YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Lobster (F) Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 211 (211 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by GrapedUp (last edited Jun 12, 2017 07:22AM) (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Welcome! Please check in as soon as possible!

Team Lobster members:
C.B. -> checked in
Rachel -> checked in
Kirsty -> checked in
Chuurun Ien -> checked in
Alyssa Janine -> checked in
Bianca -> checked in
Nija -> checked in
Danielle -> checked in
Jess -> checked in

Finished Books:
44. Virus (passed)
34. Soul
- Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul by Jack Canfield
-
-
-

91. The
- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins
- The Thousandth Floor (The Thousandth Floor, #1) by Katharine McGee
- The End We Start From by Megan Hunter
-

49. Fire
- Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1) by Kaitlyn Davis
- Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins
- Firefight (Reckoners, #2) by Brandon Sanderson
-

95. The
-
-
-
-

90. And
- The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1) by Jonathan Stroud
- Shadow and Bone (Shadow and Bone, #1) by Leigh Bardugo
- Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1) by Chani Lynn Feener
-

On hold/Waiting for the word:
- Stargirl (Stargirl, #1) by Jerry Spinelli
-

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Buckley (rachelbuckley3) | 110 comments Can't wait to get started! :)

message 3: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments I'm a bit nervous though!
This is the first time I ever try team challenge 😆

message 4: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Our first key words are up ☺
44. Virus
91. The
49. Fire
95. The
90. And

Fortunately, we get it easy with two THEs and one AND. Any books with these key words with also the word FIRE or VIRUS should go to the later words, since FIRE and VIRUS are a bit more uncommon.

message 5: by GrapedUp (last edited May 25, 2017 03:14AM) (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Guys, I'll be starting with a re-read of The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins THE Hunger Games and Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Catching FIRE..
But if you're planning to read Catching Fire for this just let me know, I have some other book with the word FIRE ☺

What about you? What books are you planning to read for the challenge?

message 6: by Nija (new)

Nija Just double checking, we all are reading different books right?

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3530 comments You can read the same books guys and then buddy read them for more points!

message 8: by Nija (new)

Nija Okay and we just say what we're reading in here? I'm sorry this is my first time doing any kind of challenge with any group

message 9: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments As far as I know, yes. We can get double points for the same book if we buddy reads it within the group, but it still count as one book out of four we need to read for every word..

message 10: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments By the way, nice to see you, Nija! Welcome ^^

message 11: by Nija (new)

Nija Okay thanks that helps a lot! And thanks, I'm happpy and excited to be apart of a group thing. But I'll be starting with Isla and the Happily Ever After for the word "the"

message 12: by Nija (new)

Nija I tried to make it into a picture and don't know how, lol

message 13: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3530 comments At the bottom of the screen there is a circle around link and cover. Just click cover when you try to add the book.

message 14: by Nija (new)

Nija Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins
Thanks

message 15: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments @Nija, great ^^

@Adriana, thanks!
Btw just asking, are you also this team member? It would be great if yes ^^

message 16: by Adriana (last edited May 24, 2017 06:29PM) (new)

Adriana | 3530 comments No problem!
I'm in a medium team (:

message 18: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Found this for VIRUS in Kindle freebies
Concealed (Virus #1) by R.J. Crayton
But it wasn't my cup of tea, I believe this book also would have a buddy read within the group so please check it out if you are interested ☺

message 19: by Nija (new)

Nija Shadow and bone!! I love that book and have been meaning to reread it

message 20: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Nija wrote: "Shadow and bone!! I love that book and have been meaning to reread it"

I haven't read it but everyone love that book! How do you like it compared to Six of Crows?

message 21: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82926 comments Mod
Adding Danielle to your team ☺

message 22: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Thank you Sarah ☺
Welcome Danielle 😆

message 23: by Nija (new)

Nija I actually haven't read Six of Crows yet! I really want to though, after I finish all of the books following Shadow and Bone

message 24: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Just a thought: I can't really find any VIRUS books that make me interested. Do you guys think we should just pass that word?

message 25: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments Hi checking in :)

I've created a spreadsheet so we can add what books we plan on reading for each word. So if everyone fills in what they plan on reading then we can see where we have gaps.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 26: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments I don't have anything for the word Virus either so it might be worth passing that one. I'm sure we will be able to complete The and And. I don't have anything for fire so hopefully, someone else can complete that.

message 27: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Sy  (sy_bianca) | 168 comments Checking in! ^_^

message 28: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Sy  (sy_bianca) | 168 comments Chuurun Ien wrote: "Guys, I'll be starting with a re-read of The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne CollinsTHE Hunger Games and Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne CollinsCatching FIRE..
But if you're planning to read Catching Fire for ..."

OMG! I'm planning to re-read The Hunger Games series too!!

message 29: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Sy  (sy_bianca) | 168 comments Oh my gosh. I think I'm going to re-read books this June. <3

message 30: by GrapedUp (last edited May 26, 2017 03:48AM) (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Hi Kirsty! Thanks for making the spreadsheet, it's definitely more easy that way ^^
But I just opened it and the spreadsheet can't be opened? Is it set into private?
Also could you please add my reading plan for the challenge? So far I'm planning on reading The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1) by Jonathan Stroud

And yes, VIRUS is definitely a hard word T_T
Let's wait for the others would say about passing that word! I vote yes lol
Also, actually if you are into romance there's a ton of FIRE books in that genre. Some ya fantasy also have FIRE books.

message 31: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments And hello Bianca! If we both would do the series maybe we should just ask for a buddy read thread in June Buddy Reads? So we could get double points for the challenge I mean ^^
What other books are you planning on reading for June?

message 32: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments I'll have a look to see if I can find anything for Fire, I'll also have a look for free books with Virus

message 33: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Kirsty wrote: "I'll have a look to see if I can find anything for Fire, I'll also have a look for free books with Virus"

I just edited my comment but I guess you already viewed it before I was done with the edits :P

message 34: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments Chuurun Ien wrote: "Kirsty wrote: "I'll have a look to see if I can find anything for Fire, I'll also have a look for free books with Virus"

I just edited my comment but I guess you already viewed it before I was don..."

Ah sorry, did you request to view it if so you should be able to now? I've also changed the settings so that when you click on the link it should allow you to view it and edit it.

message 35: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments I've only been able to find one free book that works for Virus that is over 100 pages all the others are less than 100 pages so won't count for the challenge. I'll add it to the spreadsheet and wait and see whether anyone else can add anything before we decide whether to pass it.

message 36: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Kirsty wrote: "I've only been able to find one free book that works for Virus that is over 100 pages all the others are less than 100 pages so won't count for the challenge. I'll add it to the spreadsheet and wai..."

It's official: let's pass VIRUS!
And thank you, now I can view the spreadsheet! 😆
By the way, I actually meant for Lockwood & Co The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1) by Jonathan Stroud as an AND ^^

message 37: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Nija, Rachel, Bianca, would you mind if we pass the word VIRUS?

message 38: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments Chuurun Ien wrote: "Kirsty wrote: "I've only been able to find one free book that works for Virus that is over 100 pages all the others are less than 100 pages so won't count for the challenge. I'll add it to the spre..."

Oh right sorry, I'll change it

message 39: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Kirsty wrote: "Chuurun Ien wrote: "Kirsty wrote: "I've only been able to find one free book that works for Virus that is over 100 pages all the others are less than 100 pages so won't count for the challenge. I'l..."

Thank you ☺

message 40: by Nija (new)

Nija Yeah let's just pass it

message 41: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments Chuurun Ien wrote: "As far as I know, yes. We can get double points for the same book if we buddy reads it within the group, but it still count as one book out of four we need to read for every word.."

If more than one person reads the same book it can be counted twice 'the same person can read it 4 times if they want, or 4 members could read the same book, or 2 people could read 2 each, it's not like Jumanji' (from the challenge thread)

message 42: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Kirsty wrote: "Chuurun Ien wrote: "As far as I know, yes. We can get double points for the same book if we buddy reads it within the group, but it still count as one book out of four we need to read for every wor..."

Oooh I see! I'm sorry I didn't quite understand all the rules, this is the first time I ever do a challenge in this group (also ever lol).
How about the points if you do a buddy read with a member of you team? Would it be double the points for each member or would it be members points + buddy read point?

message 43: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments That's ok. Each person would get the double points, so if the book is 300 pages and you do a BR you would each get 6 points.

message 44: by GrapedUp (last edited May 26, 2017 05:16PM) (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Thanks Kirsty! 😊
Now we can buddy read the Hunger Games Trilogy, Bianca! 😆
I'll ask Sarah to add The Hunger Games for June Buddy Reads

And we got a new keyword guys ^^
It's 34. SOUL!

message 45: by GrapedUp (last edited May 26, 2017 05:24PM) (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Will anyone join me and Bianca to buddy read The Hunger Games Trilogy?
Also, when will it be convenient for you to read The Hunger Games in June?
Will 2nd, 5th and 8th works for you?

message 46: by Alyssa Janine (new)

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) | 234 comments Hi guys! I'm checking in just now. I currently don't have my laptop (it's on my mom's office) so I might be a little late on updating my read books. :) I have a book that I need to read and to review this month, and it's At Fire's End by Charlotte Jain. :)

message 47: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Hi Alyssa! Welcome ☺

message 48: by GrapedUp (new)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments By the way guys, The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins thread is up by the way https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 49: by Alyssa Janine (new)

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) | 234 comments Churin wrote: "Hi Alyssa! Welcome ☺"

Thanks! :))))

message 50: by Danielle ♥ (last edited May 31, 2017 08:11PM) (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Hey everyone! :) I'm starting with The Diviners and The Night Circus so those will count for "the."

« previous 1 3 4 5