Richard and Judy Book Club discussion

Start Here! > Introduce Yourselves!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Little Ray Of Sunshine (littlerayofsunshine) | 2 comments Hi I am Zoe I haven't ever done a Richard & Judy Book Club before I have seen them when they do it in WHSmiths but sadly our WHSmiths as closed.

Where are the books?

message 2: by Oliver (new)

Oliver Perkins | 1 comments Hi, I am Olly Perkins and I have written a book 'The message of the Clouds' which is about forecasting the weather yourself using signs from the clouds and your surroundings. I am 15 years old and have never done a book club before but I am interested in taking part in one.

message 3: by Helena (new)

Helena Fairfax (helenafairfax) | 1 comments Hi,
Thanks so much for inviting me to join this group. I'm not sure how many of the books I'll be able to read, but I'll try my best!
I love Tana French so I have my eye on that one...

message 4: by Nina (new)

Nina Light (ameninaluz) | 2 comments Hi everyone!
Thanks so much for inviting me, Sassy, it's a pleasure.
I'll be checking out your blog later to choose my 10 books. It seems nothing, 10 books, but I decided to err on the side of caution, since I do a lot of work with indie authors and have a pretty full NetGalley shelf, plus all the stuff I keep buying because the blurb sounds great and I want to read it... lol. I know. Book addict is the name. So, here's me. Also a virgin on these group things. But I think I'm going to have great fun. :-)

message 5: by Tony (new)

Tony Levy (author_tonylevy) | 1 comments Hi I'm Tony Levy
I had an autobiography published back in 2011 about my 25 year career working for Her Majestys Prison Service it's a warts and all look behind the closed gates of UK prisons
I am awiting the publication of my second book El Dorado? No! Heathrow airport which is all about how we all behave when confronted with modern airport security screening.
Despite the events of terriorism that plague our world the travelling public still ask the same questions at security 'Do I look like a Terrorist?'
Thanks for including me in the group i hope I can make a contribution
regards
Tony

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Mole | 10 comments Hi Sassy. Thanks for the invite.
I'm Melanie (Mole). A confirmed book-a-holic and avid reader. Also an author and eccentric all rolled into one.
I really like Goodreads and welcome the chance to interact with other book lovers here. By the way, everyone in the group sounds interesting and I will be looking at some of the other author's work too. If it won't offend it would be interesting to see what area others in the group live in - I'm in North Wiltshire.

message 7: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Garrett (labouquineuse) | 2 comments Hi,

Another Melanie here (Mel2?). Many thanks for the invite. It's a sublime idea for a book group. It gives us maximum flexibility to choose things which appeal to us as readers, but is also going to be a fascinating way to learn more about what goes into making an R&J read. I'm away at the moment but will check out the blog and get stuck in properly next week. I choose '5' as my goal randomly because I haven't had a chance to have a proper look at this yet. Thanks again Sassy!

message 8: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Garrett (labouquineuse) | 2 comments Oliver wrote: "Hi, I am Olly Perkins and I have written a book 'The message of the Clouds' which is about forecasting the weather yourself using signs from the clouds and your surroundings. I am 15 years old and ..."

Congratulations Olly! I'm hugely impressed that you've written a book at 15. It sounds like a fascinating topic. What drew you to it?

message 9: by Nina (new)

Nina Light (ameninaluz) | 2 comments Melanie wrote: "Hi Sassy. Thanks for the invite.
I'm Melanie (Mole). A confirmed book-a-holic and avid reader. Also an author and eccentric all rolled into one.
I really like Goodreads and welcome the chance to ..."

Hi Melanie (1)!
Lovely 'meeting' you. South Staffs here. Where we get all weather from East, West, North and South, whatever's going. And yes, it seems it's going to be quite diverse and interesting, this group. I'm really looking forward to it.

message 10: by Dee-Cee (new)

Dee-Cee  It's all about the books (dee-cee) | 2 comments Hello *waves*
I'm Dee-Cee, im in Scotland and love books. I've not decided how many books to pick for the challenge yet but I'm thinking 10, that way I won't feel too pressured with all the books I have to review for my blog as well.

Thanks for inviting me to the group.

message 11: by Claire (new)

Claire | 4 comments Hi I'm Claire, avid reader, new member to this group. I've read some Richard & Judy books in the past and enjoyed them so it's nice to be part of a dedicated group. I love reading but my TBR list is enormous so I struggle sometimes to keep up with the reading deadlines however if it's something I want to read then I will get round to it. I review everything I read on Goodreads. Not sure if I can commit to a challenge right now - I've already got three on the go plus I'm a member of two bookclubs lol! Happy reading :)

message 12: by L.J. (new)

L.J. Kane (l_j_kane_author) | 2 comments Hi Everyone. I'm the author L.J. Kane. I made my debut in April 2017 with my psychological thriller 'Snatch Girl'. Although I don't have much time to read these days, I love to see other people's recommendations & add them to my reading pile(s)! I'm looking forward to the group reads!
Thanks for having me,
L.J.

message 13: by Deborah (new)

Deborah A. Morrison (deboraha_morrison) | 4 comments Hi!!! I'm author of "Finding Your Center: Explorations in Philosophy, New Physics and Eastern Mysticism" I have 2 poetry books published. I'm co-author of 3 books, one is a new age fiction novel called "NEXUS" and two books are inspirational non-fiction books based on Law of Attraction, and the other is a collection of quotes and true life stories. I am currently writing a visionary fiction story! The manuscript is coming along nicely! I think the R&J Book Club is a wonderful way to share our thoughts and experiences with authors and readers! I look forward to meeting you here, and please feel free to send me your messages! I look forward to hearing from you~

message 14: by Deborah (new)

Deborah A. Morrison (deboraha_morrison) | 4 comments Thank you. Through my writing I like to bring inspiration through the healing power of the written word.

Twitter: https://twitter.com@deborahm71
Blog: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (goodreadscomsharon_marchisello) | 2 comments Hi,
I'm Sharon Marchisello, and I'm an author as well as a reader.
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...
My mystery novel, Going Home, inspired by my mother's battle with Alzheimer's disease, was published in 2014 by Sunbury Press.
I also blog about personal finance called Countdown to Financial Fitness:
http://sharonmarchisello.blogspot.com/
I'm on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SLMarchisello/
as well as Twitter: https://twitter.com/SLMarchisello