White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2) White Hot discussion

White Hot BR (May 30th)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Helen 2.0 Nevada Baylor has a unique and secret skill—she knows when people are lying—and she's used that magic (along with plain, hard work) to keep her colorful and close-knit family's detective agency afloat. But her new case pits her against the shadowy forces that almost destroyed the city of Houston once before, bringing Nevada back into contact with Connor "Mad" Rogan.

Rogan is a billionaire Prime—the highest rank of magic user—and as unreadable as ever, despite Nevada’s “talent.” But there’s no hiding the sparks between them. Now that the stakes are even higher, both professionally and personally, and their foes are unimaginably powerful, Rogan and Nevada will find that nothing burns like ice …

So far it's me and Francesca but anyone is welcome to join. The only rule is: hide your spoilers in spoiler tags! And make sure to mark which chapter the spoiler comes from.

We'll probably decide on a reading pace once we all have copies and know more about the chapter/page count.

Happy Reading!

Francesca ❆ Helen 2.0 wrote: "Nevada Baylor has a unique and secret skill—she knows when people are lying—and she's used that magic (along with plain, hard work) to keep her colorful and close-knit family's detective agency afl..."

Perfect!
This is gonna be awesome...can't wait! ;) o((*^▽^*))o

Helen 2.0 SO I GOT MY COPY!

*happy dance*

There's only 15 chapters but each chapter is pretty long. Shall we say 7 chapters a day? What do you think?

Francesca ❆ I just woke up and my copy was "sitting" in my shelf *yaaaas*

Yes! Let's try do 7 chapters, it should be fine :)

Helen 2.0 I'm already on Chapter 4. Lol. Couldn't wait.

Francesca ❆ Hahaha don't worry...I'm a fast reader ;)

Helen 2.0 Well I have a head start on you, probably because of time difference ^^ I'm in Europe.

Francesca ❆ Me too (Italy). I woke up super late and immediately had lunch so now I can dedicate all my time to it.....also, I'm so glad you're in my time zone, the majority of my other friends are either from the us or Australia

Helen 2.0 Lady Shadow (Francesca) wrote: "Me too (Italy). I woke up super late and immediately had lunch so now I can dedicate all my time to it.....also, I'm so glad you're in my time zone, the majority of my other friends are either from..."

Wow! You and I are really close :) I'm in Austria.

Francesca ❆ Omg!!!!!! You literally are at a 8 hours drive! *_*

Francesca ❆ Just finished chapter 7. Oh. My. God.

Helen 2.0 Yeah... Chapter 7 was really something.

(view spoiler)

Francesca ❆ Sorry for the late reply, I had a crazy day.

(view spoiler)

message 14: by Helen 2.0 (last edited May 31, 2017 12:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Helen 2.0 Lady Shadow (Francesca) wrote: "Sorry for the late reply, I had a crazy day."

No problem. I'm kind of behind on my reading today anyway.

Spoilers through Chapter 10 (the charity ball): (view spoiler)

Francesca ❆ Don't worry, I'm almost done but I need to reread all the notes before I write some incorrect spoilers.

Spoilers until chapter 10:
(view spoiler)

Helen 2.0 Lady Shadow (Francesca) wrote: "Don't worry, I'm almost done but I need to reread all the notes before I write some incorrect spoilers.

Spoilers until chapter 10:.."

(view spoiler)

message 17: by Francesca ❆ (last edited May 31, 2017 03:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Francesca ❆ I have no idea...
Yes! I have so many questions about her family, her genealogy, the rules of magic etc...

(view spoiler)

message 18: by Tarala (last edited May 31, 2017 08:17PM) (new)

Tarala I finished the book (view spoiler)

Francesca ❆ That's is a great theory Tarala, (view spoiler)

Helen 2.0 Tarala wrote: "I finished the book No way Rhynda didn't know and is not involved. She is so empathic that she can pick up on a strangers emotions but not her mothers. I trust no one who is too good or sweet or f..."

Well there's also the theory making rounds that (view spoiler)

Francesca ❆ Helen 2.0 wrote: "Tarala wrote: "I finished the book No way Rhynda didn't know and is not involved. She is so empathic that she can pick up on a strangers emotions but not her mothers. I trust no one who is too good..."

Yes! I saw it on the group's thread and it makes so much sense!

Did you finish? I'm on chapter 14

Helen 2.0 Lady Shadow (Francesca) wrote: "Helen 2.0 wrote: "Tarala wrote: "I finished the book No way Rhynda didn't know and is not involved. She is so empathic that she can pick up on a strangers emotions but not her mothers. I trust no o..."

Almost done.

Francesca ❆ Nice! *runs back to writing all the spoilers* :):):)

Helen 2.0 Done and so happy there's a Wildfire teaser at the end of copy :D

message 25: by Tarala (last edited Jun 01, 2017 12:43PM) (new)

Tarala Lady Shadow (Francesca) wrote: "That's is a great theory Tarala, [spoilers removed]"

My thought is no one is honest about their talents. Also it looks like people are underestimating the power of empathy. When you truly understand someone there is nothing you can't manipulate them to do. Her entire life she can see not only what her words and actions can do to people but everyone around her. If she had nefarious goals and she's powerful enough she could bend the city to her will. What I really don't like is that every other woman we've met in this series is formidable in their own right except for her. That's just suspicious.

Francesca ❆ Helen 2.0 wrote: "Done and so happy there's a Wildfire teaser at the end of copy :D"

Chapter 10: (view spoiler)

Chapter 11: (view spoiler)

Chapter12: (view spoiler)

Chapter 13:(view spoiler)

Chapter14:(view spoiler)

Chapter15:(view spoiler)

The Wildfire teaser is so juicy! I can't wait to have it! Eight weeks left! :(

message 27: by Francesca ❆ (last edited Jun 02, 2017 08:15AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Francesca ❆ Tarala wrote: "Lady Shadow (Francesca) wrote: "That's is a great theory Tarala, [spoilers removed]"

My thought is no one is honest about their talents. Also it looks like people are underestimating the power of ..."

Yes! That's a very valid reasoning...also, her mom was a manipulator, no way she hasn't picked some of that up....and why did she married an herbologist?

message 28: by Helen 2.0 (last edited Jun 02, 2017 12:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Helen 2.0 Lady Shadow (Francesca) wrote: "Eight weeks left!"

eight weeks.

Eight weeks.

EIGHT WEEKS.

Excuse me while I...

Francesca ❆ Helen 2.0 wrote: "Lady Shadow (Francesca) wrote: "Eight weeks left!"

eight weeks.

Eight weeks.

EIGHT WEEKS.

Excuse me while I...
"

SAME.

Helen 2.0 Lady Shadow (Francesca) wrote: "Helen 2.0 wrote: "Done and so happy there's a Wildfire teaser at the end of copy :D"

Chapter 10: [spoilers removed]"

That chapter with (view spoiler)

Francesca ❆ Helen 2.0 wrote: "That chapter with..."

Yes!!!!! It was so fun and it came out of nowhere XD and how Nevada didn't want them to get hurt!!

message 32: by Tarala (new)

Tarala Is it possible that Cornelius is a prime? If not what can a prime do that he can't? (view spoiler) It looks like being a prime is more trouble than it's worth.

Francesca ❆ Tarala wrote: "Is it possible that Cornelius is a prime? If not what can a prime do that he can't? [spoilers removed] It looks like being a prime is more trouble than it's worth."

Maybe? I can see his family either hiding his true ranking since he didn't want to be politically active or him directly hiding it for the same reason, or maybe he was a late bloomer?
The difference between Primes and Averages or Significants or Notables is the level of magic they can wield.

message 34: by Nightmarish-Moon (last edited Jun 03, 2017 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nightmarish-Moon Hi ! Can I enter this discussion ? XD

Lady Shadow >
(view spoiler)

Helen 2.0>
About your comment on chapter 11 (view spoiler)

On your Chapter 13 : (view spoiler)

On chapter 15 : (view spoiler)

Ninja Ferrets !!!! But seriously, Leon 's comments were EPIC too

As for Rynda.... (view spoiler)

message 35: by Helen 2.0 (last edited Jun 04, 2017 01:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Helen 2.0 Nightmarish-Moon wrote: "Hi ! Can I enter this discussion ? XD."

Hey there :)

About Chapter 15: (view spoiler)

About Rynda: (view spoiler)

Helen 2.0 Tarala wrote: "Is it possible that Cornelius is a prime? If not what can a prime do that he can't? [spoilers removed] It looks like being a prime is more trouble than it's worth."

I think with magic users, especially animal mages and their bonds, not only raw power but also strength of mind and practice matters. Cornelius said himself he spends a huge amount of time training his animals and building bonds with them - I think it's his dedication, more than his power ranking, that makes him so good with animals.
Also evident with Rogan - he's a Prime, but certainly more powerful and remarkable than other telekinetic Primes. That trick with the chopstick in Burn for Me - damn. So what sets him apart is tight concentration, willpower, and military discipline.
So, basically: I think power rank matters, but individual strengths matter quite a bit as well.

message 37: by Helen 2.0 (last edited Jun 04, 2017 01:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Helen 2.0 About Rogan's "dual" comment, IA said this in a recent blog post:

(view spoiler)

So there you go!

Also in the blog post: Ilona Andrews announced that they will write at least one more Hidden Legacy book after Wildfire! WOOT WOOT

See for yourself

Nightmarish-Moon Helen 2.0>

On chapter 13 (view spoiler)

On Chapter 15 (view spoiler)

I'm going to catch up with all the spoilers post and that article you mentioned but since I read somewhere that the end of Wildfire was not really an end, I'm so GLAD there's another book. I don't want to be left hungry ! But..... IT'S GOING TO BE TORTURE TO WAIT ARRGGGHHH

message 39: by Tarala (new)

Tarala Helen 2.0 wrote: "Nightmarish-Moon wrote: "Hi ! Can I enter this discussion ? XD."

About Chapter 15: [spoilers removed]

About Rynda: I agree with Nevada's assessment that if Rynda manages to break a..."

I don't believe that for a second. (view spoiler)

Helen 2.0 Tarala wrote: "Helen 2.0 wrote: "Nightmarish-Moon wrote: "Hi ! Can I enter this discussion ? XD."

About Chapter 15: [spoilers removed]."

Lol you really dislike Rynda, don't you? Can't blame you. She's too perfect to be likable.

Nightmarish-Moon "Perfect" Oo' ?!
(view spoiler)

Tarala> I was quite shocked about that part with Cornelius in fact xD

Helen 2.0 Nightmarish-Moon wrote: ""Perfect" Oo' ?! "

Beautiful, rich, powerful, kindhearted. At least in the persona she gives to the public, Rynda is definitely perfect.

As for (view spoiler)

Not sure how I ended up defending Rynda... it's not like I really like her all that much lol.

Nightmarish-Moon Helen 2.0 wrote: "Nightmarish-Moon wrote: ""Perfect" Oo' ?! "

Beautiful, rich, powerful, kindhearted. At least in the persona she gives to the public, Rynda is definitely perfect.

As for [spoilers removed]

Not s..."

Lol =p Ah, I missed the Augustine's refusal part Oo' (my mistake... I read so fast the end because I was at the same time eager to have a glance at Wildfire and scared to have more questions xD).
And, yeah, to the public, she indeed is ^^

(view spoiler)

message 44: by Tarala (new)

Tarala Helen 2.0 wrote: "

Lol you really dislike Rynda, don't you? Can..."

I really don't. I hate emotional manipulations. (view spoiler)

The more I think about it the less I like her and the more I'm on grandma's side. I really don't like her.

Helen 2.0 Nightmarish-Moon wrote: "Helen 2.0 wrote: "Nightmarish-Moon wrote: ""Perfect" Oo' ?! "

As for [spoile..."

Whaaaaaat? (view spoiler)

Helen 2.0 Tarala wrote: "Helen 2.0 wrote: "

Lol you really dislike Rynda, don't you? Can..."

I really don't. I hate emotional manipulations. I get it she needs help and she's mad about her mom being killed. But she goes..."

I agree that Rynda (view spoiler)

message 47: by Nightmarish-Moon (last edited Jun 05, 2017 04:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nightmarish-Moon Tarala> I think that Nevada's mom main point was (view spoiler)

Helen 2.0 > Yep I don't believe Augustine (view spoiler)

Francesca ❆ Hi guys! Sorry for the radio silence, I had a family emergency.

Nightmarish-Moon wrote:
Hi ! Can I enter this discussion ? XD...

Hi there! Of course you can!
About your comment: (view spoiler)

Reading about all your theories is so good! Also, you guys are making me distrust every character XD
Only 44days until Wildfire comes out!!

Francesca ❆ Also, Ilona just posted on her blog 4 snippets with Wildfire's chapter 2!!!! Gahhh I'm so excited!!

Nightmarish-Moon Hi Lady Shadow !
(view spoiler)

Yeah, the more I read things the more I distrust everybody except Rogan and Nevada (+Bern+Catalina+Arabella)
(view spoiler)

« previous 1