Undead & UnRead Book Club - Frisco Public Library discussion

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms (Inheritance, #1)
This topic is about The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms
2017 Meetings > The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy Gideon | 271 comments Mod
We'll be meeting June 13th to discuss The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms. Let's get the discussion started! Post your comments, questions and observations about the book in this thread.

Minx (minxreadsalot) I couldn't get enough but at the same time I didn't want it at all, lol.

Courtney (courtneyparkervo) | 18 comments I started this and am enjoying it. I have never really read this genre.

Kristen | 6 comments I read this a few years back and it's interesting to see what parts I remember and what parts I don't. I will say that I have always loved the beginning. It does a really good job of grabbing the reader. I'm looking forward to talking about this in a few weeks!

Kristen | 6 comments In case anyone is curious, the author has posted a pronunciation guide for those who want it. She does say that it doesn't matter how you read the names but she made it anyway. See link below.

http://nkjemisin.com/2010/02/a-name-p...

Minx (minxreadsalot) Kristen wrote: "In case anyone is curious, the author has posted a pronunciation guide for those who want it. She does say that it doesn't matter how you read the names but she made it anyway. See link below.

htt..."

That's quite helpful, thanks! :D

Kristen | 6 comments Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "Kristen wrote: "In case anyone is curious, the author has posted a pronunciation guide for those who want it. She does say that it doesn't matter how you read the names but she made it anyway. See ..."

You're welcome. I now know, through this guide and the audiobook, that I have been saying Yeine's name wrong all this time.

Kristen | 6 comments i'm looking forward to discussing this tonight! See you all there!

message 9: by Kristen (last edited Jul 11, 2017 05:17PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristen | 6 comments So i just wanted to put down our collective thoughts on the book after our meeting.

We all thought it was an interesting idea but we all struggled with relating to the characters, leading us to not really care about their story arcs. Also, there were many areas that could have been fleshed out to make the world more intriguing. There were simply too many unanswered questions and rushed characterizations to make this an amazing book.

Let me know if i missed anything. I enjoyed meeting you all and look forward to next time.

Undead & UnRead Book Club - Frisco Public Library

unread topics | mark unread