YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Humpback Whale (S) Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 443 (443 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Jamie (last edited May 24, 2017 02:33PM) (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Wolf
Dannii
Melanie
Jamie
Alley

Please post reviews here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Spreadsheet for books we are definitely reading: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Hi everyone!

message 3: by Jamie (last edited Jun 04, 2017 09:04PM) (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Finished Books That Can be moved if needed:
-The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson AND the Olympians #5)..reviewed by Jamie
-The Ring AND the Crown (The Ring and the Crown #1) by Melissa de la Cruz ..reviewed by Jamie
-Ink AND Bone (The Great Library #1) by Rachel Caine ..reviewed by Dannii
-All the Good THINGs by Clare Fisher..reviewed by Dannii
-For Love AND Honor by Jody Hedlund..reviewed by Melanie

message 4: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2619 comments Checking in. Nice to be on a team with you again Jamie. Melanie, we got lucky and were put on the same team again. Dannii and Alley it's nice to meet you and be on the same team.

message 5: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Hi Wolf! Great to see you again!

message 6: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2619 comments Hope to be of help this challenge.

message 7: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2619 comments So do we have to all find a book to fit the categories? Or do we have to do it like we are doing the challenge currently?

message 8: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments No, one person can do a whole category, or all can do a book for it. Whatever works, so long as 4 books are read to close it out.

message 9: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Alright got a lot for dead, 1 for thing and some for and so far Although a few of the new series' I was hoping to hold off on starting but we shall see. Depends what the rest of you might be able or want to read. :) Heading back out to the library and checking kindle to see what else I have available.

message 10: by Jamie (last edited May 24, 2017 10:29AM) (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Shockingly, Virus is causing me the most hassle right now. Viral I got but no virus that I can find.

Update--found 1 on kindle but again another series!

Will check my local library as well.

message 11: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments SO as everyone else finds books that work that the can do fairly soon if needed, let me know what your options are!

message 12: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Looks like someone set of a BR for Shadow and Bone so I will likely do that for sure as one of the and titles so we get the extra points.

message 13: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Well library didn't have much for virus either that i would want to read. But did find 1 other.

I am excited to see what books everyone else wants to read for the categories!

message 14: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12048 comments Hi team! *Waves to Wolf and Jamie*

I'll go see what books I have that'll work. :))

message 15: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12048 comments I have a book for Dead: Every Deadly Kiss (The Bowers Files The New York Years #2; The Patrick Bowers Files #9) by Steven James

And it's one I already planned on reading next month! :D

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12048 comments Thing: The Last Thing You Said by Sara Biren
And: Hide and Seek by Lynette Eason

message 17: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12048 comments @Jamie, I'll BR The Ring and the Crown with you!

message 18: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12048 comments I found this book for virus: Concealed (Virus #1) by R.J. Crayton , if anyone wants to buddy read it.

message 19: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Melanie wrote: "@Jamie, I'll BR The Ring and the Crown with you!"

Sweet! Want to start right on the 1st?

message 20: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12048 comments Sure, that works for me. Will you request the thread?

message 21: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Will do!

message 22: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments I have the first few days of the month of off so I hope to get a lot of reading in right off from the start.

message 23: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments Checking in! Let me look through my books real quick and see what I have for our first words.

message 24: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments I've got several books that would work for AND, but that pretty much seems taken care of. :D

I also have The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender , so we can buddy that!

I feel like VIRUS will be the hardest.

message 25: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12048 comments The book I mentioned above for virus is a kindle freebie, so if anyone feels like buddy reading it with me just let me know.

message 26: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Alley wrote: "I've got several books that would work for AND, but that pretty much seems taken care of. :D

I also have The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender, so we can buddy that!

I feel like VI..."

Sweet! When do you want to start it? The sooner, the better I'd say.

message 27: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Melanie wrote: "The book I mentioned above for virus is a kindle freebie, so if anyone feels like buddy reading it with me just let me know."

Just got it. When do you want to start this one?

message 28: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12048 comments @Jamie -- maybe the 2nd? Or whenever you are free. :)

message 29: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments And Alley, please still feel free to read or share any AND books still. With 8 needing to be read. Unless I have them planned as buddy reads, nothing is locked in for me until I actually start a book.

message 30: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Melanie wrote: "@Jamie -- maybe the 2nd? Or whenever you are free. :)"

Sure. I'll go request it :)

message 31: by Dannii (last edited May 24, 2017 01:27PM) (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Hi guys, checking in! Pleasure to be on a team with you all.

Here's my list of possible reads:

89 and 90. And

One Hundred Philosophers The Life and Work of the World's Greatest Thinkers by Peter J. King
Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine (which already has a BR set up for the 1st)
The Search How Google and Its Rivals Rewrote the Rules of Business and Transformed Our Culture by John Battelle
Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
The New Digital Age Reshaping the Future of People, Nations and Business by Eric Schmidt
Bedlam London and its Mad by Catharine Arnold
Underworld London Crime and Punishment in the Capital City by Catharine Arnold
Romantic Outlaws The Extraordinary Lives of Mary Wollstonecraft and Her Daughter Mary Shelley by Charlotte Gordon
How to Write Science Fiction & Fantasy by Orson Scott Card
Write a Novel and Get it Published by Stephen May

44. Virus
This was one of the few words I could find exactly nothing for on my shelves! :( I'll see what is free on Kindle or in my library

36. Thing
The Quantum Universe Everything That Can Happen Does Happen by Brian Cox
All the Good Things by Clare Fisher
A Girl Is a Half-formed Thing by Eimear McBride

31. Dead
Dead Man's Hand (The DI Luchewski Series Book 1) by Mark Lock
Kill the Dead by Tanith Lee

message 32: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Wow! No idea why my list is 99% non-fiction! Haha.

message 33: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments We all all here! Yay!!

message 34: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12048 comments Lol! I love reading nonfiction! :))

message 35: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Melanie wrote: "Lol! I love reading nonfiction! :))"

Me too, I tend to acquire so much of it though before I get around to reading it!

message 36: by Dannii (last edited May 24, 2017 01:34PM) (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Melanie wrote: "I found this book for virus: Concealed (Virus #1) by R.J. Crayton, if anyone wants to buddy read it."

Just saw that Concealed (Virus #1) by R.J. Crayton already has a BR set up for it, :) My library's copy is out on loan until the middle of June, though so I can't join! Noooo!

message 37: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Alright, getting books added in for possibilites. With so many ANDs I already took one off.

If anyone changes their mind on a book(s)-especially once we get reading and getting 2-3 of the books read for a category, please let me know so I remove them from the list.

message 38: by Jamie (last edited May 24, 2017 01:45PM) (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Dannii wrote: "Melanie wrote: "I found this book for virus: Concealed (Virus #1) by R.J. Crayton, if anyone wants to buddy read it."

Just saw that Concealed (Virus #1) by R.J. Crayton already has a BR set up for it, :) My l..."

Get it straight from Amazon. If is free, it would be awesome to read this together and all get the double points. And it isn't a very long book it seems.

message 39: by Jamie (last edited May 24, 2017 01:44PM) (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Dannii wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Lol! I love reading nonfiction! :))"

Me too, I tend to acquire so much of it though before I get around to reading it!"

This is my problem! I almost looked through my nonfiction shelves but right now they are blocked by another bookcase and chair. So...not today. But I need to get on reading mine.

message 40: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Should be fine with all my picks :) I can start with reading Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine , which has a BR set up for it and looks like a quick read, too.

message 41: by Jamie (last edited May 24, 2017 01:50PM) (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Dannii wrote: "Should be fine with all my picks :) I can start with reading Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine, which has a BR set up for it and looks like a quick read, too."

Ooh! I MIGHT join you on that....give me a few days to think on it. Since it is already set up I'll just jump in if I can make it.

message 42: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments Would anyone be opposed to setting up a spreadsheet? We'd all be able to edit it then, and it's easier to see what's already been read/submitted. I can set it up.

message 43: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12048 comments I think I'm going to make a spreadsheet for us, if you guys think it will help. I know it makes things easier for me to keep track. LOL ;)

message 44: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11278 comments Either one of you feel free to make a spreadsheet :)

message 45: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12048 comments Alley wrote: "Would anyone be opposed to setting up a spreadsheet? We'd all be able to edit it then, and it's easier to see what's already been read/submitted. I can set it up."

Oops. I didn't see your comment before posting mine regarding a spreadsheet. ;)

message 46: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments xD I've got it. Give me a sec and I'll post the link.

message 48: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments Jamie wrote: "Alley wrote: "I've got several books that would work for AND, but that pretty much seems taken care of. :D

I also have The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender, so we can buddy that!

..."

I can start on the 1st or 2nd!

message 49: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12048 comments Alley wrote: "https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

Here ya go!"

Thanks!

message 50: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments Jamie wrote: "Dannii wrote: "Melanie wrote: "I found this book for virus: Concealed (Virus #1) by R.J. Crayton, if anyone wants to buddy read it."

Just saw that Concealed (Virus #1) by R.J. Crayton already has a BR set up ..."

I'd be open to reading this as well. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9