YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Dolphin (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 780 (780 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

message 1: by Maddie (last edited May 30, 2017 02:06AM) (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 45793 comments Mod
Team Dolphin
Abby - checked in
Maddison - checked in
Louise - checked in
Elizabeth Emily - checked in
Amanda - checked in

Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Please check in ASAP so we can all start planning :D

message 2: by Maddie (last edited May 26, 2017 04:09AM) (new)

First 5 Words
97. **Wildcard** Any book (Obviously the Wildcard will be the first to go, but please only read for this word if the book doesn't count for ANY word in this challenge, as that word may come up at a later date.)
26. Ghost
81. End
52. Bone
98. **Wildcard** Any book

message 3: by louise !! (new)

louise !! (improbable) | 77 comments checking in! hello! :-))

message 4: by Maddie (last edited Jun 03, 2017 02:14AM) (new)

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/... (Thanks Abby)

message 5: by Maddie (new)

Would anyone like to make a spreadsheet for us? We'll need one and I'm not sure how to make one.

message 6: by Maddie (last edited May 24, 2017 05:17AM) (new)

So, I've checked through my shelves, and this is what I have for words:

Ghost
The Ghost Next Door (Goosebumps, #10) by R.L. Stine

End
Powerless (The Hero Agenda, #1) by Tera Lynn Childs Relentless (The Hero Agenda, #2) by Tera Lynn Childs (from the series Hero AgENDa)
The Calling (Endgame, #1) by James Frey (and the next 3 books) from the ENDgame series
Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1) by Wendy Higgins by WENDy Higgins
2 books from the LegENDs of Ga'Hoole series by Kathryn Lasky

Bone
Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor Altar of Bones by Philip Carter

Tempt
Nothing :/ I've got nothing for this word

message 7: by Maddie (new)

I want to read noooooow. I have to wait another WEEK!

message 8: by Maddie (new)

You guys can guarantee that I'll be reading as soon as I can on the 1st :p Btw, I'm planning on reading only for this challenge, so be prepared for our team to totally smash it :D Hope I'm not the only one basically fangirling for this challenge :p

message 9: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I'll create a spreadsheet. I'll probably have a slow day at work and will have the time.

message 10: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I already have a book planned for bone. Bag of Bones by Stephen King

message 11: by Maddie (last edited May 24, 2017 05:29AM) (new)

Oh thank you :)

I'll compile all of the books, who's reading them and what words they're for now, just so they're all together for when the spreadsheet's made up :) I'll do that in my third post (so the 4th post)

message 12: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Thanks for the help, Maddison

message 13: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Just lurking, but our team has the word Bone also! If anyone is interested in BR this, please let me know :)

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

message 14: by Maddie (new)

Grrr Ariel :p Na you're welcome here haha.

I saw that, but it'll take too long to get in at my library.

message 15: by Maddie (new)

So worries Abby, I'm totally into this challenge, so pumped!

message 16: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I have several options for end as well, but nothing for ghost or tempt.

message 17: by Maddie (new)

I know I obviously won't be reading all of those 'end' books, as others will want some too, so I'll take some off now :p

message 18: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Any of you want to BR It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover ?

message 19: by Maddie (new)

I read that recently, so not ready for a re-read just yet haha. I think if we all just put down 1 or 2 for each word to start with, at least just until everyone checks in and we see what options we have.

message 20: by Maddie (new)

Right, got that 4th message up and running :)

message 21: by Maddie (new)

I'll keep that updated along with the spreadsheet if Abby ends up making it, because I'm just like that :p

message 22: by Maddie (new)

I don't think I need to take any of the Wildcard words just yet, because I've got plenty to keep me going :p Just also depends on my other challenges with time limits and required tasks, as I might need to read some that don't count. I feel like this challenge won't be long enough :p

message 23: by Maddie (new)

You guys are going to be seeing a lot of spam from me :p I'm one of those types of people.

message 24: by louise !! (new)

louise !! (improbable) | 77 comments Same! HAHA I'm hyped for this challenge. I'm currently looking through my TBR for books. Will update.

message 25: by Maddie (new)

Yes please :D I want to keep working on planning stuff for this, so post what you can when you know :p

message 26: by Maddie (last edited May 24, 2017 05:58AM) (new)

Also if there's more than one option, let me know which one you want to be a definite, and which ones you want as potential :) This goes for everyone :)

message 27: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments It always helps to have someone step up as team leader, Maddison. Or else the team ends up being a mess.

message 28: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments And I have tons of other team challenges. Just gonna wing it and see where I end up.

message 29: by Maddie (new)

Are you guys alright with that person being me? I do get rather annoying with the hassling :p

message 30: by Maddie (new)

Ah alright, so you're not reading specifically for this? :)

Do you have any other books you have planned that fit? End actually isn't too hard, as you can have the word embedded in another word or author's name.

message 31: by Maddie (new)

Abby, you let me know the first book you plan on reading next month and I'll chuck it up in the Wildcard slot for you :) I don't need any of those.

message 32: by louise !! (new)

louise !! (improbable) | 77 comments For End I'll be reading:
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens AgENDa

message 33: by Maddie (new)

Alright awesome. Adding that up now.

message 34: by Maddie (new)

Hoping both Elizabeth and Amanda don't want End words, because I don't really want to give that one up XD It's a br so it's double points.

message 35: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments All my other challenges go week by week. So I don't know far enough in advance. I'll keep y'all updated though.

message 36: by Abby (last edited May 24, 2017 07:04AM) (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Here's a link to our spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

I made it to where anyone can edit, so feel free to add your own books. Maddison, can you put this link in the first message?

message 37: by Maddie (new)

Yeah I sure can :) I think I'll still keep the tracking post updated as well so that if people can't get to the spreadsheet for some reason they can just post here and I'll update.

message 38: by Maddie (new)

Surprised I didn't have a lot to update. Kind of disappointed too :p

message 39: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Yeah, I've noticed a lot of people have trouble with spreadsheets. I love them though!

message 40: by Maddie (last edited May 24, 2017 02:27PM) (new)

Bummer novellas don't count for this challenge :/ I found a little 74pg ghost book that I was going to count.

Oh well, I might have another ghost book, just clearing some stuff with Sarah :/ On Kobo the book has Ghost in the series title, but on GR it doesn't.

message 41: by Maddie (new)

By the way I'm not saying don't read for the Wildcard, just if it fits for another word later on maybe hold off for a bit. I think we need to just get through the easy ones so that we can get more words.

I'll probably read my books in this order:
Ghost Next Door
Sweet Evil
Daughter of Smoke and Bone

After I've read those then I think I'll just jump to the next shortest/quickest book I have. If there are spots left on the spreadsheet open then are people okay if I fill them? I'll only fill them when I start reading the book, as I don't want to take away from others.

message 42: by Maddie (new)

Yeah I like them as well :)

message 43: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Here's my input: If there's an open spot and you have a book you want to read, go for it. Just as long as we declare what we're reading. I've been in a challenge like this where a teammate would post a review out of the blue, taking a spot someone else had already claimed. It was super frustrating.

message 44: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments BTW I have a BR for It Ends with Us so that one's set in stone. It will be my first book of the month.

message 45: by Maddie (new)

Oh wow that is annoying!
And yeah that works :) Because I'm reading solely for this challenge, I'll take what comes as it comes.

Okay good :) I've got a BR for Sweet Evil, but I can get Ghost out of the way real quickly (only 12something pages) so that'll give us 1 point on Day 1 :p

message 46: by Maddie (new)

Where's everyone been today? No chat :(

message 47: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments Hey guys. Checking in, I'll let you know the books I plan on reading later as I'm out atm

message 48: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments I'm struggling a little with these if I'm honest. So far I've found written in bones by James Oswald that I can read for bone

message 49: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments Tempt seems like it's gonna be a difficult one. I'll have a look and see if I have any.

message 50: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments As of yet I've got nothing for tempt or ghost but I've still got the books I've bought but not read to look through.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16