YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Herring (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tayane (last edited May 29, 2017 01:57PM) (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments Team members:
Michaline *
Tayane *
Lesa *
Salma *
T.J. *
Jennifer *
Jordan *
Sophie *

Please, try to check in before the 1st!

Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Tracking: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 2: by Michalina (new)

Michalina (bookovelove) | 102 comments Checking in! :)

message 3: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments Hello!

message 4: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments We already got our first 5 words, so I made a spreadsheet for tracking, and we can start planning what everyone is going to read. I also added an "on hold" section in case someone reads a book that doesn't fit a word at the moment, but it can come to fit something later. It's here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ladygator71) | 118 comments Checking in as well!

message 6: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Katrani (sophiekatrani) | 229 comments Checking in! Nice to work with you again Tayane! The spreadsheet will definitely help. I will try to find some books that fit soon!

message 7: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Katrani (sophiekatrani) | 229 comments Have you decided on any books guys?

message 8: by Jennifer (last edited May 27, 2017 01:29PM) (new)

Jennifer (ladygator71) | 118 comments Books I have:

Life: The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin Life After Life by Kate Atkinson

Plan on reading:

Little: Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) by Sara Shepard

Cure: The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters

Hot: White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 9: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments I really want to read Big Little Lies, do you wanna set a buddy read for it?

message 10: by Tayane (last edited May 25, 2017 01:08PM) (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments I was also planning to read Perfect (book 3 on the Pretty Little Liars series) for "little". I need to look for some books for the other words.

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ladygator71) | 118 comments A buddy read for Big Little Lies would be great! Let me know

I also have Perfect but haven't read any of the others yet.

message 12: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments Great! Can we set it for the 3rd? I'm not sure how the beginning of the month is going to be for me hahaha.

Pretty Little Liars is really fun and quick to read, you could read the first one for "little" as well if you feel like it :)

message 13: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1490 comments Woohoo I found my team lol. Hey everyone.

message 14: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments Lesa wrote: "Woohoo I found my team lol. Hey everyone."

Welcome!! Hahaha

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ladygator71) | 118 comments The 3rd is good for me.

Let me know how you want to set it up. Honestly, I've never really done an actual buddy read before.

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ladygator71) | 118 comments Question. If we buddy read Big Little Lies that knocks out two of the "little" category correct?

message 17: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments Jennifer wrote: "Question. If we buddy read Big Little Lies that knocks out two of the "little" category correct?"

Yes :)

Well, I'm gonna ask the mods to restart the thread for the BR (if it doesn't exist yet, I'll start one on my own), and we comment about the book on this thread as we read, talking about what we're thinking, sharing thoughts etc. I'll link you the thread when it's done.

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ladygator71) | 118 comments Sounds good

message 19: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments Here's the link to the Big Little Lies thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Now we just need to way 'til the 3rd :D

message 20: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Katrani (sophiekatrani) | 229 comments Jennifer we could BR Pretty Little Liars together if you are interested. Let me know.

message 21: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1490 comments I think I might start off with pretty little liars too. Going to library tomorrow going to look around.

message 22: by Michalina (new)

Michalina (bookovelove) | 102 comments Some books I plan on reading:

Hot: White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Thing: Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum

Life: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

message 23: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments Michalina, we can buddy My Life Next Door if you want to.

message 24: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments And don't forget to update the spreadsheet with the books you're going to read.

message 25: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Katrani (sophiekatrani) | 229 comments Tayane wrote: "Michalina, we can buddy My Life Next Door if you want to."
I would like to BR that as well. Maybe the 1st?

message 26: by Michalina (new)

Michalina (bookovelove) | 102 comments Sophie wrote: "Tayane wrote: "Michalina, we can buddy My Life Next Door if you want to."
I would like to BR that as well. Maybe the 1st?"

It works for me.

message 27: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments I'm not sure if I'll be able to start it on the 1st, but I can join you later anyway :)

message 28: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Katrani (sophiekatrani) | 229 comments Michalina can you ask for the thread?

message 29: by Jennifer (last edited May 26, 2017 02:56PM) (new)

Jennifer (ladygator71) | 118 comments Sophie and Lesa, we can buddy read Pretty Little Liars if you want. Let me know.

message 30: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments Sophie wrote: "Michalina can you ask for the thread?"

I will!

message 31: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1490 comments Jennifer wrote: "Sophie and Lesa, we can buddy read Pretty Little Liars if you want. Let me know."

That's fine with me I got book 1 today from the library I was go start reading it this weekend.

message 32: by T.J. (last edited May 29, 2017 12:19AM) (new)

T.J. Burns | 2720 comments Hi Team Herring!

I don't know how I missed the teams going up. Thanks, Tayane, for setting up the spreadsheet. Excellent! I've got some buddy reads set up, but I need to check my lists.

Some possibilities I have on my to-read list are:

Life:
Life Charmer Koda's Quest (Life Charmer, #1) by Kristal Shaff Lifeblood (Everlife, #2) by Gena Showalter Wesley James Ruined My Life by Jennifer Honeybourn For This Life Only by Stacey Kade The Baking Life of Amelie Day by Vanessa Curtis Life in a Fishbowl by Len Vlahos How to Outfox Your Friends When You Don't Have a Clue (My Life Is a Zoo, #3) by Jess Keating My Miserable Life by F.L. Block I See Reality Twelve Short Stories About Real Life by Kristin Elizabeth Clark Run for Your Life by Trevor Kew The Test Junior Lifeguards by Elizabeth Doyle Carey A Girl Walks Into a Book What the Brontës Taught Me about Life, Love, and Women’s Work by Miranda K. Pennington Cody and the Rules of Life by Tricia Springstubb A Life Between Us by Louise Walters

Little:
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett Little Monsters by Kara Thomas Mother's Little Helper by Karen MacInerney A Little of Chantelle Rose by Cristina Hodgson Our Little Secret by Roz Nay Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) by Sara Shepard Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies by Laura Stampler Little Computer People by Galen Surlak-Ramsey A Million Little Things (Mischief Bay, #3) by Susan Mallery

Hot
Hot Flush by Rosy Fenwicke Veronika Layne Gets the Scoop (Hot off the Press, #1) by Julia Park Tracey

Thing
I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo Elsie Mae Has Something to Say by Nancy J. Cavanaugh Anything You Want by Geoff Herbach Anything Is Possible by Elizabeth Strout The Last Thing You Said by Sara Biren The Luster of Lost Things by Sophie Chen Keller A Million Little Things (Mischief Bay, #3) by Susan Mallery Definitions of Indefinable Things by Whitney Taylor

Other books I've scheduled to read:
The Messenger Within by P.G. Harding The Border by Steve Schafer

message 33: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments If we read what we've put on the spreadsheet, we already have "life" and "little" filled, so we just need "hot", "cure" and "thing".

message 34: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments Hello, TJ!

message 35: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 95 comments Checking in!

message 36: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments Welcome, Jordan!

message 37: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments Michalina and Jennifer, do you want to BR White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout ?

message 38: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ladygator71) | 118 comments Sounds good! When did you want to start this one?

message 39: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments What about the 5th?

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ladygator71) | 118 comments That will work 😊

message 41: by Michalina (new)

Michalina (bookovelove) | 102 comments I'm also happy with that :)

message 42: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments Alright, I'll ask for it :D

message 43: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments Hello! :)

message 44: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Burns | 2720 comments Here's a bit of interesting info for this challenge:

I asked the mods: "I know different forms of the word count, like for "hot", we can use "hots", "hotty," "hotplate," etc. Can we also use the word if the key word is part of another word, like "shot" or "photo"?

And the answer is YES!

Also the author's name counts, so the group buddy read by Terry SchHOTt would count for "hot":

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

My daughter and I want to read a book by Kathryn Littlewood, so that would count for "little" too.

message 45: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments That's great! We have already set all the books for "little", "life" and "thing" at the moment, and I think we need only one for "hot" and two or three for "cure" (I'm on my phone so I can't check it out, google docs don't open on it xD).

message 46: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Burns | 2720 comments Just thought I'd mention it -- we could get words again because selection is random. Hope we get a wild card or two... :D

message 47: by Tayane (new)

Tayane Cristie (taycristie) | 2865 comments TJ wrote: "Just thought I'd mention it -- we could get words again because selection is random. Hope we get a wild card or two... :D"

Wildcard would be really helpful! "The" too hahaha.

message 48: by T.J. (last edited May 31, 2017 02:27PM) (new)

T.J. Burns | 2720 comments Yes! I've got some "the" books to read!

I've added you all as friends!

message 50: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Katrani (sophiekatrani) | 229 comments Thanks for making the threads! I will start in a couple of hours with My life next door!

« previous 1