Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Looking for feedback 8 chapters, 32k words, Sci/fi, Speculative Fic

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (last edited May 26, 2017 04:53AM) (new)

William Odom | 3 comments Looking for feedback on what I have written so far. Grammar and spelling aren't that important at this point to me. Looking for feedback on voice, plot structure, flow, dialog, character building and world building.

I wrote it as a speculative fiction but it's possible for it to also be realistic fiction.

Please let me know what you think.

Solid Feedback will be added to a list for later full beta reads and ARC once published.

message 2: by Gina (new)

Gina Karasek | 38 comments Hi William,

Can you give a quick blurb on what it's about?

Thanks,
Gina

message 3: by William (new)

William Odom | 3 comments I actually haven't written the synopsis yet so I'll try without giving too much away haha.

In the near future, an alien invasion has begun. Nearly all unshielded electronics have been disabled by an EMP. As time moves forward LT. Sheppard starts to notice the invasion isn't what it seems.
Lt. Sheppard and his team locate and procure an alien structure that is surrounded by a blue liquid that has landed on the surface. The liquid is corrosive in nature and has destroyed all life it has come into contact with.
After returning to home base in Cheyenne Mountain Sheppard is haunted by whispers, feelings, and dreams about strange places. Soon after turning in a vial of the blue liquid to the lab, people start disappearing for knowing too much information.

Best I can do on short notice.

Thanks,
William

message 4: by Gina (new)

Gina Karasek | 38 comments I'd be interested in reading it for you and providing feedback. :) I sent you a private message

message 5: by William (new)

William Odom | 3 comments Bump, Up to 32k words. Let me know if you would like to contribute.

Thanks,
William

message 6: by Ted (new)

Ted Carmichael | 17 comments Hi William,

I'd definitely like to check this out. I'm a big fan of sci-fi and speculative fiction (you can check out my Goodreads profile to get a good look at the kind of work I enjoy - I only bother to rate books I really like).

Would you be interested in doing a beta swap? I've written nine sci-fi shorts (26,000 words total) and I'm hoping to get a feel for how readers react to 'em.

You can send me a message here on Goodreads or reach me at this email - tedcarmichael@gmail.com

Thanks!