Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Delete cover?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle (lanellewrites) | 21 comments I'm not sure if it's possible but I'd like my old book cover to be deleted. I've changed my author name and will be getting a brand new cover made, my book has not been released or distributed anywhere, thank you!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 2: by Vernice (new)

Vernice (fictionfantastic) | 52 comments Hi Lanelle. Unfortunately there are ratings on that book page, which indicates that it was available at some point. As such, we can't change any of the information as that would be incorrect to previous readers. We will also need to keep the name on the cover of the old book, although we can add your new penname as a secondary author. Once your new edition is available, we can set it as the primary edition on your page.

message 3: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle (lanellewrites) | 21 comments When I get my new cover made will that delete the old name because I don't want to confuse my readers, thank you.

message 4: by Vernice (new)

Vernice (fictionfantastic) | 52 comments As per the Librarian Manual:

In some cases, a book may be originally published under a pen name, but then later reissued under the author's original name. When this happens, the author listed for any and all editions should be the author name the book was originally published under - so the reissued edition would need its primary author name changed to the originally published pen name, with the additional name added as secondary for all editions with it on the cover. Doing this will allow the various editions to be combined.

message 5: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle (lanellewrites) | 21 comments Is there a way to prove that my book has never been published? Thank you!

message 6: by Paula (last edited May 25, 2017 03:57AM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments Was the book released / made available in any form as an advanced reader copy (ARC) or published / available for sale even for 1 day?

Do not remove data from the book record, ISBN's reinstated

message 7: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle (lanellewrites) | 21 comments No it's never been available.