Blue Lake Academy discussion

Places > Music Studio

Comments Showing 1-50 of 141 (141 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Catherine (last edited May 24, 2017 03:16PM) (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments With computers, recording booths, microphone stands, speakers, AMPs, monitors, instruments, and more, the music studio is the perfect place for musicians to make the next big hit or just hang out and play music!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Perched on the edge of a stool outside the recording area, Niko waiting eagerly for Johanna. She'd been excited over it for a while by then, and her group mates enthusiasm over their project had only made her even more happy. The recording studio was a very familiar place for her, so she felt right at home in that moment.

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Johanna walked in to the room and immediately felt intimidated. Everything was so fancy! Who was she to try to write a song? She wasn't that good! Her fears calmed slightly when she noticed Niko, then spiked again. Niko had done this before, but what if she thought of Johanna as an amateur and wished she hadn't agreed to do this? Johanna walked over to Niko and sat down, giving her a weak smile.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Niko grinned at Johanna as soon as she entered, her mind completely passing over the fact that her friend seemed nervous. "You ready?" she asked as she slipped off the stool and grabbed her notebook off the table. "I was thinking, and it might be easier if we do a cover or something first, just to get used to the studio." In truth, Niko was more afraid of what people would say if she tried to write lyrics- she was never too skilled with words.

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Johanna blushed, "I'm not too familiar with this. Is the cover the design or photo for the single?" She thought it probably wasn't, but that's what it sounded like. She was glad Niko was here to guide her through.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Niko shook her head. "It's like... if we were to sing an already made song! We wouldn't be able to sell it or anything, but it'd still be fun," she explained with a reassuring smile.

message 7: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Oh, okay," Johanna expressed. "What song do you think? And so we use the recording booth and take turns, then put it together?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"Sure!" Niko said in agreement before pulling out her phone and scrolling through the list she had made. "Well... I don't have many," she admitted, biting her lip abut at the sorry sight before her eyes. "Maybe Paper Hearts or We Don't Talk Anymore?"

message 9: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Let's do 'We Don't Talk Anymore,'" Johanna told her. "Do you want to sing Charlie Puth or Selena Gomez's part?"

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

"I don't think my voice is good enough for me to be the one to decide!" she exclaimed with a nervous laugh. "You choose."

message 11: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Johanna laughed, "I love your voice, but I'm not sure. Charlie Puth sings more, but you have a slightly deeper voice than mine so you may be better for the part."

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Niko nodded. "Alright! This is gonna be fun," she said as she broke out in an excited grin, already pulling up the lyrics on her phone.

message 13: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Johanna grinned. "Yeah," she pulled out her phone. "Should I get up the instrumental version for us to sing to, or should we sing a capella?"

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Going through a few vocal warmups under her breath, Niko turned to answer. "A cappella would be really neat, but if you want to do instrumental that's cool too," she answered before going back to the warmup.

message 15: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "A capella then," Johanna said with a small smile, starting to warm up as well. She quietly sang the scales in several different versions and some made-up funny sentences she used. She flushed slightly on one of the more ridiculous ones, but continued despite her embarrassment.

She then pulled up the lyrics on her phone and hummed the tune to herself.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Thankful that most of the silly ones were in korean for Niko, she finished and offered Johanna a smile. "You first or me?"

message 17: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "You should probably go first since you have the experience," Johanna told her. "Charlie Puth sings first anyway. So maybe record your pieces, record mine, and then the together pieces?"

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Niko nodded, walking into the studio and carefully shutting the door behind her. She walked over to the microphone in the center of the small area as she waited for Johanna to be ready to record, and upon getting the okay, began to sing. She poured all her emotion into her voice, not particularly noticing how good or bad she sounded.

message 19: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Johanna, doing the controls using a step-by-step online tutorial, was amazed by Niko's talent. When Niko was finishing, Johanna stood up and applauded, grinning.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Taking a deep breath, Niko grinned wildly and gave a silent bow before exiting the small room and clapping Johanna on the back. "That was really fun! How'd I do?"

message 21: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Fantastic," Johanna told her, grinning. "I'm up next!" She double-checked the lyrics on her phone before entering the booth and putting on a headset. She looked at Niko, checking if she was ready.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Taking a seat in the swivel chair by the board, Niko gave her a thumbs up and began to record. The action just felt natural for her- her and Hyeri had been the ones to spend the most time in the studio of all the members.

message 23: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Johanna smiled and broke into the song. She thought about her last boyfriend. They had ended on good terms, but weren't in contact, just like the song. She poured those emotions into her singing, "I just hope you're..."

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Niko smiled as the song went on, loosing herself in the soft melody of Johanna's voice. She truly was talented, and her voice heavenly.

message 25: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Johanna finished her section sadly, "Oh, it's such a shame." She pulled off the headset and grinned at Niko, exiting the booth. "How did I sound? I tried to put emotion in, did it work? And we're up together next!" She realized she was doing her old nervous habit of rapid-fire talking.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"You were amazing!" she exclaimed, standing from her chair and quickly adjusting the setup so it would record without someone having to watch.

message 27: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Let's go!" Johanna announced, grinning. She checked the lyrics one more time on her phone and entered the booth, waiting for Niko.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Once she finished, Niko jogged into the room before taking a deep breath, giving Johanna the signal, and beginning to sing. It was just like old times-her and her friend, recording in a fancy booth, not really giving a thought to the outside. It was just her, Johanna, and their voices.

message 29: by Catherine (last edited Jun 09, 2017 03:44PM) (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments When Niko gave the signal, Johanna began again, pouring her emotions in but being careful to match Niko, not being much louder or quieter than her and not being too dramatic. She enjoyed it, but made sure to concentrate.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Although she knew Johanna as a friend, Niko had the overwhelming urge to do perfect. It was almost as if she were back in Korea, trying to do better than her. eat to avoid the hurtful eye of the critical employees. Taking a breath, she reminded herself that she was okay- she was done and gone with them, and they shouldn't bother her. So she sang, and poured her heart into it.

message 31: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments As the song ended, Johanna exited the booth and stopped the recording. She looked at Niko with a huge grin on her face, "That was awesome. Should we play back the recording?"

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Niko nodded, a smile playing over her lips as she silently trailed out of the studio and into the editing room. Leaning forward, she carefully pressed the button to replay it.

message 33: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Johanna took a deep breath to calm her nerves. Niko had said she had sounded nice, and besides, it was just a practice song. A faint smile started as the recording began to play back.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

The recording, the Niko's great enjoyment, was a pleasant success. Only a few sections needed to be re-done, and once the track was put all together, only a few small edits would need to be done. "We did really well!" Niko exclaimed, high fiving Johan a once it was done.

message 35: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Yay!" Johanna exclaimed, high-fiving Niko back. "Are we gonna edit it and everything or just move on to writing/recording our song?"

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Niko thought about it for a moment. "Well, since my parents made me leave the group really abruptly, I'm sure I still have access to the group's twitter and youtube, so if we edit and post the cover there we'll get a lot of views," she explained. "But if we want to do something where we earn money, then we should do our own."

message 37: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Oh, hmm," Johanna expressed thoughtfully. "So publicity or faster money? Also, we could always make our own Twitter and YouTube. What do you think?"

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Niko rain a hand through her silky black hair as she thought. "I think that we should do that! Making our own channel and account would be a lot better!"

message 39: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Okay!" Johanna agreed. "How about you work on the song editing and stuff since you know what you're doing and I'll make the accounts?"

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"Alright!" she responded, happily shoving a headset on over her ears and beginning to piece together the music clips.

message 41: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Awesome!" Johanna interjected. She had been worried Niko would think she was being bossy there for a minute.. She pulled up YouTube on her phone and started making an account. "Should we use our real names or have like a band name?"

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"Its up to you," Niko answered, temporarily pulling her headphones down so they hung around her neck. She swiveled in her chair to face her. "What would some band names be?"

message 43: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "I mean, there are some weird band names out there. More common bands are Twenty One Pilots, Fifth Harmony, The Chainsmokers, and One Direction. Maybe someone with 'two' in the name? Or 'second?'"

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Niko bit her lip, thinking about it. "Maybe Second Chance? I dunno," she confessed with a shrug.

message 45: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "I actually really like that!" Johanna exclaimed. "Second Chance. It's catchy and simple." She typed it on her phone and continued filling it out. "What's your phone number? I'll text you the login."

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

After telling her her number, Niko pulled out her phone and looked at the text before logging in. "Cool! Do you want to work on, like..." Niko snapped as she tried to come up with the words. "Introduction video?"

message 47: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "You mean, like, the thing with our logo that kinda spins it around before the video starts?" Johanna asked, unsure of what the correct term was either.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Niko bit her lip as she thought of how to phrase it. "No- I mean, that's cool to work on too- but like, a short video introducing us and who we are?"

message 49: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Oh, sure," Johanna pulled up her camera and switched it to video mode. "What do you think it should be like?"

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

(( oml i'm so sorry i missed this! ))

Niko shrugged. "It's up to you! I just need to finish editing, and then I'll be free to help," she told her with a smile.

« previous 1 3