Brandon Mull Lovers discussion

The Big Theory

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (new)

Ian Holmqvist (acdcfan) | 5 comments In the topic "Favorite Characters," I realized that Ferrin and Vanessa are extremely similar characters. Well, after that, I started cooking up a big theory that, at least between Fablehaven and Beyonders (I haven't read the other series... how to do plural for "series," anyway?) each character has a twin in the other series. Some, for instance, Drake=Newel+Doren, have two, and some have none. Grandpa Sorenson=Galloran, and especially.... the Sphinx = Maldor! This topic is for people to build off of this idea, add their own, criticize it, etc.

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie Conn | 14 comments I totally see how people thought Ferrin/Vanessa were untrustworthy at first, and then they actually helped a lot!!

message 3: by B (new)

B (deathandchocolate) | 8 comments Interesting theory... I like the Ferrin/ Vanessa one, but I don't know that I agree with the rest of them. For instance, I don't think the Sphinx and Maldor are that alike - Maldor was truly evil; the Sphinx seemed a lot more human. Also, Galloran and Grandpa Sorenson don't strike me as that similar. And if anything, I'd equate Drake with Warren, not Newel and Doren.

I guess you could say they fit into the same archetypes - the hero, the villain, the traitor-turned-ally; but these characters exist in every story.

message 4: by Ian (new)

Ian Holmqvist (acdcfan) | 5 comments I agree with your logic. I was thinking for the Sphinx and Maldor, they both are really good villains that are always seemingly one step ahead of you, but I agree, the Sphinx is a lot different as a person, where as Maldor seems closer to Nagi Luna/Graulas. Galloran probably is closer to Patton than Grandpa Sorenson. What I was thinking with Drake was that he is a really humorous person, but Warren fits him a lot more nicely. Speaking of which, who would Newel and Doren be?