What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Alcoholic female cop kills boy, becomes a prostitute, and investigates a different murder. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna | 7 comments I read this book about 1990 and it was a paperback that was shelved in the "men's fiction." I worked in a bookstore at that time.
It is about a female cop who is an alcoholic. She kills a boy who she mistakenly thought was holding a gun. She loses her job, husband, and kids and then her life gets bad and she becomes a prostitute. But then she learns that someone is murdering prostitutes and she begins to investigate this. She lives with another woman who calls her out on her bad housekeeping behavior. In the end she finds out a lot of stuff about the murder and I can't go into it without providing spoilers.
The book was a light blue, I think. And I think the author was female.

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna | 7 comments By the way, it was a crazy good book. I read it in a night and when I lent the book to others, they cursed me because they also couldn't put the book down.

☯ DαякєηRнαℓ  ❛ ᶜʳᵒᵘᶜʰᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ; ʰᶤᵈᵈᵉᶰ ᵗᶤᵗᵃᶰ ❜   (darkhearteternal) | 853 comments Okay this is probably not it, however it is SO similar that I don't know..... Maybe it is or maybe it isn't. Either way it might be just a good suggestion cause this book got me too, though it was more for the creepy voodoo in it lol - Cold Blood (Lorraine Page, #2) by Lynda La Plante

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna | 7 comments Omg, you're awesome! It is the same author and I looked it up and it's "Cold Shoulder," and the one you have is the 2nd book in the series. I totally forgot it was a series! Kisses!
Only prob is amazon doesn't have Cold Shoulder...so off to used bookstores I go.
But thank you!! :)

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna | 7 comments score! Found it on amazon. No kindle, sigh. But will arrive in a few days. :)

message 6: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1179 comments Book clicky Cold Shoulder

☯ DαякєηRнαℓ  ❛ ᶜʳᵒᵘᶜʰᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ; ʰᶤᵈᵈᵉᶰ ᵗᶤᵗᵃᶰ ❜   (darkhearteternal) | 853 comments Omgosh I was right?! Score! lol You're totally welcome and yes, mine is the second book, that is why I wasn't sure because everything else matched, only in this book she's a P.I. and not a prostitute. But I kind of forgot it was a series! This book found its way to me, not the other way round so I had no idea until I'd read it that it wasn't the first. But glad you got it man! Enjoy! :D