Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > All time fav book or series

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by chits (new)

chits (chitxwrites) What's your all time favorite?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica | 28 comments Harry Potter

(Six of Crows and the Infernal Devices are my second and third faves)

message 4: by Halima (new)

Halima (hallythemartian) | 20 comments Swallows of Kabul by Yasmina Khadra is my all time favorite book.

The Harry Potter series will always remain my favorite series of all time

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Fear Street by R.L Stine

Mr.something (frosteye) (frosteye) | 17 comments goose bumps are awesome

message 7: by Anita (new)

message 8: by chits (new)

chits (chitxwrites) idk

message 9: by chits (new)

chits (chitxwrites) idk...which is my favorite book cos I love all the books I've read..

Beagle Lover (Avid Reader) (beaglelover55) | 158 comments Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series and the Harry Potter series. Harry Potter Collection (Harry Potter, #1-6) by J.K. Rowling The Dark Tower Series Collection The Gunslinger, The Drawing of the Three, The Waste Lands, Wizard and Glass, Wolves of the Calla, Song of Susannah, The Dark Tower by Stephen King

message 11: by ava (new)

ava (absbuena) aah this is such a hard question.... i always have 2 consistent favorites of all time, and then a third one that kind of rotates as i read more books. So the two consistent ones are Dragonwyck by Anya Seton and The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks. Dragonwyck is just SUCH an amazing story, and i don't know why but i'm just drawn to The Longest Ride. not even joking, i've read it 11 times. it's just a book that i get lost in. my current 3rd favorite is probably The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. its just such an amazing book. i'm also absolutely in love with I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson, but I think I like The Sky is Everywhere more.

message 12: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 170 comments I have several.
My favorite books (as in non-graphic ones): The Kingkiller Chronicle, Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, Hush Hush (don't judge me, it's my guilty pleasure, I know how crappy these books are).

My favorite manga series: InuYasha, Noragami, FullMetal Alchemist

message 13: by Halima (new)

Halima (hallythemartian) | 20 comments Valerie wrote: "I have several.
My favorite books (as in non-graphic ones): The Kingkiller Chronicle, Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, Hush Hush (don't judge me, it's my guilty pleasure, I know how crappy these book..."

FMA! It's also one of my favorite mangas! I also ADORE InuYasha and think Noragami is good, too.

message 14: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 170 comments Halima wrote: "FMA! It's also one of my favorite mangas! I also ADORE InuYasha and think Noragami is good, too."

Yay!! <3

message 15: by April (new)

April | 26 comments Stephen King - The Gunslinger Series and Justin Cronin's The Passage series/trilogy.

message 16: by annesofie (new)

annesofie (ananasofie) | 204 comments I'll Give You the Sun, All the Light we Cannot See & I guess you could say Harry Potter but it's been like 6 years since i last read them. I'm doing a reread over summer though so then my love will be all refreshed :)

Also I will never not love A Visual Journey but that's probably because I'll always cheer Ed on for whatever he does welp

message 17: by Louise (new)

Louise | 101 comments Oh my what a hard question, there are so many great books. I think it has to be The Harry Potter series and A Court of Thorns and Roses series (especially A Court of mist and fury, Dont Judge me!)

message 18: by Angela (new)

Angela Auten | 126 comments The Outsiders

She's favorite author as well!!

message 19: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Aristodemou (andreasaristodemou) | 92 comments Series: Raven cycle and Iron fey
Books: All the bright places, We were liars, Perks of being a wallflower

message 20: by chits (new)

chits (chitxwrites) @andreas Perks of being a wall flower is one of my favorites too^_^

message 21: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Aristodemou (andreasaristodemou) | 92 comments Chits wrote: "@andreas Perks of being a wall flower is one of my favorites too^_^"

Come on, I mean who doesn't love that book
It is a masterpiece

message 22: by Julia (new)

Julia Oelbaum | 35 comments harry potter series and the lunar chronicles

message 23: by chits (new)

chits (chitxwrites) @andreas sure it is

message 24: by chits (new)

chits (chitxwrites) @Julia im currently reading CINDER and it's soo good!!!

message 25: by Anna (new)

message 26: by Gary (new)

Gary Reads (gary59) | 8 comments The Shadow Falls Series by C. C. Hunter

message 27: by Alyssa (new)

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather (hersecretsmile) | 56 comments Series: Harry Potter, Daughter of Smoke & Bone, and Girl of Fire and Thorn

Standalones: The Night Circus and Code Name Verity (I haven't read the prequel or second book yet, so counting this as a standalone.)

message 29: by Karissa (new)

Karissa (karissapaula) | 4 comments The Program series by Suzanne Young & The Lux series.

message 30: by ~Bellegirl91~ (new)

~Bellegirl91~ (bellegirl91) Books:

1-Jane Eyre
2- Washington's Spies: The Story of America's first spy ring (note: there's a tv series made from it -of course it's all drama- and AMC did it and the final and 4th season starts June 17!! Netflix even has the first two seasons up right now and they're quick 10 episodes. And if you've seen Austenland and know who JJ Feild is, then you'll like Turn since he's a British officer and actually happens to be head of British intelligence (and he's shirtless a few time 😉😂) but the show is still worth watching)

Series (BESIDES HP 😂)

1- Percy Jackson (and any other Riordan)
2- Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
3- the Finisher by David Baldacci
4- Shadowhunter Chronicles (so The Mortal Instruments, Infernal Devices etc)
5- Grisha Trilogy
6- Divergent series

message 31: by ~Bellegirl91~ (new)

~Bellegirl91~ (bellegirl91) Oh! I almost forgot a few other all time favorite books!! Oops!

1- Caraval (as of now haha)
2- Prey by Michael Crichton (well, anything by him is good even though I hate science and yet his set up is still brilliantly well written and i love and miss his books. So sad cancer took him in 2008. But at least there's been 3 book discoveries from his archives and one of them just got released Tuesday!! 😃😃😃)

And other series I forgot to mention is Red Queen and Lorien Legacies (I Am Number Four)

Jacob the Bookworm (jacobthebookworm) | 31 comments Books: The Outsiders, Wonder, A List of Cages

Series: HP (only on book 4 though), Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, and Miss Peregrine's

message 33: by Althea ☾ (new)

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 0 comments (Most Recently) THE INFERNAL DEVICES <3333

message 34: by NerdyJediGymnast (new)

NerdyJediGymnast | 191 comments Series: Lunar Chronicles

message 35: by NerdyJediGymnast (new)

NerdyJediGymnast | 191 comments Fave book: How dare you make me choose between my children?

Jk. So far I cant narrow it down but
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

favorite book: The Holy Bible.
Favorite ceries: Hairy Potter

message 37: by Sneha (new)

Sneha (lovegood19) Book: Six Of Crows
Series: Lunar Chronicles

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 624 comments The Hunger Games. I love everything about that trilogy and I owe it a lot. As for a standalone book, I'm sure there is one but I can't think of any now.

message 39: by Mackenzie :) (new)

Mackenzie :) (book_girl_777) | 20 comments Legend by Marie Lu !!!!!

myfortressofbooks | 18 comments The Infernal Devices By Cassandra Clare because no matter what book I read next I can’t love any of those characters as much as I love Will, Tessa, Jem and the others! 💕

message 41: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 72 comments Percy Jackson and every other Rick Riordan books, Harry Potter.

message 42: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) I've read many excellent series/trilogies, but HP remains my favorite.

message 43: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 421 comments The Queen's Thief series, by Megan Whelan Turner

Almost anything by Ursula K. LeGuin

The Last Dragonslayer series, by Jasper Fforde

Connie Willis's time travel books

The Bean Trees and Pigs in Heaven, by Barbara Kingsolver

message 44: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (mysteria02) | 168 comments Life of Faith by Martha Finley
Harry Potter
Any book by Angela Elwell Hunt
A promise kept by Robin Lee Hatcher
Where the Heart lives by Robin Lee Hatcher

message 45: by Dorian (new)

Dorian Jandreau (doriandejandreau) | 1 comments Anne Rice "Vampires Chronicles"
Soman Chainani "School for Good and Evil"

Famished For Fiction (famishedforfiction) Harry potter and Percy Jackson; )

message 47: by Anita (last edited Nov 25, 2019 04:38AM) (new)

Anita (neet413) | 127 comments All time fave book/series is The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy.

Close second is the Repairman Jack series by F Paul Wilson, and The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne.

message 48: by Steve (new)

Steve Isenhower Dragonlance by Weiss and Hickman, Heralds of Valdemar by Mercedes Lackey

message 49: by Elena (new)

Elena (ebunker1) | 0 comments These are not in any particular order, I just put my top 5.

1. Keeper of the Lost Cities
2. Harry Potter
3. The Lunar Chronicles
4. The Hunger Games
5. The Twilight Saga