Manga & Anime Lovers discussion

Anime Dubs

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gavin (last edited May 26, 2017 05:03AM) (new)

Gavin Abdollahi  (gavthereader) | 41 comments Good:
Death Note
Attack On Titan
Tokyo Ghoul
My Hero Academia
Slam Dunk
Naruto

Ok:
Samurai X
One Piece
Another

Bad:

message 2: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Abdollahi  (gavthereader) | 41 comments I'd say Death Note, Attack On Titan, Slam Dunk, Tokyo Ghoul and My Hero Academia are good, One Piece and Another are ok, and... Can't really think of any bad ones that I've watched.
Anyone else have any?

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 98 comments Bad:
Steins;Gate
Girls und Panzer

Good:
Fullmetal Alchemist
Persona 4: The Animation

Okay:
Free
Yuri on Ice (there's effort, at least)

message 4: by Callum (new)

Callum | 9 comments I will admit for myself I can only watch dubs so I can't really sat any really but I just joined now so I hope we'll all have fun together ^^

(and I will admit I already said it in the intro spot sorry for going off topic and bringing it up)

message 5: by Tal (new)

Tal Heyman | 26 comments A good dub is Fairy Tail.
All the other ones just sound so unnatural

message 6: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Abdollahi  (gavthereader) | 41 comments Cate (The Professional Fangirl) wrote: "Bad:
Steins;Gate
Girls und Panzer

Good:
Fullmetal Alchemist
Persona 4:

Okay:
Free
Yuri on Ice (there's effort, at least)"

Steins;Gate? Bad? Those words don't go together!!!
I've never watched the subbed version... Then again, I might not be able to, since I finished it with the dub, and am already used to their voices. But, Japanese voice actors are honestly better almost every time (except with My Hero Academia, Midoriya's voice just didn't suit him as much).

message 7: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Abdollahi  (gavthereader) | 41 comments TH wrote: "A good dub is Fairy Tail.
All the other ones just sound so unnatural"

Maybe I'll try the dub next time I pick it up...

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 98 comments I played and watched Steins;Gate in Japanese. When I saw that there was a sub, I got so excited because that meant I get to experience the world again. But... heck no.

The Engrish and some jokes didn't work as well as they did in actual English. Mamoru Miyano is HILARIOUS as Okabe.

It's not to say that I don't like English VA. I love them and their work too. I love J Michael Tatum in Spice and Wolf. It's just that in this, I 1000% prefer the sub.

Another dub version that I have a love/hate relationship with: Black Butler.

message 9: by Tal (new)

Tal Heyman | 26 comments Gavin wrote: "TH wrote: "A good dub is Fairy Tail.

Maybe I'll try the dub next time I pick it up..."

Another one that was good was K Project.
For anime, I usually just watch with the sub because it's so much better but I was writing down notes for school so I couldn't pay attention to the screen; I ended up watching dub and it was actually pretty good. I feel like the emotion in the last episode hit me more because I could understand what they were saying and by the time I finished my notes I was just used to the dub

message 10: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Abdollahi  (gavthereader) | 41 comments Cate (The Professional Fangirl) wrote: "I played and watched Steins;Gate in Japanese. When I saw that there was a sub, I got so excited because that meant I get to experience the world again. But... heck no.

The Engrish and some jokes d..."

Not really relegated to the topic, but have you watched the movie?

message 11: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Abdollahi  (gavthereader) | 41 comments TH wrote: "Gavin wrote: "TH wrote: "A good dub is Fairy Tail.

Another one that was good was K Project.
For anim..."

Yeah, that's another plus with the dub: you can do something else and still understand the story. Hopefully, though, you didn't get any Fairy Tail info mixed up with your school work :D

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 98 comments Gavin wrote: "Not really relegated to the topic, but have you watched the movie? ."

Yup, I have. The one where they go to the US, right?

message 13: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Abdollahi  (gavthereader) | 41 comments Dunno, haven't seen it myself. Is it good?

message 14: by Lára (new)

Lára  | 184 comments The only good dubs I've seen were Shiki and Vampire Knight. I tried to watch so many of them and just couldn't but I do know Japanese now so I do not need dubs. I do like Shiki one quite a bit tho ;)

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 98 comments Gavin wrote: "Dunno, haven't seen it myself. Is it good?"

Yeah, it's quite good. It delves more into the effects of Steins;Gate on Okabe.

message 16: by Tal (new)

Tal Heyman | 26 comments Gavin wrote: "TH wrote: "Gavin wrote: "TH wrote: "A good dub is Fairy Tail.

Another one that was good was K Projec..."

No, I didn't haha. It was all good.

message 17: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Abdollahi  (gavthereader) | 41 comments Cate (The Professional Fangirl) wrote: "Gavin wrote: "Dunno, haven't seen it myself. Is it good?"

Yeah, it's quite good. It delves more into the effects of Steins;Gate on Okabe."

I should probably watch it

message 18: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Abdollahi  (gavthereader) | 41 comments Lára wrote: "The only good dubs I've seen were Shiki and Vampire Knight. I tried to watch so many of them and just couldn't but I do know Japanese now so I do not need dubs. I do like Shiki one quite a bit tho ;)"

What's Shiki?

message 19: by Lára (new)

Lára  | 184 comments Gavin wrote: "Lára wrote: "The only good dubs I've seen were Shiki and Vampire Knight. I tried to watch so many of them and just couldn't but I do know Japanese now so I do not need dubs. I do like Shiki one qui..."

It's a really good anime (view spoiler) that you should watch :)

message 20: by Hanane (last edited Jul 27, 2019 08:05AM) (new)

Hanane Amr | 4 comments Naruto Shippūden
Attack on Titan
Dragon Ball Z
Tokyo Ghoul
https://tutuapp.uno/
https://9apps.ooo/
https://showbox.kim/

message 21: by Danielle's Books (new)

Danielle's Books (daniellesbooks) | 18 comments Good:
1. Attack on Titan
2. Bungou Stray Dogs
3. Fruits Basket
4. My Hero Academia
5. Noragami
6. Psycho Pass
7. Seraph of the End
8. The Seven Deadly Sins
9. Tokyo Ghoul

message 22: by Janta (new)

Janta | 1 comments Attack on Titan Dragon Ball Z Tokyo Ghoul

https://surveyguru.co/

message 23: by Anirupan (new)

Anirupan | 1 comments This is really very interesting blog.... Thanks a lot.
https://discosw.net/tellgamestop-survey/