TV We've Just Watched discussion

Comedies > Drop Dead Diva

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Has anyone seen this yet. I'ts on Lifetime, sunday night. I find it funny & enlightening.Tonight will be the fourth episode. The premise is a skinny girl dies & a fat girl dies, the skinny one gets to the waiting area in heaven. Finds out she didn't do to much with her life so they don't know where to put her, she manages to go back to earth, but lands in the fat girls body. As one of the weight challenged, i like this show, & hope some of you will give it a chance.

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie I will have to check this out. I don't usually watch lifetime so that might be way I haven't seen it yet.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I've seen it. It's cute. It's still a bit early to tell how successful it will be. It has promise, but it's still in the awkward introduction/getting to know the characters phase.

message 4: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments I missed last night's episode, but I've been watching since the beginning. I'm really enjoying it. I like Jane and how she reacts. The one thing I've never figured out is if Jane has family who the new Jane has never met. I know that she (the skinny inner person)was supposed to see her mother in last night's episode that I missed, but, what about the Jane of the body. Does she have family?

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa The latest episode (the one you missed Myra) was the best one yet. I'm sure it's online and Lifetime airs the episodes several times a week so you'll be able to catch it. I'm not sure about Jane's family, but was wondering the same thing. Next weeks looks really fun with it being Jane's birthday!

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Maybe we'll find out next week about Jane's family.Surely if she has some they will be there or call for her Bday.

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 162 comments It is fun! And I love Stacy as well.

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Don't you just! Stacy is sooo funny, for a skinny girl! You know she used to be on Two & a Half Men, as Candy. Her parents didn't call, that is if she has any. Stacy thought she couldn't sing, Jane can!LOVE it!

message 9: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) I love love love this show! So glad I heard the advertisement driving home from work the day before it started! If only my guardian angel would be as cute!

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments He was gone this past episode, left a note saying he got in trouble for kissing Stacy. And how about that Kim? Kissing Grayson. I don't like her she's a b---h.

message 11: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments I like this show too. It's not the type of show I would normally watch, but it's funny and the whole being in another body has that paranormal element that I seem to need in my t.v. shows.
Yeah, I don't like Kim either. She is the typical office biatch.

message 12: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments I'm gonna miss Fred. And I hate it that Stacy doesn't have any memory of their night out together. And if Kim and Grayson get together, I quit watching!

message 13: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I don't think i'll quit watching, but i will not be happy about it. I'm just hoping that it comes back again next season. Don't know how many are left for this season, hell can't keep up with how the networks do seasons anymore. But i do enjoy this show ! :) Maybe Fred will get to come back. Cross our fingers.

message 14: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) OH NOOOOOOOO!!!! I haven't watched the latest episode yet - they can't get rid of Fred! He HAS to come back!

message 15: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments Was it just me or did Fred kind of look like Scott Baio?

message 16: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments It was just you. LOL

message 17: by Joy (new)

Joy This is a cute show. But I agree about Fred - why would they get rid of him?
The show reminds me a little of Ally McBeal; something David E. Kelley would come up with!

message 18: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I totally agree! So much so I looked him up on IMDB to see if he was related to SB! No mention of any such connection. :-(

message 19: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments PS - Fred is BACK. I missed an episode or two but Jane mention him being gone and Stacy's memory being washed of Fred. Apparently he was repremanded for the kiss and opted to give up heaven for Stacy. He is back as a human.

message 20: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I think this Sunday is the season finale, and her mom finally shows up. Glad Fred's back & still don't like Kim.

message 21: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments Yeah, what's up with Kim? She doesn't want to date Grayson, then she does? Fickle, much?

message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Who knows with her, i just think she's a big bitch. Like Jane sueing that shop for not carrying her size, Kim told her to suck it up. She didn't fell bad for Jane at all, just told her to lose weight. I was so mad about that, i hope she doesn't get Grayson.

message 23: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Again I ask the question, when is it coming back? Does any one know?

message 24: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 162 comments I think in April?

message 25: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I lost track of this show in the middle of the season. What happened at the end of the season?

message 26: by Lori (last edited Mar 25, 2010 12:59PM) (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I don't know I missed the last one of the season. I'm going to start looking for it now since it comes back in April. Thanks Terri! Maybe they'll show the last one before the new season starts.

message 27: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments Saw last week where the new season will begin in June.

message 28: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Wish they would make up their minds!

message 29: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments It's back!!! The new season started with a bang when we learned all about Jane's husband and their relationship. What a jerk! And Kim showed her true colors when she testified against Jane at the hearing to disbar Jane. And FRED's back!!! Yay!

message 30: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 35 comments I had never heard of this show until Lifetime ran a day-long marathon of it over Memorial Day weekend. I caught the last 3 shows of the season that day and now I'm hooked. I even skimmed the earlier shows while it was on my comcast on demand. Love the lead actress(I've never heard of Brooke Elliot before), and was she doing her own singing?

message 31: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments Yes, I believe it was her doing her own singing. She doesn't have an extensive biography on imdb, but it does indicate that she can sing. I really like this show and hope it sticks around for many more seasons.

message 32: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I second that!!! Love this show, and i hope that bitch Kim gets hers.

message 33: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I have to say, I think Deb/Jane's friend whose name currently fails me is my favorite character. I think she steels the show. I hope they find a way to write her in more.

message 34: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments Stacy is a great character. One of my all-time favorite scenes/lines from last season:

Stacy: They think I'm just a dumb blond.

Jane/Deb: You are so not...blond!

message 35: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Stacy is a great character, she was on Two And A Half Men as Candy. I also hope she gets more face time. I remember at the end of last season when Fred left, that Stacy didn't know who he was when Jane ask her about him. And when he came back this season, (yeah for us) and ask if he could stay with them they both said yes. Stacy was talking to him like an old friend. Did i miss something or did they just let her remember some stuff, but not everything?

To bad Kim's not pregnant, i for one would have liked that story line. :)

message 36: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I've been wondering about the Stacy/Fred/living situation thing too. I missed the last few episodes last season so I don't know if Jane explained something to Stacy. Also, Fred doesn't seem to be in love with her anymore. Perhaps does he not remember that part either?

message 37: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments I don't think Stacy remembers her little fling with Fred. I think she may remember him as the guy that used to work with Jane and works there again, but the romantic relationship is gone from her mind. I do think, however, that Fred still has a thing for her but just doesn't think it's worth losing his guardian angel status again. You could kind of see the attraction in this past week's episode when he was helping her with her arm envelope thing.

message 38: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments That was funny! She thought she was dreaming it up, and she stole it from some Japanese company on an infomercial. :)

message 39: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Oh Fred for sure is still into Stacey. I gotta say I really like this show. I think the writing is pretty good.

message 40: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments With Tony gone off to Washington, and Kim into the boss, that leaves an opening for Jane/Deb and Grayson. Despite Jane looking nothing like Deb, I think Grayson has always kind of felt a connection there.

message 41: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) I kind of have wondered that myself whether they will write that in. Guess time will tell.

message 42: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments That would be kind of cool, but as we all know office affairs never last. LOVE this show.

message 43: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Again another show that's so far so good. Funny with Jane's mother the other week. She's bi-polar and she played it well. This coming Sunday Jane comes face to face with Deb's/her mother. This should be good.

message 44: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments Poor Jane. Having to watch Grayson walk off with that other attorney. When is he going to wake up an realize that Jane is the soul he thought was his mate? Oh, well, when that happens, the show would lose its hook.

message 45: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments That sounds like the truth. It always happens that way. Keep them just friends.

message 46: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments I always think of LeeLee Sobieski as a kid. Seemed strange to see her as Deb's older half sister!

message 47: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I'm watching it tonight! Looking forward to it. :)

message 48: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 35 comments I think this Sunday is the 2 hour finale. Anyone going to watch?

message 49: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments Oh, yeah. I really like that show for some reason. The main character (actress) is very charismatic. What's funny is that my husband likes the show too. And he's a manly man. lol

message 50: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Yes. My DVR is set on go. Last week, this week, and next week is the summer finale for most of the summer shows.

« previous 1