The Rizkaland Legends discussion

Ear of the People (The Rizkaland Legends, #1.5)
This topic is about Ear of the People
Books > Ear of the People

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kendra, The Author Person (new) - added it

Kendra Ardnek | 650 comments Mod
Hey, all, I'm doing a bit of an experiment and writing a book publically. I wrote the first couple hundred words live during Indie e-Con and had so much fun, I think I'll just keep it up.

Document here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D...

This is the direct sequel to Water Princess, Fire Prince, set seven years into their reign, and is about everyone's favorite Jasmine and Karlos.

I'll post in this thread every time I finish a chapter, so this is the place you want to go if you don't want to babysit the document yourself.

Oh, and I do take suggestions, comments, and questions. I really have little idea quite where I'm going with this story, and even all of the ships are in the air. So, if you give me a suggestion that I use, I will mention you in the acknowledgments when the book is actually published.

message 2: by C.B. (new) - added it

C.B. Cook (cbcook) | 165 comments I'm really excited about this, and I think it's a great idea! I'm going to do my best to keep up with it. :)

message 3: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa C.B. wrote: "I'm really excited about this, and I think it's a great idea! I'm going to do my best to keep up with it. :)"

Same!!

message 4: by Kendra, The Author Person (new) - added it

So, any thoughts on what I already have written?

message 5: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Jasmine has mellowed out a lot. ;)

message 6: by Kendra, The Author Person (new) - added it

Well, responsibility will do that to a person.

message 7: by Karis (new)

Karis I'm so thrilled that you're doing this, Kendra! I just went and read what you written so far, and I'm really looking forward to read more as you write!

message 8: by Hann (new)

Hann Remraf (hann_remraf) | 1 comments This is so awesome, Kendra! I've been wanting to know what happens with Jasmine and Karlos ;)

message 9: by Karis (new)

Karis I just went back and was looking through Lady Dragon, Tela Du when I saw that the Ear of the People was one of the legends that you had included in the back. It made me even more eager to read more of this newest book that you're working on, Kendra.

message 10: by Kendra, The Author Person (new) - added it

Yes, indeed, it was. So this book is also better outlined than my stories usually are. And since I have this outline published, I'm going to have to follow it. I can't abandon it like I did with Do You Take this Quest?

But I have left a lot of things ambiguous in that outline, so that'll be fun. Oh, fun fact - in LDTD, Karyn was the current People's Ear.

message 11: by Karis (new)

Karis Oh, really! That's neat.

And, yes, you did leave yourself lots of room to work with. *grins* I'm super curious to see it all play out.

message 12: by Kendra, The Author Person (new) - added it

*People's Voice.

I didn't even state that Jasmine and Karlos actually ended up together, so ... yeah, I have lot of room to work with.

message 13: by Karis (new)

Karis Yes, you didn't. But it's safe to assume, right, Kendra? :P

message 14: by Kendra, The Author Person (new) - added it

No, it's not safe to assume. ;)

message 15: by Karis (new)

Karis *glowers* Authors are horrible :P

message 16: by Kendra, The Author Person (new) - added it

If it was safe to assume, I would have stated it in my outline.

message 17: by Karis (new)

Karis Yes, I suppose you would have. Anyway, either way, I am truly looking forward to reading Ear of the People!

message 18: by Brie (new) - added it

Brie Donning (briedonning) | 216 comments Kendra wrote: "If it was safe to assume, I would have stated it in my outline."
It's never safe to assume. But we like doing dangerous things.

message 19: by Brie (new) - added it

Brie Donning (briedonning) | 216 comments Though honestly I have a perverse liking for stories where people don't end up together. Just because two people could be cute together doesn't mean they're meant to be. It's unrealistic.

message 20: by Kendra, The Author Person (new) - added it

Indeed. And there's a small part of me that's wanting to ship Karlos with Wynn.

message 21: by C.B. (new) - added it

C.B. Cook (cbcook) | 165 comments I like it so far! Jasmine is already pretty relatable for me.

Also, on the shipping, I'm not sure I'd ship Karlos with Wynn. Flirts don't seem to go well together, but that's just my experience. :P Then again, I'm not a diehard Karlos/Jasmine shipper either... so who knows.

message 22: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa I don't really ship Wynn and Karlos, I just thought that it had
been said that Jasmine and Karlos were a thing ... maybe it was just the fangirls. I never loved Jasmine, but adored Karlos, so I never shipped them.

message 23: by Kendra, The Author Person (new) - added it

Just because Jasmine called Wynn a flirt doesn't mean that she isn't actually one. I think that was a bit of jealousy speaking there.

message 24: by Kendra, The Author Person (new) - added it

I hate writer's block.

message 25: by Karis (new)

Karis Kendra wrote: "I hate writer's block."

I take it you're experiencing it right now? :P

message 26: by Kendra, The Author Person (new) - added it

I can't figure out where to go next with this scene.

message 27: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Katelyn (mk4life) | 7 comments Do you plan to continue? Looking at it now, it seems you haven't gotten too far because of writer's block. Thanks!

message 28: by Kendra, The Author Person (new) - added it

I do plan to continue, but, yes, writer's block has me in its throes. I know where the story is going, but not immediately. *sigh*

message 29: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Katelyn (mk4life) | 7 comments Ah, yes, that I very much understand. Sometimes the very current scene(s) are always the hardest to write. Possibly you could do something where the Water Princess tells Jasmine to have some time off because she can see that she is 'down' (?) and Jasmine goes to visit her sister? Something to get it moving again, it can be small, just a gentle push for the story.

message 30: by Kendra, The Author Person (new) - added it

I actually have a scene in a notebook where I'm poking at the tension between the Water Princess and Fire Prince ... but that's in a notebook.

message 31: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Katelyn (mk4life) | 7 comments Ohh, that's a good idea! Ah yes xD Add some more tension and drama between, because no one is perfect. It's a hate-love relationship when you write in a notebook, especially when you have more than one and they all get lost and mixed up.

As you once said, just write. Write. Try to do something that gives you inspiration and gets you into a writing mood and just start writing. May not be your best, but it gets you somewhere and you can always go back and fix it.

message 32: by Kendra, The Author Person (new) - added it

Heheh. I hear you. I've also been terribly distracted with some of my other projects lately. Trying to get the companion/prequel/ishness The Worth of a King edited and ready for publication in August, along with Indie e-Con last week, and a few other things. So I haven't been *not* writing ... just not on *this* project.

I've also been suffering some pretty nasty writer's block on book 3 of the series.

message 33: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Katelyn (mk4life) | 7 comments Ah, I understand. The books i've been co-writing are also suppose to be written alot more than they are currently, but i've been doing alot of procrastination, school, and reading instead. Eheh.

Don't worry too much about, we all understand well. You've been doing really well, trust me, be proud. Working on 5 (random number haha) books at the same time takes alot of thoughts and ideas. I know the feeling, as I am working on 5 books currently, it can definitely be hard, but it always works out in the end.

Well, writer's block likes to spread all over. It's contagious between books and sometimes people also.

(Also, I can't wait to read The Worth of a King!)