler)

✔7)Something Old: Read a book that is at least 100 years old.
(view spoiler)

22) Mother of the Groom/Father of the Bride: Read a book revolving around the relationship between a parent and their child
✔A Trisha-Real
✔B Trisha-
C

✔14) The Gifts: Read a book you were given
(view spoiler)

12) Bride and Groom: Read a book with a couple on the cover
A
B
C

Passed 30. The Toast: Read a book with a drink/glass/bottle on the cover

19) Best Man: Read a book by a male author
A
B
C

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Thanks Delitealex☺️

message 6: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Checking in

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Thanks Melany☺️

message 8: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Judy (courtneyjudy) Checkin in!

message 9: by Melany (last edited May 27, 2017 01:10AM) (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments So do you guys have any books that can fit one of the first four categories? I'm pretty sure I have one for the vows and the venue. Also, I think I have one for the Invitations, but not sure how we prove it was a recommendation.

message 10: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments There really isn't a way to prove a recommendation, so we're taking your word for it. :)

message 11: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Thanks Courtney☺️

message 12: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Ok thank you for clearing that up!

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

message 14: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments So far only found Soft Taco Murder (Mexican Cafe Mystery #6) by Holly Plum for food in the title The Cake

message 15: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments There are quite a few mystery books that have food in the title.

message 16: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments I've got one I could read for it Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (The Dowser #1) by Meghan Ciana Doidge .

I have one for each of these categories
The Venue: The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison
The Invitations: Birth of a Killer (The Saga of Larten Crepsley, #1) by Darren Shan my brother told me to read it, this could also be used as The gift becasue he gave to me
The Cake: Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (The Dowser #1) by Meghan Ciana Doidge
The vows: Lords of the North (The Saxon Stories, #3) by Bernard Cornwell Pretty sure it has a wedding in it but not 100% sure so might not be best for me to do this one

I have at least one book for most category (not that I'll read them all) The one I know I don't have a book for are:
13) Horse and Carriage: Read a book with a horse on the cover
21) Wedding Planner: Read a book with a card or letter on the cover
23) The Photographer: Read a book involving photography
30) The Toast: Read a book with a drink/glass/bottle on the cover

Ones I'm not sure I have one for:
22) Mother of the Groom/Father of the Bride: Read a book revolving around the relationship between a parent and their child
24) The Honeymoon: Read a book involving travel
29) Seating: Read a book with family conflict

How about you guys?

message 17: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments I a few for horse and carriage the toast the photographer.

message 18: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Awesome, do you have any for the first 4 we were given and which one do you want to read first?

message 19: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Probably the cake-food in the title

message 20: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Ok thats great

message 21: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments I also found one that fits for invitations

message 22: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Cool! Hopefully, we can get that everyone only has to read one category at a time. So which one do you want to read more?

message 23: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Rough Magick (GnomeSaga #1) by Kenny Soward for invitations I've been wanting to read it for a while.

message 24: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments What category would you prefer to read for Melany

message 25: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Not really sure maybe the Venue or the cake because I'm not 100% sure if the book I picked for the vow has a wedding in it

message 26: by Salha (new)

Salha (salhavam) | 557 comments Hello!

Checking in :)

message 27: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Thanks Salha☺️

message 28: by Salha (new)

Salha (salhavam) | 557 comments Could The Grapes of Wrath be used for "The Cake" category?

message 29: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yes, that would count. :)

message 30: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Definitely. :)

message 31: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Judy (courtneyjudy) Hey Team! Sorry I've been a little MIA with the discussion. Let me know what category I've gotta cover and I'll get it done. :-)

message 32: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments No worries Courtney. :)

message 33: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Hi do you have a boom for all four of the categories? And I think Delitealex is going to do the cake.

message 34: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Judy (courtneyjudy) I've definitely got access to books in all four categories, I work in a book store :-)

message 35: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 652 comments Hi team, checking in! :) I'll see what I have and post them either tonight or tomorrow. :)

message 36: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Thanks Megan☺️

message 37: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments I can read for invitations if someone is already planning on reading something to fit the cake category

message 38: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments OK so we'll wait for Megan to see which one she has because I can do any of the four too though I'm not sure about my pick about for the vow

message 39: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Each category has to be done 3 times so Salha and 2 others can do cake anyone have books lined up to read that fit the categories.

message 40: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 652 comments I have options for all four, but these are the ones I will probably most want to read first:

The Vows - The Runaway Bride by Patricia Johns or Winter Wedding Bells by Kristin Rolofson
The Venue - Circle of Time by Debra Shiveley Welch

message 41: by Melany (last edited May 31, 2017 03:33PM) (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Awesome could you do the vow?
Then Salha could do The Cake
Delitealex could do the invitation
And I could do The Venue?
And Courtney can do a second book for any of the four categories we were given to start off or one of the other categories so we can get ahead, and instead of posting in the review section post it here so we can move it over when we need it? How does that sound?
If you guys want to do anything differently just say so. This is just a suggestion :)

message 42: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Judy (courtneyjudy) Sounds super organized, love it.

message 43: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments Lol thanks! Are you OK with how I set it up? Do you have an idea of what category you're going to read for?

message 44: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments Melany wrote: "Lol thanks! Are you OK with how I set it up? Do you have an idea of what category you're going to read for?"

Im not sure i get what you mean.

message 45: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments About what? About Courtney reading another category?

message 46: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments We have to have 3 people read each of the 4 categories right? I'm just making sure i haven't participated in one of these challenges in a while.

message 47: by Melany (last edited May 31, 2017 04:45PM) (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments But we have 5 members that all checked so if everyone reads for one category one person will have nothing to read for. So the fifth person can do one of 3 things

1. The could wait until one of us finished our challenge and then do the next one assigned to us,

2. they can do one of the challenges given to us so that we have an extra when it repeated

3. They can read a book for a future category or preferable a book that can fits for several future categories so everyone is reading and maybe we can get ahead.

But that just the way I think we should do it, we can do it a different way.

message 48: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 839 comments This will probably change as the month goes on everyone has different schedules

message 49: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 336 comments No one would be left out because we have to have 3 separate books read per category to get the next category.

message 50: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Judy (courtneyjudy) I've got The Lost Tudor Princess The Life of Lady Margaret Douglas by Alison Weir for The Venue category.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9