Challenge Corner discussion

Archives > Team Church - Chat!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 343 (343 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Jun 04, 2017 11:12AM) (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments The members of the team are as follows:
Haley✓
Laura✓
Story_Girl✓
RainySun✓
Bunnita✓
Annabelle✓
Could all of the members of the team please check in before June 1 to confirm they're still participating.

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Note: your categories have been posted in your review thread so you can start planning.

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Just checking in!

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Thanks Laura☺️

message 5: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Thanks, Laura!

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Ahahaha it happened again!😂😂

message 7: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Haha, it did!

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments 7) Something Old: Read a book that is at least 100 years old.
9) The Dress: Read a book with a dress on the cover The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2) by Marie Rutkoski
12) Bride and Groom: Read a book with a couple on the cover The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2) by Jodi Meadows
15) First song: Read a book featuring a band/musician or with a musical instrument/note on the cover Wayfarer (Passenger, #2) by Alexandra Bracken

message 9: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments Hi :)

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Thanks RainySun☺

message 11: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments The dress: The Selection by Kiera cass
First song: Passenger or This Savage Song

Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (bunnita) | 328 comments I don't read classics :(

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Thanks Bunnita☺️

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Adding Annabelle to your team☺️

message 15: by Haley (new)

Haley (haleymadd) | 371 comments Hello I'm checking in!

message 16: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Thanks Haley☺️

message 17: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 444 comments Hi! I would like to check in :)

Quick question though....for book that is 100 years old, do we have to read a book that has a publication date at least 100 years ago, or can the book be written about a time period that is at least 100 years ago? Like a historical fiction/romance novel

message 18: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 444 comments Read a book with a dress on the cover: Cold hearted rake by Lisa Kleypas

Read a book with a couple on the cover: Counterbalance by Kelly Moran

message 19: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments The 100 years ago one needs to be the publication date. :)

message 20: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 444 comments Thanks C.P.!

message 21: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments Can A Court of Thorns and Roses count for the dress?

message 22: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Yes, that's fine. It looks like that's a dress, so it will work. :)

message 23: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments Thanks C.P! ☺

message 24: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 444 comments Hey RainySun... if you want to read A Court of Thorns and Roses, I would like to do a buddy read...if you are interested :) A buddy read will give us extra points I guess

Also if anyone else is interested in any buddy reads for this challenge do let me know

message 25: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments Hi Story_girl! yes I would love to buddy read it!

Also we should probably plan out as a group what books and categories each can read

message 26: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments When you guys have decided on a date, let me know so that I can create your thread.

message 27: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments I think I plan on starting it in a day or two but what day would you like to start Story_girl?

message 28: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 444 comments RainySun...I can start earliest on 4th June... but I can read (relatively) fast and finish by 5th

message 29: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 444 comments Has anyone decided on any book to read for "book atleast 100 years old"?

message 30: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 444 comments So who is starting with what book?

message 31: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments Story_girl... ok we start on the 4th :)

I only have books for the dress and first song

message 32: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 444 comments Great! I'm starting with Riding Red by Alexa Riley...for book with a couple on the cover

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments If I understood correctly the rules, each category must be completed 3 times, is that right?

I'll be starting with A Bond Of Blood and Fire. I've got an ARC to read and review. That's under a book with a couple on the cover.

Will we be able to read 3 classics or should we use our first pass?

message 34: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments I'll be starting with passengers for first song

ACOTAR for the dress.... I can also read the 2nd book for this category or I could read the winners curse

For first song I can also read This Savage Song

message 35: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments Yes that's right, each 3 times

I feel like we might have to pass it

message 36: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 444 comments Yes Laura, 3 times

Shouldn't​ we wait for the others to check in with their books, before deciding to pass?

Also will Anne of green gables by L.M. Montgomery count under classic? It was originally published in 1908 according to Wikipedia. Sorry I don't have access to a computer now or I would have added the link here

message 37: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Anne of Green Gables should count. All of those I believe were published over 100 years ago.

message 38: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 444 comments Thanks C.P. Maybe the entire series isn't 100 years old, but the books in the beginning are

Will audiobooks for the classics count? Some of the language can be quite tedious to read

message 39: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Yes. Audiobooks will count for anything, since it's just a different form of reading. :)

message 40: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments And the first three Anne books would count for that category. :)

message 41: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments **Remember that three books must be read in order for a category to be considered complete.**

message 42: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments Can Heir of Fire count for the dress?

message 43: by RainySun (last edited Jun 13, 2017 06:26PM) (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 875 comments Something Old:
1.Anne of Green Gables
2.Anne of Green Gables
✅.The Railway Children

The Vow:

2 books needed for plus one

Maid of honor:

First song:
1. Passenger
2. Wayferer ×2
3. This Savage song

Passes: 0/4

message 44: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 444 comments Thanks for the clarification C.P.

@RainySun..... that's a really neat tracker ;)

Can someone please help us to start a thread for the buddy read?

message 45: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 444 comments Laura can I read the third book for "couple on the cover" category? That is if you are willing to read "first song" category. I can't seem to find any books on music interesting :(

message 46: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments When are you guys planning on starting the book?

message 47: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 444 comments @Jackie....4th June, buddy read of A Court of Thorns and Roses with RainySun

message 48: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Heir of Fire is fine for The Dress as it appears she is wearing a dress under her armor.

message 49: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Here is the link for the Court of Thorns and Roses buddy, sorry for the delay. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 50: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments ****#23 has been altered, you may now use books that have a photograph on the cover (this would include Polaroids, framed pictures, etc) or a book that involves photography.****

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7