The Hogwartians Group discussion

Games > Q & A

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Morrow (SCMorrow) | 377 comments Mod
Let's start a Q & A game! Basically you will post a question, like What is Filch's cat named? The next person will answer the previous question and ask a new question. So!

What is Filch's cat named?

message 2: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) MRS. NORRIS!!!

message 3: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) What color are Winky's eyes?

message 4: by Savannah (new)

Blue??

If so

Who is Mafalda Hopkerk?

message 5: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) (No they were brown ^^)

Is Mafalda Hopkerk the lady who had the Huffelpuff cup in book six?

message 6: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 178 comments No, it was Hepzibah Smith (I think that's her name, correct me if I'm wrong.)

In Deathly Hallows, who was the Professor of Muggle Studies? (In the beginning, not later)

message 7: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Jordan wrote: "No, it was Hepzibah Smith (I think that's her name, correct me if I'm wrong.)

In Deathly Hallows, who was the Professor of Muggle Studies? (In the beginning, not later)"

If she's not, then I totally don't know who she is! OOPS!

message 8: by Pandy (new)

Pandy Mafalda Hopkirk works in the Improper Use of Magic department at the Ministry of Magic. She signs the letters sent to Harry when magic is used at Privet Drive and is the witch Hermione transforms into using Polyjuice Potion in DH.

Charity Burbage is the Muggle Studies teacher Voldemort kills in the beginning of DH.

Who are the two Death Eaters that come to Xenophilius's house to capture Harry?

message 9: by Savannah (new)

Selwyn and Travers

In what book was Sirius first mentioned?

message 10: by Pandy (new)

Pandy The first book - Hagrid tells Dumbledore and McGonagall he borrowed the flying motorbike from Sirius Black.

When is Mundungus Fletcher first mentioned?

message 11: by Savannah (new)

the second book, Mr. Weasley was complaining about him in the third chapter.

How many times in the series did Harry cast an Unforgivable Curse?

message 12: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Once....no was it twice?

message 13: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Pandy wrote: "Mafalda Hopkirk works in the Improper Use of Magic department at the Ministry of Magic. She signs the letters sent to Harry when magic is used at Privet Drive and is the witch Hermione transforms i..."

Was she the person on the table? =/

message 14: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 178 comments Janeen-san (The Girl Who Lept Through Time FAN!!) wrote: Was she the person on the table?

What table? I'm confused.

message 15: by Pandy (new)

Pandy (Do you mean Charity Burbage? Yeah, she's the one that's revolving over the table, as though strung up by an invisible rope.)

message 16: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Jordan wrote: " Janeen-san (The Girl Who Lept Through Time FAN!!) wrote: Was she the person on the table?

What table? I'm confused."

(In the first chapter, there was someone--Charity Burbage--floating over the table; I think Voldemort did Crucio on her, I don't remember. I seriously need to reread that book. :D)

message 17: by Savannah (new)

so.... Back to the game!!!

here's a hint, it's more that once. (That is refering back to message 11.)

(Also, New rule! Please do not answer the question unless you are more than 90% sure that you are right, and please know the answer to the question you asked.)

message 18: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) (Good rule! Ok)

message 19: by Pandy (last edited Aug 05, 2009 04:31PM) (new)

Pandy About your question, Savannah, do Harry's attempts count? He first tries to use the Cruciatus Curse on Bellatrix, in OotP, but only succeeds in knocking her of her feet. In HBP he tries to use the Cruciatus Curse on Snape twice, but Snape blocks him, so he doesn't get past Cruc. Harry uses the Imperius Curse on Bogrod and Yaxley twice, though perhaps not strong enough. He succesfully uses the Cruciatus curse on Amycus, so disregarding the two curses Snape blocks before Harry can complete them, and counting the others (including the one in OotP), I'm going to say 6, but I don't know if you're counting the both curses on Bogrod and Yaxley and the curse on Bellatrix (since he doesn't do it properly), or if I missed any.

Who is the editor of the Daily Prophet?

message 20: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) But if Harry did all those HORRIBLE Unforgivable Curses, (But thankfully for an inportant reason,) why wasn't he sent to Azkaban??

message 21: by Jordan (last edited Aug 06, 2009 01:39PM) (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 178 comments Janeen-san (The Girl Who Lept Through Time FAN!!) wrote: "But if Harry did all those HORRIBLE Unforgivable Curses, (But thankfully for an inportant reason,) why wasn't he sent to Azkaban??"

That's a good question. Weren't some of them performed after the Ministry was infiltrated by Voldemort, and all the "bad stuff" was no longer punishable?

message 22: by Savannah (new)

I think that maybe since he did it for a good cause, and who knows if the Ministry even knows, that hewould not be punnished.

Pandy, I was including Harry's attempts, so you are right.

Can we please get back to the game?????!

What is the name of Aunt Marge's bulldog that she brought to the Dursleys in POA?

message 23: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 178 comments Ripper

In POA, the Dursleys tell the neighbors (and Aunt Marge) that Harry attends a special school. What is the name of the school?

message 24: by Savannah (new)

St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal Boys

In OOTP, who are the Ravenclaw prefects?

message 25: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Umm....

message 26: by Pandy (new)

Pandy Padma Patil and Anthony Goldstein

I'll post this again:

Who is the editor of the Daily Prophet?

message 27: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) I FORGET!! AHHHH!! AND MY BROTHER TOLD ME THIS MORNING!!!

message 28: by Savannah (new)

Banabus Cuffe

By the end of DH, how many Weasleys are there still living that are mention in the book.

message 29: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 178 comments Including relatives? Or just the family?

message 30: by Savannah (new)

Including people who marry into the family. Or anyone who has had the name. (Like Ginny)

message 31: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Hugo, Rose, Harry, Fluer, Molly, Arthur, Ginny, Charlie, Bill, George, Albus Severus, Lily, James, Percy, Hermione, Teddy, Victoire, Roxanne, Angelina, Louis, Lucy, Molly II, Fred II, Dominique, Audrey,(Percy's wife)

Twenty-five!! ^_^

message 32: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 178 comments Janeen-san (The Girl Who Lept Through Time FAN!!) wrote: " Hugo, Rose, Harry, Fluer, Molly, Arthur, Ginny, Charlie, Bill, George, Albus Severus, Lily, James, Percy, Hermione, Teddy, Victoire, Roxanne, Angelina, Louis, Lucy, Molly II, Fred II, Dominique, A..."

Impressive. Savannah, is she right?

message 33: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) *jumps up and down* IMPRESSIVE!! YAAY!!

message 34: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) (Cool, you colored your flying monkey!)

message 35: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 178 comments Janeen-san (The Girl Who Lept Through Time FAN!!) wrote: "(Cool, you colored your flying monkey!)"

Yep.

So...is she right? I tried listing them, but gave up...

message 36: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) WIKIPEDIA IS THE KEY.

message 37: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 178 comments cheater! :D After I gave up, I went here...http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Main and saw the list...

message 38: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) :D

message 39: by Savannah (new)

For the most part, yes. I was thinking the people mentioned just in the books though, but great job anyway! Now you can ask a new question!

message 40: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Yay!!

message 41: by Savannah (new)

do what to post a new question please?

message 42: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Where does Charlie study dragons?

message 43: by Savannah (new)

Romania

What is Dumbledore's favorite flavor of jam?

message 44: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Er...I forget.

message 45: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 178 comments Isn't it raspberry?

message 46: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Um...I don't know. It might be.

message 47: by Savannah (new)

Jordan's right!
Now, Jordan asks a new question!

message 48: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) YAY SHE'S RIGHT!! (In what book did it say?)

message 49: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 178 comments (Um, I think it was in HBP, when Dumbledore comes to get Harry. It was his security question, to make sure that no one was impersonating him.)
Since I'm feeling sick...

What disease does Ron have in Deathly Hallows which supposedly prevents him from attending Hogwarts?

message 50: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) SPATTERGROIT!

« previous 1