Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to Read YA

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiara (last edited May 24, 2017 05:57PM) (new)

Kiara | 4 comments Hi guys! I'm new to beta reading, but I'm really interested in reading some new work. I'll try to give some good feedback.

I am best suited to read YA or NA (especially contemporary, LGBTQ+, romance, and coming of age).

No fantasy or anything over 80k.

If interested, please comment your genre, word count, and a quick synopsis. I'll pm you if I want to read. Thanks!

message 2: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1166 comments Hello Kiara,

As written, this is third in a series. However, because the protagonist is 17 when the story starts, I've been considering marketing this as the first and targeting YA/NA. I've had some feedback that the concept may be feasible, but would like some more input, if you're interested.

The sex and violence is non-graphical.

Diary of a Contract Killer

Book 3: Training Manual

Logline: Training a psychopathic killer.

(first draft ~90%; target ~80K) Contemporary YA/NA fiction, with elements of spy, crime and espionage tied together with an unconventional coming of age story. Told in first-person alternating between present-tense and flashbacks to relevant training.

I was kidnapped at 8 by a total stranger. Held prisoner in his house. Subject to continuous exhausting training where I was beaten every time I failed or lost focus. The training was carefully designed to turn me into a spy/assassin. Nearly 10 years later, my training is complete and I’m on my first mission. My first chance to escape. This is my story…

Go inside Angelina’s mind as she puts her training to work and learns confidence in herself.

Can she reconcile herself to her alien situation? Can she manage as team lead? Will her trained reflexes be enough to save her family?

message 3: by Kiara (new)

Kiara | 4 comments Keith wrote: "Hello Kiara,

As written, this is third in a series. However, because the protagonist is 17 when the story starts, I've been considering marketing this as the first and targeting YA/NA. I've had so..."

I'll take a look. Can you send the first chapter to kiara.bell37@gmail.com ?