What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Waggit's Tale
This topic is about Waggit's Tale
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Middle grade/children's chapter book about a white dog. [s]

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah (limit722) | 27 comments I'm looking for a book I may have read in middle school. There was a picture of a white dog on the cover. The name of the book was the dog's name. I don't remember much about the plot/story, but I remember that the dog was male, he was part of a pack, and they could talk to each other, and there were very few, if any human characters. I do remember one scene where the dogs looked at a poster of some sort of "great dog" or something along those lines, and like asked him to give them strength or something? I think the dogs would fight other packs or something maybe? I also seem to recall either the name of the book, or the author's last name (I checked it out at the library) possibly starting with the letter W. It was also published before the year 2012, maybe even before 2010. I hope that's enough info for someone to identify it.

(I posted this as a request on goodreads, but now here's what I've remembered since then.)
I seem to recall that this main dog was a part of a pack of strays, but it seems like he maybe got separated from his owner. I think that the pack assumed he was a stray, and kind of took him under their wings (figure of speech, they didn't actually have wings 😜). I'll post again if I remember anything else. Thanks!

message 2: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah (limit722) | 27 comments Oh, also, someone suggested White Fang, but that's not it.

message 3: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah (limit722) | 27 comments I just remembered that I think the color blue was on the cover. Also, the copy I had was hardcover I think?

message 4: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1206 comments Just a guess: Waggit's Tale by Peter Howe

message 5: by Kokomomomo (new)

Kokomomomo | 62 comments Bit of a long shot, but could it be Dogsbody? Cover: Dogsbody by Diana Wynne Jones

message 6: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah (limit722) | 27 comments Waggit's Tale looks familiar, and the description looks familiar, but I won't know for sure until I check it out at my library. I'll let you know for sure in a week or two.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33331 comments Mod
Leah ~ą ცųɬɬɛγʄιყ ɱųʂɬ ʄιყ ʄγɛɛ!~ wrote: "Waggit's Tale looks familiar, and the description looks familiar, but I won't know for sure until I check it out at my library. I'll let you know for sure in a week or two."

Google has a short preview - https://books.google.com/books?id=QOp...

message 8: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah (limit722) | 27 comments Thanks, but that preview wasn't enough for me to tell. ☺

message 9: by bookel (last edited May 26, 2017 01:56PM) (new)

bookel | 2112 comments There's several books.
http://www.librarything.com/author/ho...
Waggit's Tale
Waggit Again
Waggit Forever

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-re...

message 10: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1206 comments bookel wrote: "Waggit's Tale plot from openlibrary.
Abandoned . . . again! Waggit misses the team of dogs who live in Central Park — his real family. He should have listened to them and never trusted the human. N..."

This is actually the description from the second book in the series: Waggit Again

message 11: by Krista (new)

Krista | 148 comments Possibly The Good Dog?

message 12: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah (limit722) | 27 comments I don't think that's it, but thanks anyway. ☺

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate (katespofford) | 248 comments I wonder if it might be a book from the Survivors series by Erin Hunter?
https://www.goodreads.com/series/1035...

Or maybe something by Jim Kjelgaard?

message 14: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah (limit722) | 27 comments I got it in at my library, but I haven't read it yet. I'll read it soon. (Waggit's Tale)

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Leah, let us know so that we can either shelve this as Solved, or keep looking. Also, you can bump your thread every month or so to keep this thread toward the top of the Unsolved folder. More people will see it, and someone will recognize it.

message 16: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah (limit722) | 27 comments Hi. Sorry. I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet, so I don't have an answer yet, but I'm thinking that it's probably the book I've been looking for.

message 17: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah (limit722) | 27 comments I read the first little bit of the book. Haven't finished it yet, but I would say that I think this is it. It can be moved to whatever folder you guys put it in now. Thanks!

message 18: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1206 comments I'm glad this was your book. :-)