YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Orca Whale (s) chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 162 (162 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Siobhan (last edited May 31, 2017 12:17AM) (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments Hannah checked in
Rebecca checked in
Leah checked in
Cinthia checked in
Siobhan checked in
Please check in :)
Review thread https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Siobhan (last edited May 26, 2017 04:53AM) (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments 28. Me
48. Winter
29. Dark
38. Name
77. Witch
Are our words ill start looking at books this evening to see what i can read

message 3: by Siobhan (last edited Jun 05, 2017 01:07AM) (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments 28. Me
1. Shine With Me by S.J. Pierce Hannah
2. Dare Me by Megan Abbott siobhan
3. Trust Me, I'm Lying (Trust Me, #1) by Mary Elizabeth Summer Rebecca

48. Winter
1. Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer siobhan
3. Winter (Four Seasons, #1) by Nikita Rae Rebecca

29. Dark
1. Banewolf (Dark Siren, #2) by Eden Ashley Hannah
2. The Dark Days Club (Lady Helen, #1) by Alison Goodman siobhan
3. Dark Assassin (Dark Wolf #1) by Dena Christy Rebecca
4. The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2) by Rick Riordan leah complete

38. Name
1. Say My Name (Stark International Trilogy, #1) by J. Kenner Hannah
2. The Named (Guardians of Time, #1) by Marianne Curley siobhan Complete
3. You Don't Know My Name (The Black Angel Chronicles #1) by Kristen Orlando Rebecca

77. Witch
1. The Frozen Witch (The Frozen Witch #1) by Odette C. Bell Hannah complete
2, The Witches of the Glass Castle (The Witches of the Glass Castle, #1) by Gabriella Lepore siobhan complete
3. Witch Hunt (Preternatural Affairs, #1) by S.M. Reine Rebecca
4. Bewitching Winter (The Four Seasons #3) by Serenity Woods hannah complete

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5599 comments I'm checking in!

message 5: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2025 comments Checking in.

message 6: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆ (last edited May 24, 2017 12:12PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5599 comments Here is what I'm starting with:

Me - Shine With Me by S.J. Pierce

Winter - Bewitching Winter (The Four Seasons #3) by Serenity Woods

Dark - Banewolf (Dark Siren, #2) by Eden Ashley (Dark Siren)

Name - Say My Name (Stark International Trilogy, #1) by J. Kenner

Witch - The Frozen Witch (The Frozen Witch #1) by Odette C. Bell

message 7: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments hey :) i have to finish the house work and then ill get to picking my books :)

message 8: by Siobhan (last edited May 24, 2017 01:50PM) (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments 28. Me Dare Me by Megan Abbott
48. Winter Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer
29. Dark The Dark Days Club (Lady Helen, #1) by Alison Goodman
38. Name The Named (Guardians of Time, #1) by Marianne Curley
77.Witch The Witches of the Glass Castle (The Witches of the Glass Castle, #1) by Gabriella Lepore

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments checking in, sorry if I'm the last

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I'm not a very good planner, I pretty much read what I want, I'll try to make them fit into these categories

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5599 comments I will be able to read extras for most of these categories. Which will help us. I don't want to be stuck on the same words for a long time.

message 12: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments Rebecca wrote: "checking in, sorry if I'm the last"

Hey Rebecca i am the same i normally read what i feel like the only reason i have these planned is i really want to read them this month lol

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I am going to finish my current book then have a look on my kindle to see what I've got that will fit into these categories and if I want to read them

message 14: by Rebecca (last edited May 26, 2017 03:13PM) (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments Me- Trust Me, I'm Lying (Trust Me, #1) by Mary Elizabeth Summer
Winter- Winter (Four Seasons, #1) by Nikita Rae
Dark- Dark Assassin (Dark Wolf #1) by Dena Christy
Name-
You Don't Know My Name (The Black Angel Chronicles #1) by Kristen Orlando
Witch- Witch Hunt (Preternatural Affairs, #1) by S.M. Reine

These are just possibilities though, I may not stick to the exact book but probably the category.

message 15: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments Rebecca i have just put them on the list for you but if you dont stick to them its totally fine i just wanted to fill in the slots :) also i will be adding some of them to my tbr the sound good

message 16: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments haha cool :)

message 17: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments im all set to start at midnight tomorrow night :)

message 18: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I'm just finishing a few from my previous months reading challenge but then I'll be good to go

message 19: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Checking in. I've been super busy with work but I'll be done with all the extra hours on the 10th and will have extra time to read. I will look at what I have and will add them.

message 20: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments Hey Cinthia :)
My dad has surgery today so i might be busy for a few days but ill be reading as much as possible and i have picked my smaller books to start with. i may change my winter one as Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer is so big and i dont want to delay us on a word but ill see how im going :)

message 21: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments OK, I've started one of my June reads and guess what, it's not one of the ones that I planned but it does fit category. If you want to change my witch read from Witch Hunt (Preternatural Affairs, #1) by S.M. Reine to Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price .

I also think I'll probably change my Dark read from Dark Assassin (Dark Wolf #1) by Dena Christy to Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake but don't quote me on it yet.

I've still got 2 May reads to finish which don't fit into this challenge yet and I accidentally started The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau because I really really wanted to but it might fit into this challenge at a later date.

I also have a reading group book to read before Saturday (which I haven't started yet :/) and I can't remember the name but I don't think it fits into this challenge yet.

Just to keep you guys updated :)

message 22: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Cool. I will do three dark crowns too. I have it and have been lagging on it.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5599 comments I've started my winter book. I will also be reading another book today. It has the and of in the title. So if we get either of those words later in the challenge it will work.

message 24: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments ive started The Named (Guardians of Time, #1) by Marianne Curley and should have it done tomorrow

message 25: by Rebecca (last edited Jun 03, 2017 04:42AM) (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments Can we start making a list of banked books like that can be used towards the challenge but only if they fit into a category.

So like I've finished The Tribute Bride by Theresa Tomlinson for my reading group but it doesn't fit into a category but say I bank it in case The come up as category. Or for a wildcard or something

message 26: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments Okay do you want me to edit the comment where i have what we plan to read to include bank books?

message 27: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments Yeah maybe

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5599 comments Leah and I have some books that we can hopefully use later. I can make a special post for those and we can write what words they will work for. This way when those words show up these will be the first books to get used.

message 29: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆ (last edited Jun 10, 2017 05:40PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5599 comments Leah

Alex and Eliza by Melissa de la Cruz - And
The Summer Before (The Baby-Sitters Club, #0.5) by Ann M. Martin - The and Summer
Trouble Is a Friend of Mine (Trouble, #1) by Stephanie Tromly - A, Friend, and Of
Deadly Decisions (Temperance Brennan, #3) by Kathy Reichs - Dead
The Princess by Lori Wick - The
Summer of Yesterday by Gaby Triana - Summer and Of
The Summer That Changed Everything by Ann Brashares - The and Summer

Hannah

The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson - The, Of, and Normal
Alex and Eliza by Melissa de la Cruz - And
The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett -The, Of, A, and Heart
A Cowboy to Remember (The Canadays of Montana #1) by Barbara Ankrum - A, Boy, and Remember

Rebecca

The Tribute Bride by Theresa Tomlinson - The
The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau - The

Cinthia

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness - A

message 30: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments yes, good job people, this is exactly what I meant. In case when the categories come up we can fill them and get them changed straight away!!!

message 31: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments anyone from the uk here? if so i hope you are okay

message 32: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I'm UK, doing ok, I'm not in London though. Way up North from there, still waiting to hear back from a couple of family members in London though :/

message 33: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments im in ireland but im waiting for a few friends to check in that they are okay, i hope everyone in your family is safe

message 34: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆ (last edited Jun 04, 2017 02:44PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5599 comments I'm working on our last witch book. I should have it finished by tomorrow night. Leah and I are both working on a book for dark.

message 35: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments im working on dark i have started Dark Siren (Dark Siren, #1) by Eden Ashley Hannah the one you choose looked good so i said id start the series lol

message 36: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5702 comments I'm also working on dark. And me.

message 37: by Cinthia (new)

message 38: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2025 comments I just posted The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2) by Rick Riordan for Dark.

message 39: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments ive to go to work for 9 hours but i should have my dark up this evening as i stayed up late reading dark siren

message 40: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments Cinthia wrote: "Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake, Me, Myself and Why? (Cadence Jones, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson"

Is three dark crowns any good?

message 41: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5702 comments Oh yes. Dark crowns is awesy

message 42: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I've finished The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau so this can be added to the banked books in case 'The' comes up as a category

message 43: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I've also changed my mind again, who's surprised? LOL for winter I'm reading Winter Queen (Fairy Queens, #2) by Amber Argyle

message 44: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆ (last edited Jun 05, 2017 02:46PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5599 comments I'm sure we all will change our minds throughout. We all just need to make sure we keep everyone updated. This way we can make sure too many people aren't doing the same word.

message 45: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments And guess what, I've just learned that Winter Queen (Fairy Queens, #2) by Amber Argyle is the second book in the series so changing my mind again. so I'm back to Winter (Four Seasons, #1) by Nikita Rae

message 46: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments God, sorry I'm being a pain and very indecisive.

message 47: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments hahaha Rebecca i changed my mind on dark lol im very much a mood reader so im trying to keep things so they match the words but its hard lol, im a good way through my dark one so im going to have that done by tomorrow night the plan was to do it tonight but i ended up being dragged out for dinner

message 48: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆ (last edited Jun 05, 2017 06:03PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5599 comments I just finished up a book for the key word name. I will be finishing up the last witch book here in a few minutes. Then I will be starting a book for the key word me. I think that will be the 2nd one for me.

Anybody have some for winter they can do? I was going to do one but I put under witch. I can read extras for the key word me.

message 49: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5702 comments I finished three dark crowns but won't be able to post until Friday. I also finished a monster calls but don't know where I could fit it. I'll figure it out this weekend.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5599 comments Our new word is cure. I have only one book that I can do. Leah says she doesn't have any. If you guys can't do it either than we can use 1 of our 4 passes.

« previous 1 3 4