YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Great White Shark (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Johanna (last edited Jun 02, 2017 05:47AM) (new)

Johanna (johanna_e) | 174 comments Hi everyone!
Please check in as soon as you can.

If you haven't added your books to the spreadsheet yet,
please do!

Haley ✔
Susan ✔
Nivedita ✔
Vanessa ✔
Circe ✔
Julie
Johanna ✔
Jasmin ✔
Jeanine ✔

Our key words:
11. Violet
33. Crazy
60. Good
30. Light
38. Name

Review thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...
Rules & point system: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita Checking in..:-)

message 3: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johanna_e) | 174 comments Nivedita wrote: "Checking in..:-)"

Awesome :) Have you planned any books yet, or will you plan when we get the categories?

message 4: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita Since I will be getting most of my books from the library and friends I have to wait for the categories.What about you?Maybe we can BR some:-)

message 5: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita We got the words!So what will you all be reading?

message 6: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johanna_e) | 174 comments Nivedita wrote: "Since I will be getting most of my books from the library and friends I have to wait for the categories.What about you?Maybe we can BR some:-)"

I did some research, but I haven't decided on what books I'm going to read yet.

Here are some books I'm really interested in:
The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout Crazy by Han Nolan Good as Gone by Amy Gentry

And here are some I'm not sure about yet:
Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians #1) by Kevin Kwan Crazy Good (Crazy Good, #1) by Rachel Robinson A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss

I didn't manage to find anything that interested me for violet, but I found something for the other categories at least.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2364 comments I'm here and checking in. I can't wait to start this challenge

message 8: by Haley (new)

Haley (haleymadd) | 1272 comments Im here and checking in! I can't wait to start!

message 9: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita I am planning to read Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1) by Elizabeth Wein and All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr .I still have to find more books..

message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2364 comments I was wanting to pick All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr and even though I am not to keen on this genre it's all I could find for Crazy Crazy Good (Crazy Good, #1) by Rachel Robinson and the last one is The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2364 comments Is it ok to pick the same book as a teammate?

message 12: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johanna_e) | 174 comments Susan wrote: "Is it ok to pick the same book as a teammate?"

Yes, that's fine!

message 13: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johanna_e) | 174 comments Susan wrote: "I was wanting to pick All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr and even though I am not to keen on this genre it's all I could find for Crazy Crazy Good (Crazy Good, #1) by Rachel Robinson and the last on..."

Looks good! I'm considering reading Crazy Good as well, but I'll probably end up reading Crazy by Han Nolan instead, since it seems more like my kind of book.

message 14: by Vanessa Marie (last edited May 26, 2017 03:24AM) (new)

Vanessa Marie Liers (vanessa_liers) | 76 comments Hi, I'm checking in.

Also, here are a few of the books that I'm interested in based on the words we got:

Violet Grenade by Victoria Scott Crazy House by James Patterson A Good Idea by Cristina Moracho What Light by Jay Asher The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord

message 15: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 2313 comments Hi! Checking In :)

message 16: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 2313 comments These are the ones in my to-read and read :) :
The Good Sister (Sister, #2) by Leanne Davis The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1) by T.M. Frazier Sure Signs of Crazy by Karen Harrington You Don't Know My Name (The Black Angel Chronicles #1) by Kristen Orlando The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1) by Maureen Johnson One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern Light as a Feather, Stiff As a Board (Weeping Willow High #1) by Zoe Aarsen Good in Bed (Cannie Shapiro, #1) by Jennifer Weiner First Light (The Zombie Prophecies, #1) by Adam Sigrist Eyes Like Stars (Théâtre Illuminata, #1) by Lisa Mantchev Afterlight (Dark Ink Chronicles, #1) by Elle Jasper Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1) by Elizabeth Wein The Other Life (The Other Life, #1) by Susanne Winnacker Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted The Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick

message 17: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita Circe wrote: "These are the ones in my to-read and read :) :
The Good Sister (Sister, #2) by Leanne DavisThe Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1) by T.M. FrazierSure Signs of Crazy by Karen Harrington[bookcover:You Don't Know My Na..."

Circe I would be reading Code Name Verity too.So lets BR.You can pick the date:)

message 18: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 2313 comments @Nivedita I can after the 14th

message 19: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita Ok :)You can DM me whenever you are ready.

message 20: by Jasmin (new)

Jasmin | 30 comments Hey guys! Just checking in

message 21: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2364 comments @Circe and Nivedita, could I buddy read Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1) by Elizabeth Wein with you guys???

message 22: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83304 comments Mod
Adding Jeanine to your team ☺

message 23: by Jeanine (last edited May 27, 2017 04:26AM) (new)

Jeanine Carstairs (daechwita) | 967 comments Hi! Here are the books I'm thinking of reading :)
The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand
still not sure:
Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians #1) by Kevin Kwan The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss

message 24: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita Susan wrote: "@Circe and Nivedita, could I buddy read Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1) by Elizabeth Wein with you guys???"

Of course :-)

message 25: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine Carstairs (daechwita) | 967 comments Susan wrote: "I was wanting to pick All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr and even though I am not to keen on this genre it's all I could find for Crazy Crazy Good (Crazy Good, #1) by Rachel Robinson and the last on..."

Do you want to join our buddy read for All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr on the 5th? :D I'll be reading with Nivedita

message 26: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 2313 comments Jeanine wrote: "Susan wrote: "I was wanting to pick All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr and even though I am not to keen on this genre it's all I could find for Crazy Crazy Good (Crazy Good, #1) by Rachel Robinson a..."

I think I'll join that one

message 27: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johanna_e) | 174 comments Jeanine wrote: "Hi! Here are the books I'm thinking of reading :)
The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman ChainaniAll the Light We Cannot See by Anthony DoerrThe Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand
..."

I'm thinking of reading The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand too, perhaps we could do a BR?

message 28: by Johanna (last edited May 27, 2017 11:36AM) (new)

Johanna (johanna_e) | 174 comments I'll make a spreadsheet for this challenge later tonight :)

message 29: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2364 comments Jeanine wrote: "Susan wrote: "I was wanting to pick All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr and even though I am not to keen on this genre it's all I could find for Crazy Crazy Good (Crazy Good, #1) by Rachel Robinson a..."

I would love to join

message 30: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johanna_e) | 174 comments Finished the spreadsheet. Here's a link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

Just ask for permission to edit and then start adding the books you've decided to read so far!

message 31: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 2313 comments Johanna wrote: "Finished the spreadsheet. Here's a link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

Just ask for permission to edit and then start adding ..."

Pretty cool! Love it!

message 32: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johanna_e) | 174 comments Have you managed to find any books for Violet? I saw that Vanessa had one, but other than that I haven't seen any. Maybe we should pass on that one, what do you think?

message 33: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 2313 comments Johanna wrote: "Have you managed to find any books for Violet? I saw that Vanessa had one, but other than that I haven't seen any. Maybe we should pass on that one, what do you think?"

I found one Violet but it's in spanish edition and I don't know if it counts and besides I already read it. We can choose another word or just don't do the Violet word? Since there is none other book with that word

message 34: by Vanessa Marie (new)

Vanessa Marie Liers (vanessa_liers) | 76 comments There are a few books that I want to read that have the word Violet in the title. I'll list them here, if anyone is interested.

Living Violet (The Cambion Chronicles, #1) by Jaime Reed Violet Ink by Rebecca Westcott Violet is Blue (Hothouse #1) by Tawny Stokes Shrinking Violet by Danielle Joseph

This book has Violet in the series title: Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1) by Jessica Shirvington

message 35: by Haley (last edited Jun 01, 2017 07:04PM) (new)

Haley (haleymadd) | 1272 comments I'm interested in Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1) by Jessica Shirvington with you! When would you want to start?

message 36: by Haley (last edited Jun 01, 2017 07:46PM) (new)

Haley (haleymadd) | 1272 comments I found these books for the categories if anyone wants to buddy read one with me?

Violet: Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1) by Jessica Shirvington

Good: Goodbye To You (The Kellys of Key West #1) by A.J. Matthews

Light: What Light by Jay Asher Into the Light (The Light, #1) by Aleatha Romig Too Like the Lightning (Terra Ignota, #1) by Ada Palmer The Memory of Light by Francisco X. Stork There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1) by Claire Contreras

I'm reading A Girl Named Calamity (Alyria #1) by Danielle Lori for name

message 37: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 2313 comments I'm so busy this month that I won't be reading so many books... But this one are the ones I'm planning to read if anyone wants to buddy read them with me:

The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord You Don't Know My Name (The Black Angel Chronicles #1) by Kristen Orlando Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1) by Elizabeth Wein

I just realize that every book has "Name" on it

message 38: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johanna_e) | 174 comments Circe wrote: "I'm so busy this month that I won't be reading so many books... But this one are the ones I'm planning to read if anyone wants to buddy read them with me:

[bookcover:The Names They Gave Us|3003890..."

Hi! That looks awesome. Could you please add the books to the spreadsheet? I think they'll fill that category.

message 39: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita Circe wrote: "I'm so busy this month that I won't be reading so many books... But this one are the ones I'm planning to read if anyone wants to buddy read them with me:

[bookcover:The Names They Gave Us|3003890..."

So can we have the BR for Code Name Verity ?You can choose the date..I will be fine with it:)

message 40: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johanna_e) | 174 comments Hi everyone!

We seem to be able to fill the Violet category, which I thought would be almost impossible at first, so that's really good!

It would also be great if everyone could add their books to the spreadsheet, so we can see if it's any category that we might not be able to fill and get a new word instead.

message 41: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 2313 comments @Johanna Okay, I'll do it
@Nivedita Of course! We can start it after I finish with Speak, I'll sent you a message when I finish it :)

message 42: by Vanessa Marie (new)

Vanessa Marie Liers (vanessa_liers) | 76 comments Haley wrote: "I'm interested in Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1) by Jessica Shirvington with you! When would you want to start?"

If you are still interested in doing a buddy read for Embrace, I can start it tomorrow.

message 43: by Haley (new)

Haley (haleymadd) | 1272 comments I won't be able to start tomorrow, but sunday I can :)

message 44: by Haley (new)

Haley (haleymadd) | 1272 comments Vanessa I would love to buddy read What Light by Jay Asher with you if you want!

message 45: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 2313 comments So... I'm a little confused. There's a "Book that doesn't fit current key words"... It means every other book I read counts? That doesn't have the key words, of course

message 46: by Vanessa Marie (new)

Vanessa Marie Liers (vanessa_liers) | 76 comments @Haley Sunday for Embrace works for me. When were you thinking of starting What Light, I'm good to start any day.

message 47: by Vanessa Marie (last edited Jun 03, 2017 12:59AM) (new)

Vanessa Marie Liers (vanessa_liers) | 76 comments @Johanna I wasn't able to get the book for crazy that I wanted, but I was able to get Crazy by Han Nolan . Are you interested in doing a buddy read for it?

message 48: by Jeanine (last edited Jun 03, 2017 01:17AM) (new)

Jeanine Carstairs (daechwita) | 967 comments CC: nivedita, susan, circe:

Hi! For those interested in joining the buddy read for ATLWCS All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr , here's the link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 49: by Jeanine (last edited Jun 03, 2017 01:20AM) (new)

Jeanine Carstairs (daechwita) | 967 comments Johanna wrote: "Jeanine wrote: "Hi! Here are the books I'm thinking of reading :)
The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman ChainaniAll the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr[bookcover:The Last Time We Say Go..."

sure!!! :) will June 20 work for you? :) or if not, what date?

message 50: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine Carstairs (daechwita) | 967 comments Guys! I have a question about our spreadsheet :) The books / team members per keyword is limited to four. I just finished The School for Good and Evil for "good". Can I still write a review and include it in the review thread?

« previous 1