What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Just to chat > Books/Novels spoiling other Books/Novels

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RJ (last edited May 25, 2017 01:31PM) (new)

RJ | 40 comments Hi,

Is there a list anywhere on internet or here in goodreads that helps you know if a book's gonna spoil another read???

For example:

The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
Warning: This book will spoil some classics if you have yet to read them.

1. The Scarlet Letter
2. The Great Gatsby
3. A Farewell to Arms
4. The Catcher in the Rye
5. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
6. The Bell Jar

And so far Lucky by Alice Seabold has spoiled Don Quixote for me (wished there was a warning somewhere) :(...

Plz plz plz let me know or help create one :)

message 3: by Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (last edited May 25, 2017 01:36PM) (new)

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 154 comments Changes, the 12th installment of The Dresden Files, while it doesn't spoil The Fellowship of the Ring, gives away a lot of the plot. I'd read it before Changes so it didn't matter to me though.

Plus The Dresden Files overall spoils most of the Star Wars trilogy. Can't imagine anyone who'd want to read those books hasn't seen Star Wars though. Great nerds think alike.

message 5: by RJ (new)

RJ | 40 comments Great heads up, i haven't read moby dick but ya i have seen star wars and read great Gatsby thanks all...

But there should b some kind of list or something, dont u guyz think...

message 6: by RJ (last edited May 25, 2017 06:38PM) (new)

RJ | 40 comments So far three spoilers for lucky by alice seabold

1 - Don Quixote
2 - The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin
3 - Lysistrata by Aristophanes

message 7: by Cara's Craftsations (last edited May 28, 2017 04:14AM) (new)

Cara's Craftsations | 1603 comments The Eyre Affair talks about Jane Eyre and other classics.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 22 comments Can't think of any off the top of my head, but yes, this is definitly a good idea, there should be a website somewhere.

message 9: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments Lucky, according to RJ, spoils Don Quixote, The Stepford Wives, and Lysistrata. Just for future reference.

message 10: by RJ (new)

RJ | 40 comments Rosa wrote: "Lucky, according to RJ, spoils Don Quixote, The Stepford Wives, and Lysistrata. Just for future reference."

Yes it spoiled Don Quixote & Lysistrata so far :(

message 11: by RJ (new)

RJ | 40 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Can't think of any off the top of my head, but yes, this is definitly a good idea, there should be a website somewhere."

Plz do let me know if u ever come across one :)