SciFi/Fantasy (Or Whatever Else) Book Club discussion

June 2017 > Beginning Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethall) | 98 comments Mod
Please post your initial thoughts about the book here.

message 2: by Beth (new)

I have actually started this book a bit early. It was available at the library where I get my books so I snagged it. I think I am going to love it! This guy is also a fantasy artist who specializes in dragons. I have seen them before and he is fantastic! Check him out if you get a chance. It looks as though there are illustrations in this book as well.

message 3: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 9 comments I hope it isn't cheating but I listen to audiobooks a lot so I can get to more on my reading list. Anyway I bought the audiobook for this and had to return it because the narrator's voices annoyed me so much! That has never happened to me before! I have the paperback now and it's WAY better for me. I think I'll like this one.

message 4: by Beth (new)

Audiobooks are definitely NOT cheating! I agree that the narrators voice can make or break them though. I am happy you are enjoying the book. I am too! It got really adventurous very quickly. I like how it is straight forward and easy to follow..which sometimes isn't the case with fantasy books!! I like Maia and (of course) the DRAGONS! The illustrations are beautiful, but I have the Kindle so I am sure they are better in the actual book. Are they in color in your book?

message 5: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 9 comments My illustrations are black and white too. It's nice, I haven't read a fiction book with pictures in awhile.

message 6: by Beth (new)

Me neither! I have a love of fantasy art even though some of it is extremely dorky. I can be found looking for prints at the Renaissance Festival! I remember being little and coloring pictures of unicorns and fairies and these illustrations really take me back. I am flying through this book. It isn't the best fantasy I've ever read, but it definitely is keeping me interested in what happens next. I don't like sad baby dragons though! I keep having to remind myself that dragons are not actually real so it is ok!