Smashwords Authors discussion

Marketing > Functional External Promotion Sites for Smashwords?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faidra-Foteini (new)

Faidra-Foteini Petaniti (faidra13) | 4 comments So, I've been Google researching for promotion ways for my book, which has been published in Smashwords for the last five months. The problem I've encountered is, I guess, one that many of you have faced as well.
There is almost no promotional chance when you've published in Smashwords. Even when I try the paid options (like 20 bucks for six months or something similar) 99% of the advertising sites want an Kindle ASIN.
Am I searching wrong? Is there a hidden society of Smashword book promoters?

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1185 comments I doubt it... but you can ask to be interviewed by fellow bloggers and if you have a blog, return the favor! ;) See the following threads
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

And Patty Jensen used to do promo including Smashwords links...
http://pattyjansen.com/promo/for-auth... (just keep an eye out or sign up for her newsletter to be alerted when she starts again)

I also do author (or character) interviews, so if you want PM me your email and I'll send along the questions. But I'm booked until June 11 with my fellow bundlers - afterward, when you want! ;)

The latter two are free, by the way... ;)

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) | 260 comments Faidra-Foteini wrote: "So, I've been Google researching for promotion ways for my book, which has been published in Smashwords for the last five months. The problem I've encountered is, I guess, one that many of you have..."

Are you listed on AuthorsDB?
Do you have a blog, as well as a static website? If yes, are you interacting with fellow bloggers?
Are you using the promotional tools in Mark Coker's free book on promoting ebooks?
Are you promoting not only the Smashwords link but also the extended distribution?
Are you participating in Smashwords promotions (Summer/Winter is coming up soon)?

Just a few thoughts ... and all of these will allow you to promote your Smashwords link.

message 4: by Steph, Space Opera Diva (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 807 comments AuthorsDB is a new one on me. Is it worth the time/effort?

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) | 260 comments Steph wrote: "AuthorsDB is a new one on me. Is it worth the time/effort?"

Short answer: yes.

message 6: by Ubiquitous (new)

Ubiquitous Bubba (ubiquitousbubba) | 413 comments I was not familiar with AuthorsDB. I've signed up and listed my work. Thanks for the suggestion, Sharon.

message 7: by Faidra-Foteini (new)

Faidra-Foteini Petaniti (faidra13) | 4 comments Wow, I just received notifications for all these comments! Thank you very much I will check Author's Database. As for the blogs and everything, it's really difficult for me to trully engage to social media. I am a nurse and my working hours are difficult, more or less. Thank you very much for your help though.

message 8: by Steph, Space Opera Diva (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 807 comments Sharon wrote: "...Short answer: yes."

Does the long answer include the words, "increased sales"...?

Bookangel.co.uk | 1 comments If you have gone wide on Smashwords, our site now takes Kobo ISBNs to list promotions and free books: http://bookangel.co.uk/submit-your-ko...

We've added it thanks to a couple of Smashwords authors, who raised this problem by email, but sadly we can't get the data we need direct from Smashwords at the moment. The offers go out to our email subscribers, just as Amazon listings do.

message 10: by Rita (last edited Sep 21, 2017 09:01PM) (new)

Rita Chapman | 259 comments Missing at Sea (Anna Davies Mystery Series #2) by Rita Lee Chapman I've just listed Missing at Sea on Smashwords Special Deals,
which I only just found out about.(https://www.smashwords.com/books/view... use coupon no RN33H to purchase for half price).

You can choose to make your coupon public if you want to make it available to anyone.