Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Cover Help > covers in place

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Please,I would like to get help in this.
I know librarians have a hard life in this big mess you have here and I come to add atop.
I want to join two books with their covers
The books are Z en Lemuria ASIN B013GR2IS0
and
Las memorias de Z ASIN B01
LOLG07A

and their covers are
Z en Lemuria cover

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_f...

Las memorias de Z cover

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_f...
I have only words for your kindness

message 2: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments On it

message 3: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments Goodreads policy is to keep all published covers on the site, as readers want to shelve the cover of the copy they have. Instead of updating a cover, we add an alternate-cover edition (ACE).

As the author you can set the default edition. Simply click on one of the links below and follow these instructions.

I got the covers from Amazon.

ACE book 1 ACE book 4

While I was at it I created a series: https://www.goodreads.com/series/2072...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

On it .Does it meant that was done?
If it was,I don't see the covers and now can not ask one second time for something that is already done.
And thankyou for creating a series for the four books.Now I can sell all them together in one box.Goodbye(excuse me please,your name is covered by this white rectangle and cannot see your name below.Tim,is that?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Was David.excuse me .I am ridiculous

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

David,ON IT I think means that you are on it.
The rest of your message is devoid of sense for me.I don't know what an ACE is and now have to investigate that.
You are the one to have access to the insides of the site and able to introduce changes.Is that a librarian?

message 7: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments Fernando wrote: “. . . The rest of your message is devoid of sense for me.I don't know what an ACE is and now have to investigate that . . ."

The first link in David’s response (message #3) includes some information about what an ACE (or alternate cover edition) is. Basically: when a new cover is added for an existing edition, where only the cover changes—the ISBN (or ASIN) remains the same—an ACE is created; there are then two editions, with different covers.

Using your book Z. en Lemuria as an example:
▪︎ this is the edition with the original cover: Z. en Lemuria; and
▪︎ this is the ACE with the alternate cover: Z. en Lemuria

Note that the ACE cannot have an ISBN/ASIN because that would create a duplicate entry in the GR database: the edition with the original cover already holds that ISBN/ASIN. Due to this a special note is usually added to the top of the ACE’s book description indicating which ISBN (or ASIN) associates with it.

If this explanation helps, you may want to read David’s respone (message #3) again—it should make more sense now.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi,both of you.Two days have passed by and I don't know what to say to be intelligent today and always everywhere.
Now I know David is Israeli and that is disturbing because me too I once was one.
And to Codex,heis coming out of the blue,I should ask to say more about alchemy.It is still pertinent and practised today?I have only questions​ for him.

message 9: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments I'm sure both of us want to assist, but we are not certain what you need assistance with.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Reviews,I come here for reviews,looking for readers. to propose my book Spooky Spoke.Is not shaming to peddle a book here.

David,I would like to to translate Spooky spoke into Hebrew.Last week I ve been in contact with ITA Israel Translators Association.The lady manager tried to help but translators themselves didnt want to work without a reward for the 85 pages translation.
I wrote a book related to Israel and it can be of interest for an israeli segment of readers.

Twice I wrote to Zmora Bitan proposing them the book and twice they stated that all begins with a 150 shekels payment as fees for a comission of professional readers to take a look to the manuscript.
And this reminds my of the US rehov Ha Yarkon Embassy taking my 150 dollars for nothing 17 years ago.So I wouldn't do that twice.
You can help with the money

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

You can help making a telephone call to my mother in Nazaret Ilit.
I know we are in a Parnassus and no one here talk personal thoughts and put them only in the books.

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
Fernando, if you need anything additional done to your book records here on Goodreads, Goodreads Librarians can help with that.

But they cannot help with publishing, translation, or reviews for your books. None of those are what this group is for, so please limit your posts in this group to requests for edits to your Goodreads book records.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, moderate is always preferable but I was testing two Librarians here for what they do or not do.
I never lost control as you may think,all was done for one purpose.
Anyway if this place isn't a social web where everything is mixed in chaotic outbursts then what do you want it to be?

message 14: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who work to improve the Goodreads database.

There are many groups on Goodreads, including quite a few where authors can get advice from other others or look for reviewers. This group is not one of them, and off-topic threads or posts may be deleted.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.