2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Michelle's Reading plan - June 2017

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Don't know if this is a head start because I've decided no plan this month except for a few.

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Jun 28, 2017 12:42AM) (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Buddy and challenge reads
✔ Portrait in death -J D Robb

Series
✔ For his eyes only -Lexi Blake
✔ Arranged -Lexi Blake
✔ Preppy III -T.M.Frazier
✔ Between brothers -AJ Downey
Silver silence -Nalini Singh

Standalones
✔ Buy me , Sir - Jade West

Didn't plan on it
✔ Athica lane -Brynne Asher (BOTM-LAL)
✔ Sacked -Jen Frederick ( LAL challenge)
Bedlam Butchers: Volumes 1-3
Bedlam Butchers: Volumes 4-6
✔ Walkout -Lila Rose
✔ overflow - Brynne Asher
☞ beautiful life -Brynne Asher

Carried over and waiting
Broken courses - Aly Martinez
Sinner's revenge -Kim Jones
Anna Zaire boxset - twist me, capture me
Obsession -Ann Mayburn
American prince ☆

message 3: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 538 comments Looks good, Michelle. I loved For His Eyes and I started reading Arranged.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Karen I really wanted to start it but I just had to get my reading mojo back. the last couple of books I'd read just didn't give any enjoyment. So hopefully I'll get to it this month

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4015 comments Mod
I just read a book co-written by Lexi Blake and Shayla Black and was impressed. I need to look into more of her books.

Hope you have a great month!

message 6: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Haha, your "few" looks pretty good to me. Have a great reading month, Michelle.

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2115 comments I like your list. I need to check out Lexi Blake.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Lauren wrote: "I just read a book co-written by Lexi Blake and Shayla Black and was impressed. I need to look into more of her books.

Hope you have a great month!"

The colabaration is a good one. Just be careful of Shayla black on her own. I think you'll like Lexi Blake series Jonetta.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Veronica wrote: "Haha, your "few" looks pretty good to me. Have a great reading month, Michelle."

There mostly carry over from last month. Was just too lazy to put them there. But I really know I want to read those . Thanx. Have a good read yourself Veronica.

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10414 comments Mod
Nice list, Michelle! I didn't realize you were so far along in the Nalini Singh series.

message 11: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Hope you have a great month!

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Jonetta wrote: "Nice list, Michelle! I didn't realize you were so far along in the Nalini Singh series."

I'm actually up to date with it but Kiss of Snowis a favourite to recharge. The author has actually ended that story arc and is starting a "new" series coming out this month. Was kinda two stones : remind myself before the new series and enjoy reading again.

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Tracey wrote: "Hope you have a great month!"

Thanx Tracey. I'm taking it very easy this month.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Between Brothers The Sacred Brotherhood Book IV by A.J. Downey

I honestly did not see this book coming as I thought the author was ending in a trilogy. I'd also struggled with the last book as it felt different in style and pace and alround just not the same. And sad to say it followed through to this book. I hated Duracell. He had nothing to make him love-able or like-able . I kept waiting for the insight to his personality. Blue and Hayley worked as a couple (view spoiler)

I've read MC Club books and I've had gritty , in your face , raw characters. But this had my hackles up and gave me a negative vibe while reading. It just felt off balance between the two male characters as well. Some explained and a lot not.
Please if there's anymore books coming return to the style/formula, and that includes the whole team around the author, that started this series

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Buy Me, Sir by Jade West

This book has left me not knowing what to rate it.
The characters were well written and scary with how you really got drawn into their madness of loneliness and obsession. I felt that the girl was so crazy obsess with the mc that it could easily have been stalkerish. The man was so remote yet you felt his pain of losing himself to his circumstances and your constantly rooting for him. Add the danger of kink and I'm lost as to how to feel about a book I have no idea of the subject matter .

I suppose this is one of those books not read to enjoy but an insight to how people's minds work.

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Have a great month Michelle.

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Thanx Angela

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Preppy The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part Three (King, #7) by T.M. Frazier

After reading p2 and not knowing it was split into 3 books I was really waiting for this book to have fireworks. I left disappointed. Yes it was true to the character and rough like all the other books in this series but I was reading it wondering why the extra book? Did the author just get stuck and thought okay let's get what I have out while I think up the ending to this series?
If I overlook all that I still liked it.

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Athica Lane (Carpino, #3) by Brynne Asher
This was a spur of the moment BOTM read. It just looks interesting enough that I thought my other could wait. I'm glad it didn't disappoint. I really loved all the characters. So much so that I think I'll find the rest of the series as this is book 3 .
Sweet heroines that you just can't help but love And her alpha man with his kids and dadsome. Crazy family and great story line just made you read this in one go.

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments For His Eyes Only (Masters and Mercenaries, #13) by Lexi Blake
Finally got to this book. This is one of those series that each book can almost be read on its own. Some character crossover but you don't really need to know there back story enjoyed these two on to the next one.

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Sacked (Gridiron, #1) by Jen Frederick

I love this authors style of writing. I loved the romance. It was so well written the fact it was young/ new adult wasn't a deterrent. Or maybe it's was the football detracted from that. What I absolutely hated was the American football aspect of this. I was just too much for me. So hence the 3* rating.

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Bedlam Butchers Volumes 1-3 by Ruby Dixon Bedlam Butchers Volumes 4-6 (Bedlam Butchers MC, #4-6) by Ruby Dixon

This boxset was all insta something. Love is still debatable. But wow was is hot and steamy. As far as story goes. It had potential. A motorhcyle club that does everything , I mean everything is in pairs? but then it's all told mostly from the ladies pov and they are new to the lifestyle. So the jury is still out if I like it or not.

message 23: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Walkout by Lila Rose
And we're back to what I know. This was short and sweet. Or as sweet as motorcycle club can be. Then again this isn't a 1% club really. I loved both the H & h. Can't wait for the next book.

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments Overflow (Carpino, #1) by Brynne Asher

I couldn't get enough of the Carpino's. So here we are. This family is crazy and invasive with the best of intentions. And just when you think things are settling down something happens.
I enjoy this authors writing style. I mean once I started I just wanted to finish it. Hated to put it down. I come away thinking I want a family like this. It feel real and and draws you in.
I reading the second book now.

message 25: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10414 comments Mod
Love it when I see my friends enjoy their reading as much as you did this book!

message 26: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2141 comments I love it when a BOTM works out. This was really a treasure becaus eive not had any luck with books lately. I'm hoping that this authors other series is just as good as this one