Old Souls Book Club discussion

Inspiration > Feeling busy-busy? How to slowwww down time!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Saiisha (new)

Saiisha | 544 comments Mod
Ever come up for air and wonder where the time's gone? If you were lost in a pleasant reverie, there's nothing wrong with that! By all means, do more of that!!

However if you're feeling like time's flying by because of blindly going through routines, there is a remedy for that!

Paying attention!
Our attention is often affected when we're stressed, or over-worked. The more we worry, the more blurry time feels. Mindless distraction can make us feel like we're losing days, weeks and years...

But the more we can pay attention, notice new (or old) things, be fully present, it can ACTUALLY slow down our brain's perception of time!

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 127 comments So true Saiisha, but the sad part is how difficult it is to practice mindfulness after you've been a multi-tasker for 20 years or more. Multi-tasking is a horrible habit! I've been working on slowing down and becomming more mindful for the last three years and I can say I LOVE it! Life is richer and stress free. A book I've read that goes along with this is 'Don't Just Do Something, Sit There: A Mindfulness Retreat' by Sylvia Boorstein.

message 3: by Saiisha (new)

Saiisha | 544 comments Mod
Barbara wrote: "So true Saiisha, but the sad part is how difficult it is to practice mindfulness after you've been a multi-tasker for 20 years or more. Multi-tasking is a horrible habit! I've been working on slowi..."

You're so right Barbara - multitasking misleads us into thinking we're getting a lot done (and maybe we are), but we're missing out on the moment by moment passing of time - I like how you said it - that paying attention makes life richer!! (Thanks for the book recommendation)