What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book - boy who doesn't speak, girl called alien by her parents

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kale (new)

Kale Donutz | 3 comments I read this book back in the late 2000's, and I don't remember much about it though I really want to find it. The protagonist is a teenage boy who has been traumatized. I believe he was lost in the woods for a long time. As a result, he doesn't speak. He meets a kind of spunky and damaged girl who refers to herself as an alien. I think they date. He goes to her house and is surprised to hear her parents openly refer to her as an alien. I wish I knew more about it, but any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Was she really an alien?

message 3: by Kale (new)

Kale Donutz | 3 comments No, I don't think so. She was just eccentric and her parents didn't appreciate or understand her so she embraced the title.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Kale, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Kale (new)

Kale Donutz | 3 comments I never did find it. I still think about it but have no idea where to look without a title or cover or author's name.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

You have a much better chance of your book being found if you bump your thread every few months. New members will then see it.

message 9: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 274 comments Signal by Cynthia C. DeFelice Haven't read this but it does feature a girl who thinks she's an alien.

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15786 comments Could it be the same book Peter is looking for here?

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...