Play Book Tag discussion

The Collector
This topic is about The Collector
Archive: Other Books > The Collector - Nora Roberts - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 1053 comments Lila Emerson is a house sitter and writer. While living in one apartment and between writing sessions she watches three neighbors and imagines their lives. One night unable to sleep she'd viewing one neighbor when she realizes there is real trouble and the woman is shoved out the window. She calls 911 and becomes the only eye witness. Later its determined the staged murder/suicide was double murder. She inadvertently meets the male victim's brother at the police station. She offers comfort and he wants details. Gradually they are working together to find out what really happened and what his brother was involved in. The killer is now after them and the object d'art the brother had hidden away.

Very good romantic suspense with typical Roberts' characterization. The hero's extended family situation was a little unbelievable, but it's fiction. Lila's binocular watching was a bit unethical for a heroine and her and her best friend's way of meeting and becoming friends was again good for fiction but not real for me.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7695 comments I also liked this one quite a bit and thought it was one of her better stand-alone novels in recent years. I remember really liking the best friend and the other guy...a chef or a baker or something like that.

I agree that spying on neighbors is probably a bit unethical and meetings are always unrealistic but I think that is what I like most about them! lol.

This makes me want to read more Nora...

message 3: by Barbara M (new) - added it

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2184 comments Nicole R wrote: "This makes me want to read more Nora... ..."

And that is new ... how?

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7695 comments Hahaha...you are right, it is not new at all. I have been wanting to reread her Bride Quartet but there are just so many other great books to read!

message 5: by Raine (new)

Raine (rainelu) | 220 comments I have this book and haven't picked it up yet - maybe I will!