Teen Creeps discussion

I Saw You That Night!
This topic is about I Saw You That Night!
The Bullshit Cliffhanger Game

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric | 3 comments The numerous references to Stine's fake-out cliffhangers in the I Saw You That Night episode had me cracking up. As a once-avid Fear Street and Goosebumps devotee, I well remember this frustrating penchant of his, all these many years later. So I thought it might be fun to turn it into a group game.

Rules would be pretty simple. One poster invents a spine-tingling chapter conclusion and the next poster resolves the cliffhanger (in a completely artificial, cop-out manner) at the beginning of the following imaginary chapter.

Example (culled from a memory of a real one Stine utilized):

Poster 1: "As Todd offered her the flowers, Melanie shrank backwards, a look of horror creeping over her features."
Poster 2: "She sneezed, twice, then looked at Todd sheepishly. 'Sorry,' she explained. 'I'm allergic to flowers.'"

Then Poster 2 starts a new cliffhanger for someone else to complete, and so forth.

Got it? Of course you do. I can tell you're intelligent.

I'll start.

"Lydia started for the doorway, but Jeremy blocked her way, staring down at her menacingly. 'You can't leave, Lydia,' he said gravely. 'You can't. I won't let you.'"

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Hennis (olivia_h) | 2 comments "Lydia started for the doorway, but Jeremy blocked her way, staring down at her menacingly. 'You can't leave, Lydia,' he said gravely. 'You can't. I won't let you.'"

Lydia huffed. "Fine. I'll clean up the mess I made in the kitchen. I know your parents would freak out and you'd never be let out of the house again."

Jeremy sighed with relief. "Thank you for being reasonable."

Lydia walked back into the kitchen, setting down her backpack on the only clean part of the table. She admired the trays of freshly baked cupcakes, but her fingers slid around the handle of a nearby knife before she whirled back to face Jeremy!

Lisa (lisaspoot) | 1 comments Olivia wrote: ""Lydia started for the doorway, but Jeremy blocked her way, staring down at her menacingly. 'You can't leave, Lydia,' he said gravely. 'You can't. I won't let you.'"

Lydia huffed. "Fine. I'll cle..."

"Do you want to go halves in a cupcake? I really dont think i can eat a whole one!"
"Sure" smiled Jeremy "and hey, i helped make the mess. Ill help you clean up!"
As Lydia and Jeremy made a start on the kitchen, then heard a bump. Then a low moan.
"Oh my god, Jeremy.." Lydia's voice trembled "there's.. theres something in the basement!"

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric | 3 comments "Oh my god, Jeremy.." Lydia's voice trembled "there's.. theres something in the basement!"

"I completely forgot to let Lucy out!" exclaimed Jeremy, clapping his hand to his forehead. "She was only supposed to be down there until the party was over."
He opened the basement door and the golden retriever bounded out with an appreciative yip.
"Oh," laughed Lydia sheepishly. "I forgot about her, too. She sounded so strange behind the door. So...human."
Jeremy knelt down to ruffle the dog's fur affectionately. "Yeah, sometimes when she whines it sounds like she's saying 'hello.'" He glanced up at Lydia, grinning expectantly, but his chuckle caught in his throat. She wasn't looking at him or Lucy. Instead she was staring behind him, eyes wide, mouth agape in absolute horror.

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Hennis (olivia_h) | 2 comments He glanced up at Lydia, grinning expectantly, but his chuckle caught in his throat. She wasn't looking at him or Lucy. Instead she was staring behind him, eyes wide, mouth agape in absolute horror.

"S-s-spider!" Lydia gasped.

Jeremy jumped back, equally freaked out. But Lucy, good dog that she was, turned and chased the spider.

The teens shrieked and jumped out of the way as the goldie chased the huge brown spider across the linoleum floor and into the living room, out of sight.

Jeremy shuddered. "My god, that thing was so gross! It was size of my hand!"

"I'm so glad Lucy likes to hunt them. We should clean up quick, before any more bugs want to join the afterparty."

But as they began to clear the table, from the living room they heard Lucy's rumbling growl...

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric | 3 comments But as they began to clear the table, from the living room they heard Lucy's rumbling growl...

Jeremy groped in the darkness until his hand closed over the remote control. He hit the power button and The Tonight Show blinked out of existence. Immediately Lucy's growling subsided.
"Sorry, little lady," said Jeremy, his hand disappearing into Lucy's glossy sunset fur. "I don't know why you hate Jimmy Fallon so much."
Just before he wheeled himself around to march back into the kitchen to join Lydia, there was a knock at the door.
Who could that be at this hour? Jeremy wondered nervously. He crossed the room with a sense of growing unease and opened the door.
On his porch stood a man in a rumpled raincoat, five-o-clock shadow peppering his gaunt face. In his outstretched hand, a badge glinted in the moonlight.
"My name is Officer Spencer," said the man gruffly. "I'm afraid I have some bad news about your parents."