Space Opera Fans discussion

Space Opera Movie/TV tie-ins > Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A. D. Perales (new)

A. D. Perales (adperales) | 6 comments This is a movie from Luc Besson coming out this summer. I liked the comics a lot! The comics inspired a lot of the visionaries back in the day like George Lucas' Star Wars.

The final trailer came out this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcIlQ...

If anything, it looks like it's going to be a visual masterpiece. I love the colors and the visual worldbuilding.

I'm not very hot on the actors they cast as Valerian and Laureline. They just don't seem to have much charisma themselves and together. I hope it's just the trailer cuts being bad but. . yeah. I'm cautiously optimistic for this film, I guess hahaha

message 2: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie (ronnieb) | 321 comments August it comes out in the UK. Looking forward to it myself, it'll be a nice change from the usual Summer Blockbuster fare.

But I get what you're saying about the two leads, Dane DeHaan in particular is just *odd* looking.
I've no real opinion about his acting ability one way or the other, I've only ever seen him in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".

message 3: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 880 comments Mod
Looks really fun. I just wish it wasn't 3D.

message 4: by Steph (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 302 comments I hope it's got the humour of The Fifth Element. I love that film.

message 5: by Joel (new)

Joel | 23 comments I'm pretty sold on the visuals, just hope the acting and story are as equally good.